What's new

AOTC & LOTR:EE/SE store price reports (threads merged) (1 Viewer)

Christopher_S

Stunt Coordinator
I work in radio... putting in next week's national network ads, one retailer is going to advertise AOTC DVD and VHS at 9.99. This store is not a place I frequent, I don't know if they will have many copies per location, or whether they'll stock widescreen. But maybe others will follow suit.

Brandon_S

Second Unit
This is where Wal-Mart pricematching is very nice. I can stroll in there at midnight with my ad from another store and get a widescreen copy to boot!

Brandon_S

Second Unit
Aaron,

I have noticed this on some titles, but when I went to get E.T., the clerk had to manually price match at my location. I wonder if the computers at the store automatically reset the price for a product after a price match?

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I wonder if the computers at the store automatically reset the price for a product after a price match?
Gee, that would be a cool system, eh? The problem with that idea is "what's the deadline?" There would have to be a human to intervene and set a time/date in the system to which that price expires.

aaron campbell

Second Unit
My local Walmart changes the prices in their system to whatever ad price I bring with me. Theyr'e happy to match and or beat any store. They also always have more widescreen than pan & scam.

Aaron

Scott Leopold

Supporting Actor
Aaron, which Wal-Mart do you go to? And please don't say the one on Wilmington because I've had nothing except horror stories trying to price match there. The Beavercreek store is the only one I ever have decent luck at.

Mitch Stevens

Supporting Actor
I called my local Wal*Mart, and they said they absolutely DO *NOT* price match any store price. I called my Local Best Buy, and they said that they do price match. So, it looks like I'll be picking this up at Best Buy. I wonder which store is selling it for only $9.99.

Brandon_S

Second Unit
Aaron,

E.T. rang up at Wal-Mart (for me anyway) at around $22.99. I had to ask the lady to manually price match according to my K-Mart ad that week that showed it for $14.95. Now I bought this movie right at midnight, and was possibly the first person in the store to actually purchase the movie, hence my theory above. Last night, I didn't make it to Wal-Mart until around 2 am, and Spider-man had already been knocked down to $14.77.

Mitch,

I can't believe your Wal-Mart won't price match. That is very odd. In my old hometown we have the smallest Wal-Mart in the state of Kentucky and they still price match (with ad of course).

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
compusa in delaware on concord road is 14.99. at least thats what it rang up for me.

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
I'd guess CompUSA will loss leader AOTC for 9.99, and have just a few P&S copies per store, no widescreen. They pulled this crap with Harry Potter.

DavidBL

Stunt Coordinator
Mitch,

The one time I price matched at Best Buy (Schoolhouse Rock) the checkout employee actually called Target to verify that they were in stock before she'd adjust the price. If the $9.99 price is indeed a "first 25 copies" at CompUSA or some such thing, and you try to price match it at BB, you might not get it if the competitor is out of stock. With a price that low, they'll almost certainly try to verify it.

Bob-N

Supporting Actor
I was pretty fortunate that Wally-mart matched the Harry Potter CompUSA after talking with their manager. I didn't hit Wally-mart until lunchtime after hitting CompUSA at 945am and finding out they only had 20 copies total.

I hope to do the same if it's CompUSA. My guess is Kmart as the original poster said VHS or DVD which is Kmart's loss leader format.

Bob

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
Kmart priced match the CompUSA Harry Potter deal for me. (Kmart actually had widescreen versions.)

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
I believe I wound up getting the price match at K-Mart too. Best Buy almost did it, then weaseled out saying the ad says something about special in store savings, was not the same as it selling at the cheaper price.

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
CompUSA is evil. Their loss leaders are a joke. If the best comes of it, Walmart will premark their stock for the price match, but nobody else will match an out-of-stock CompUSA.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks