What's new

METROID PRIME Review - 9.8 from IGN! (1 Viewer)

Steven_V

Stunt Coordinator
Here is a small excerpt from IGN's four-page METROID PRIME review (currently Insider only):
Congratulations Retro Studios! :) I can't wait to pick this up next week.
It seems Retro have proved all the early doubters wrong, myself included, who said Metroid in 3D could not be done. Not only has Retro brought Metroid into 3D, but they've managed to retain the gameplay that made the older games such classics as well. :)
Also word from IGN is that Retro will announce shortly that work is already underway on the sequel to Metroid Prime! :D However IGN has not yet confirmed this information, so for now it is still considered a rumor.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Remember when Nintendo had to send Retro some of their disaster control people? Looks like it worked.

I want this game SO BAD!!!

Chris Flynn

Second Unit
So I still want this game badly, but I think I still want the Sonic Mega Collection more...

But a 9.8... I might have to figure a way to get MP into my budget this week...

BertFalasco

Supporting Actor
Should I save this purchase for my birthday (Nov 30) and pick up NightFire and Mortal Kombat or MK and MP?

-Bert

Todd H

Go Dawgs!
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd
9.8?
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif
It's gonna be an expensive November!

Chris Flynn

Second Unit
Maybe it's just me, but I still want the Sonic Mega Collection more than I want MP... But that 9.8 does make it REAL enticing...

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Chris-

Well have you played any of the old Sonic games already? If so, then that's part of the experience that Sonic Mega Collection offers. Chances are you haven't played Metroid Prime yet.

Rusty Ray

Second Unit
Playing the demo made me want it even more.. this plus xbox live and mech assault and tomorrows dvds... need another vacation!!

Chris Flynn

Second Unit
Morgan,
Yeah, I know... But it's that old-school mentality about Sega and the Sonic series that makes me really want to get it...
I dunno... This is turning out to be a harder decision that UC or GR for Xbox last week. LOL
I will probably get MP first though, as I have some fond memories of Super Metroid for SNES and I'm a sucker for a hot chick in combat armor. :D

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
I still don't know if I want this, and I cant think why as it certainly looks lovely. I am not big on FPS.... Hmmmm what to do, what to do....

Dan

Derek.Dixon

Agent
Fine this game is the stuff BUT is it 16:9? Can anyone who read the review tell us if IGN said if it was or not obviously it's progressive scan, and I'm sure it's that Dolby pro logic surround 5.1 part II or whatever they call it, but how about the aspect ratio??????

Jeffrey Forner

Screenwriter
On similar note, Planet GameCube just released their review of Metroid Fusion for GBA. It received a final score of 9.5. You can read the review here.
I still don't know if I want this, and I cant think why as it certainly looks lovely. I am not big on FPS.... Hmmmm what to do, what to do....
Dan, trust me on this one. Buy this game! It is not a first-person shooter. It's a first-person game, but not a shooter by any means. Based on the level I played at the the Cube Club last month, I can tell you that this game focuses more on exploration and puzzle solving than it does in blasting bad guys. If you loved past Metroid games, you need to play this game.

Camp

Senior HTF Member
Should I save this purchase for my birthday (Nov 30) and pick up NightFire and Mortal Kombat or MK and MP?
Hmmm...I think it very fair to make lots of fun of anyone who purchases any Mortal Kombat title over any Metroid title.
Maybe it's just me though. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation380
Recent bookmarks