What's new

Firefly AR Question (1 Viewer)

Chad E

Stunt Coordinator
I've really been enjoying Firefly this season, but one thing is bugging me... Global Television, which carries the series in Canada, showed the first two eps in widescreen, but ever since then it's been P&S. The cropping seems really bad in places, and it's really bugging me. And it's probably even more noticeable than it would have been, because they teased us with widescreen at the beginning! :)
I'm just wondering... does Fox continue to show this series in WS? If so, it's time for me to send a letter to Global... but it won't do much good if this is what they are getting from the originating American network.
Thanks!

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
IIRC, the past few Firefly episodes are in fullscreen (MAR), not widescreen (like the first early episodes were).

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
It is widescreen on Fox's digital channels
16:9 is Joss's official prefered AR for the show, and unfortunately Fox only agreed to keep it widescreen if it did gangbusters, which it didn't :frowning:

Mark_Wilson

Screenwriter
It looks way better in WS. I've compared both 4:3 & 16:9 versions of the same Eps and the 4:3 versions seem very cramped in some shots. I hope Firefly makes it to dvd.

Amy Barnes

Grip
>>Fox only agreed to keep it widescreen if it did gangbusters, which it didn't

That's interesting--I didn't realize broadcasting in widescreen was more expensive. By the way, wasn't last Sunday's Angel in full screen? I can't remember now if it regularly goes back and forth or not--I always think of it as widescreen.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks