What's new

The Simpsons 11/17/02 (1 Viewer)

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
Definitely better than last week's episode, but still not that great.

Was the intro an homage to something or was it just strange for the sake of being strange?

Richard Kim

Senior HTF Member
A much better episode than than the others this season.
My favorite line:
"Ifyouwaiveyourrighttosuesaywhat..."
:D

Jeremy Allin

Supporting Actor
It was neat to hear the Canadian references in this show. The hometown of this episode's writer, Tim Long, is Exeter, Ontario (about 45 minutes south of where I live). :)
Just thought you'd all like that useless bit of trivia.

R

RossTerry

i thought the quip about the Capital City mascot spending $80 million dollars of his own money to be elected was funny.

I have to believe that is a comment on the Texas race for Governer. Tony Sanchez lost the election after spending that much money.

solid episode

i dont like how people continue to diss the Simpsons...give each episode some time to digest, take in a few reruns then re-evaluate them in a few years.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
i thought the quip about the Capital City mascot spending $80 million dollars of his own money to be elected was funny.
I have to believe that is a comment on the Texas race for Governer. Tony Sanchez lost the election after spending that much money.
So did Tom Galisano here in NY. That's what I thought it was a reference to:)

Paul_Medenwaldt

Supporting Actor
I love the simpsons, have been a big fan since it started.

Luckily there have been more hits then misses when it comes to each episode, but last nite's show did not click with me. I laughed a few times at the start of the episode.

I loved the Animal Survivor saying that the Antelope and Lion alliance had failed:

and they show the lion eating the Antelope (or was it a Gazelle??)

But after that the whole sequence of putting Bart and Lisa in the 3rd grade just fell apart for me. The 3rd grade teacher and the students were to generic and had no personality to them, expect the teacher displayed at moments it had some humor to the character.

And what i mean by being generic is that they had to keep introducing Nelson into scenes to give it that Simpson's feel. Its like they didn't have enough confidence in the NEW characters that were there and that they were not able to hold the scene.

Paul

Scott D S

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Scott Saslow
I liked the episode, a lot more than most recent episodes, actually. As a Get Smart fan, I have to say that the intro was excellent.

Rob P S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
rob
A fairly funny episode, and one that thankfully didn't focus on Homer. I loved the Nelson gags. They need to get back to focusing on the regular characters instead of stunt-casting.

Kevin Porter

Supporting Actor
This actually quite the breath of fresh air. I thought that the jokes in this weeks episode were funny. I think I laughed twice or something and that hasn't happened with the Simpsons for the past 2 seasons.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks