Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Major Problems With Battlefield 1942

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 OFFLINE   John Sturge

John Sturge

Stunt Coordinator

• 210 posts

Posted November 16 2002 - 05:15 AM

Has anyone had these problems with Battlefield 1942?
-Inability to see the in-game and menu text
-Inability to start a mulitplayer game(it loads then it errors out).

It was okay before, now it just won't do anything... Some help would be appreciated.

#2 of 5 OFFLINE   Chris Flynn

Chris Flynn

Second Unit

• 473 posts

Posted November 16 2002 - 10:04 AM

Hmm, can't say I've had either of those problems. Are you running version 1.1 of BF1942? There was a patch for the retail release, although I don't know what it fixed.

In-game and menu text problems may be attributed to your video card drivers, but I can't really be sure.

Have you done anything to your PC recently that you think may have caused these problems?

#3 of 5 OFFLINE   MikeH1

MikeH1

Screenwriter

• 1,498 posts

Posted November 16 2002 - 11:42 AM

John, I have done lots of reading at various forums about this game and there can be a lot of problems. Heres some links to help:

http://www.forummatc....hp?forumid=272

http://forums.bfnation.net/index.php

Chris, your still playing this game lots? Are you still using the name Ruffneck? Let me know your handle and I'll try finding you on ASE. This goes for you too John once you get it going again. I need some HTF buddies to machine gun down Posted Image

#4 of 5 OFFLINE   Chris Flynn

Chris Flynn

Second Unit

• 473 posts

Posted November 16 2002 - 12:33 PM

Michael,

I'm not playing it as much as I used to, but I still play a couple of times a week. I'm still using my nick "RuFfNeCk", so keep an eye out for me.

There's an expansion pack set to be released for BF1942 in the near future, chronicling the Italian and Sicilian campaigns. There is also a 1.2 patch coming for it in the coming weeks.

#5 of 5 OFFLINE   MikeH1

MikeH1

Screenwriter

• 1,498 posts

Posted November 16 2002 - 10:46 PM

yeah I have read about these additions. I will keep a watch for you but I won't be around for the next 4 or 5 days.