What's new

All in the Family & Sanford and Son, where is season two? (1 Viewer)

Todd Johnson

Auditioning
Sorry if this has been asked before, I did a search and came up with 1355 results but could not find my answer.
Will the rest of the series of these two titles be released?
I bought season one of each thinking I would have the entire series but have not seen season two talked about.
I have been out of the loop the last few months so I apologize if this is a dumb question:confused:
Any help would be appreciated :)
Todd

Jeffrey Gray

Second Unit
A lot of people say that Columbia is only releasing season-1 box sets of every TV show, and never following through with season 2. I think that must be the case on these.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
It's too early to tell. And while Jeffrey's heart is in the right place to give you "fair warning", it should be noted that he's repeating rumors that are entirely unsubstantiated.
Columbia says NOTHING about a DVD release until about 60-90 days before they release it. They otherwise don't even telegraph it, unless it's a super-mega-big title (like Spider-Man). I've asked them on several occassions (including as high as a couple of VP's, and also the no-name worker bees who always tend to spill the beans), and they just tell me the same thing: "we can tell you nothing". They seem paranoid about plans changing and customers holding them to original plans, so they never say what the plans are until it's too late to change them.
So: assuming that All In The Family gets Season 2 around a year after Season 1 came out, then that means that Season 2 won't get announced until January-ish, for a March/April release (S1 was on 3/26/02!).
Sanford & Son season 2? Four months after that! (S1 was released on 8/6/02)
And that's making a big assumption...only a 1-year wait between seasons. Just ask fans of Stargate SG-1, who had to wait from 5/2001 to 9/2002 to get their 2nd season! :eek:
Right now I recommend patience and great TV-on-DVD like The Outer Limits!

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
And I recommend that Columbia take a cue from Fox, who are releasing MTM and M*A*S*H on a regular basis.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Well, I purchased "All in the Family" and I want "Jeffersons" and "Sanford & Son." However, I'm going to wait on those two until I hear announcements of the second seasons.

That probably sends the wrong message, as were I to buy now it would show another interested consumer and increased demand. But, I also don't want a shelf full of single seasons if there's no intention of carrying on.

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
I would think that Sanford sold well. Every Best Buy around was sold out of them.

Clinton C

Stunt Coordinator
if you go to the columbia website and go to the TV section it says Sanford and Son complete season 2 is coming soon.

Eugene Esterly

Supporting Actor
if you go to the columbia website and go to the TV section it says Sanford and Son complete season 2 is coming soon.
Goto http://www.sonypictures.com/cthe/tv/ to see the info. On the Sanford & Son picture it says coming soon: The Complete Second Season of Sanford & Son.
The other releases don't say when the second season is coming.
I want All In The Family (Season 2 on up)

JohnDMoore

Stunt Coordinator
That's encouraging news that Sanford's planned. I just hope that we can see all 7 seasons of "Mad About You" eventually. I've bookmarked this site and will be anxiously awaiting any news.
I'd also be very interested in seeing All in the Family followed through.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
:laugh:
Sometimes I get so caught up in keeping an eye on the official channels meant for "media" guys to get info on new releases, that I forget that there might be info in the regular consumer channels that gets leaked instead!
Now why in the world do you think Columbia would put that blurb in there where anybody could spot it, but when I call them up and ask "what's new?", the PR-type people get all CIA on me? :laugh: It's hilarious, I tell you!
Clinton, Eugene: thanks for the info and the link! I just sent it to Gord (owner of TVShowsOnDVD), and pointed him toward this thread and your names. I'll let him decide what to do with it. I, too, just bookmarked that site and will keep up with it. I definately didn't know it was there!
In the meantime, Dave H is right about how well Sanford sold. So it just wouldn't surprise me if that one got a Season 2 before some of the others did. Not that any of the sets did badly; they all sold well. But Sanford really did surprise some folks! Not sure why, it's a great show.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Season 2 of both shows mentioned in this thread's subject:
February 4th.
Along with Good Times Season 1 and a "best of" Married...with Children. Folks who know me for a long time here understand that the latter is a bitter disappointment compared to the season sets I wanted!
Anyway, news bits are being posted even as we speak at TVShowsOnDVD.com. All the info I could dig up!!

Terry H

Second Unit
Along with Good Times Season 1 and a "best of" Married...with Children. Folks who know me for a long time here understand that the latter is a bitter disappointment compared to the season sets I wanted!
Strange. I thought season sets sold better than "best of" releases. Was I wrong? In fact, I thought "best of" releases were a thing of the past. I personally never bought them and never will. Sadly, I'll pass on Married... with Children.
Thanks for the good news on All In The Family.:D

nousername

Supporting Actor
This is indeed good news about All in the Family. One of the best shows ever, in my opinion. I just hope Season 2 won't cost as much as Season 1 did, and that there will be some special features added, but I doubt it...

Eugene Esterly

Supporting Actor
It's great that finally the second season of All In The Family is coming to DVD. COOL, just what I have been waiting for.

Eugene Esterly

Supporting Actor
This is indeed good news about All in the Family. One of the best shows ever, in my opinion. I just hope Season 2 won't cost as much as Season 1 did, and that there will be some special features added, but I doubt it...
How much did season 1 cost? I picked up my copy of All In The Family Season 1 in Sept 2002 at Best Buy for $29.99.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Allan, I gotta run, but click on that TVShowsOnDVD icon in my sig and find the news item on AitF S2...I mentioned the list price in the news bit!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlohaTiger
Recent bookmarks