Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Total Movie and Jesus Christ Vampire Hunter?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 of 6 OFFLINE   MikeSilver

MikeSilver

Stunt Coordinator

• 52 posts

Posted November 15 2002 - 03:11 AM

Did anyone in Canada manage to get a copy of Jesus Christ Vampire Hunter in the last issue of Total Movie (last issue ever)? I opened mine up, the DVD sleeve said JCVH, the DVD was labelled JCVH, but when I popped it in, it had Species (the supposedly U.S. only movie)!!!! Arrrgggghhhh!!!! Now I'm out $12 for nothing! Good luck to those who purchase this from eBay (or a local store), because who knows what's really on the disc...

#2 of 6 OFFLINE   Jason Whyte

Jason Whyte

Screenwriter

• 1,442 posts

Posted November 15 2002 - 05:12 AM

There was a thread about this about a month ago with the exact same problems: outer case promised it, disc art promised it, yet SPECIES is on there. Yay. Posted Image

I have no idea what Total Movie did to rectify this situation, if anything at all!

If nothing else, it's good to see they've went back to putting DVD's back into their issues. It was always fun to go through their previous discs.

Jason
Buy National Treasure on DVD today..."The best movie I saw on Saturday night from 7pm to 9:30. The DTS track is freakin' awesome!" --Multiplex Drone

#3 of 6 OFFLINE   MikeSilver

MikeSilver

Stunt Coordinator

• 52 posts

Posted November 15 2002 - 08:17 AM

So... Noone in Canada ever received the correct movie on their discs? There are going to be some pretty po'd people who bought this on eBay after they pop the disc into their player and find a movie other than what was advertised and labelled. Nasty!

#4 of 6 OFFLINE   Russell G

Russell G

Executive Producer

• 10,051 posts
  • LocationDeadmonton

Posted November 15 2002 - 09:33 AM

I never received the JCVH disk, nor have I ever received an explanation from Total Movie, and now the mag is out of business.

Does anyone know if this movie is available on DVD at all?

#5 of 6 OFFLINE   ryan_m

ryan_m

Stunt Coordinator

• 114 posts

Posted November 17 2002 - 01:07 PM

It is coming out in Jan in the US. Check out:
http://www.eclecticd...p?item=EDD01028

Funny stuff.

#6 of 6 OFFLINE   Vince Maskeeper

Vince Maskeeper

Lead Actor

• 6,504 posts

Posted November 18 2002 - 12:15 AM

I have no idea what Total Movie did to rectify this situation, if anything at all!

I think their official response was to go out of business.

Posted Image

Vince
Need an introduction to home theater? Check out our FAQ and Primer!!