What's new

*** Official "DIE ANOTHER DAY" Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
This thread is now designated the Official Discussion Thread for "Die Another Day". Please, post all comments, links to outside reviews, film and box office discussion items to this thread.
All HTF member film reviews of "Die Another Day" should be posted to the Official Review Thread.
Thank you for your consideration in this matter.
Crawdaddy

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
I must say I am starting to get rather up for another Bond outing, and typically what's put me in the mood is the latest score release. Again David Arnold has fused orchestral with a techno underscoring as he has done with his past two efforts, most notably with TWINE.
The mix is more even in the Die Another Day score, he's refined the approach somewhat and both the electronic and orchestral elements flow nicely together.
At least if I don't like the movie I can close my eyes and listen to the music. :) Dum de de dum dum, dum dum dum dum de de dum dum.... :D
Dan

NickFoley

Stunt Coordinator
That opening looks like it will eclipse TWINE's which I consider the best of all the Bond films.

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
Kenneth, you wont be dissapointed with the CD, save for those space wasting first two tracks (Madonna and Oakenfold). :)
Thrilled reviews are favorable so far.
Dan

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
I used to look forward to each new Bond soundtrack because I love John Barry's work and I always felt the few pre-Brosnan Bonds that didn't have a John Barry score were always missing some of the classic Bond atmosphere that Barry created so well. I still have that feeling with the new Bonds although the soundtracks are good they still are missing the classic Bond feel. I really wish Barry would do another Bond film.

NickFoley

Stunt Coordinator
Kenneth, you wont be dissapointed with the CD, save for those space wasting first two tracks (Madonna and Oakenfold).
You dont like Madonna theme "Die Another Day"? I think its great.

But I do agree with you on Oakenfolds interpretation of the James Bond theme. It isnt anything special. The best version of it would be Crystal Methods Mix of the theme.

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
Nick, I think it's spawned from the musical lungs of satan. :) :D A below average song for me, but then I've not liked a bond song since A View to a Kill.
Dan

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
No, that never grabbed me either as it happens, although that remains the best of the songs for any of the Brosnan outings.

Dan

Kenneth English

Second Unit
Dan,
Just got back from lunch (stood in a line at Best Buy for nearly a half-hour - everyone was buying the ATTACK OF THE CLONES DVD). Listened to the first half of the CD but I think you're right -- it's a keeper! The slower cues (such as "Jinx Jordan" and "Jinx and James") have a much more Barry-esque feel than any of Arnold's previous scores. The electronica influence is in overdrive this time (even moreso than TWINE) but I like it. Good stuff.
P.S. I agree with you on the Madonna song. Could they have found a song that sounds less like a Bond theme than this?????? Ugh... :frowning:

Jason Adams

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Roger Jason Adams
But really, listening to pieces to the score online, I feel that Madonna's song fits into the score. Now, Arnold made a new song, "I Will Return", and is using that throughout the score. There is some of that in the soundtrack release, near the end of "A Touch of Frost". Now, Arnold recorded 100 minutes of score, of which 40 is represented in the soundtrack, thanks to CD-ROM content.

I love the score though. I'm picking it up as soon as I get the money.

Now, I hear that the gunbarrel will be changed. When Brosnan shoots at the audience, a bullet will come through the hole, and the blood will come down.
What do you guys think about that?

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
Now, Arnold recorded 100 minutes of score, of which 40 is represented in the soundtrack, thanks to CD-ROM content.
Indeed. :frowning: CD Rom stuff gone we could have upped it to 50 mins, 55... Heck, get rid of the oakenfold remix as thats not in the movie either. Bah!
Thats the worst part now. Loving what I heard on the CD, now waiting to hear what I'll love and cant have from the full movie.
Dan

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
I'll hope but not expect. Would have loved one on TWINE, some terrific cues never made the CD there.

Dan

Christopher D

Second Unit
I love Bond -- have a huge collection, a couple of framed posters, the whole smash.

Even *I* am getting tired of the non-stop promotion for this movie. Just get it out, already!

Kenneth English

Second Unit
Best Bond songs (IMO):
1) Goldfinger
2) You Only Live Twice
3) For Your Eyes Only
4) The Spy Who Loved Me
5) A View to a Kill
6) The World Is Not Enough
Madonna's DIE ANOTHER DAY, on the other hand would be #1 on the list of worst songs (and, yes, I am taking the horrible song from MAN WITH THE GOLDEN GUN into account). :thumbsdown:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks