What's new

Panzer Dragoon Orta (1 Viewer)

Andre F

Screenwriter
Holy crap! I couldn't believe this game after playing the demo on the OXM disc. The graphics are beautiful and the gameplay is so fun. Geez, I don't remember the Saturn version being this much fun...too bad I have to wait until January for it.

Mike Pattee

Second Unit
I've never played any of the panzer dragoons before but I was also amazed with this game. I found it very fun and very reminiscent of the early 90's side scroller shooters in the arcades. I can't think of the names but I know one of the had differn't planes and jets including the f14, a10 and a f18 I think. And they had different strengths.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I was reading about how PDO is going to have some "big secret" in it. I'm going to go out on a limb and guess you can access a previous PD game after beating the main game, just like in House of the Dead 3.

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
In fact, I know for sure that OXM had a sidebar about it in their PDO review.
...and they reiterated it again in this months rumor section I believe.
I should be interesting to see the reaction to the original game from the many that have not played the Saturn or PC versions. This just makes the PDO pie that much sweeter:D.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I wonder if they'll spruce the original up...

Maybe they'll have an original version of it and a remix version with better graphics?

(I'm out of the loop on X-Box stuff since I don't have one. I'm hoping to maybe get one this Christmas, but I'm still waiting for hell to freeze over)

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
Wow, very nice Brian. Looks quite a bit like the smoother PC version which ran at 640X480. I am liking Sega's recent trend of including original titles in with thier new releases. Hope they keep it up!

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, those screenshots look very clean indeed. I really wanted them to include Zwei, as I prefer it over the first game... Guess they need to keep something for a bonus with PDO2 ;)

Kami

Screenwriter
Yeah I loved the demo as well...I've played it through about 7 times already. Great stuff. Going to pick it up for sure. And I was drooling over the Splinter Cell demo!

felix_suwarno

Screenwriter
i played the demo.

i think it wont sell. dont get me wrong, honestly, believe it or not, i love panzer dragoon. i even used the music ( by yoshitaka azuma ) from the opening title of the first game, for my wedding ceremony.

reasons?

the gameplay is old, i didnt notice any improvement on the control scheme. i believe there are people who simply hate on rail shooters, because they think on rail shooters are out of date. well, i cant blame them, because it is outdated in a sense.

i believe it is going to be really short. and i know, that there are people who despise short games, and i cant blame them because it makes all the sense in the world.

i will pick the game up immediately if the majority of the reviews were higher than at least 87 percent on gamerankings, otherwise i would wait until the price is lowered. i have to play a panzer dragoon sequel no matter what. panzer dragoon was one of my first 32 bit game!

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
i have to play a panzer dragoon sequel no matter what. panzer dragoon was one of my first 32 bit game!
Then why not support the series off the bat then? You know I find it interesting that the crux of your post is how you believe that Panzer Dragoon Orta will not sell well even though you love the series. Then do your part to change your prediction. I don't need to hear nor do I care about reasons why said game won't sell. I've seen plenty of FUCKING AWESOME games go straight down the tubes sales wise. How about helping to change that?
You know what to expect from the series and you admit to being a big fan of it. What the hell does an 87 matter? Am I being a bit harsh? Your damn right. I've been waiting for this game for too long and I will do everything in my power to ensure that the series continues. I want a new Panzer Dragoon Saga. I want the series to continue, just as I want Shenmue to continue so your damn right I'm passionate about it.

Jeffrey Forner

Screenwriter
Wonderful post, Romier! My sentiments exactly.

I would like to add that just because you beat a good game, doesn't mean that you are technically "done" with it. Whatever happened to playing through a game a second, third, or even a fourth time? I've probably played through the original Contra at least 50 times, and it only takes 30 to 45 minutes to do if you're any good. Yet, I don't mind because I love playing that game, and it's still offers a wonderful 45 minutes of entertainment. More recently, I found myself playing through much of Dead to Rights a second time, even though I had already beaten it. Why, you ask? Because it was such a blast the first time that I couldn't get enough of it with one run through.

Too many gamers nowadays think that unless the game lasts for 40 hours, they're getting ripped off. Whatever happened to making a quality game, even if it was short? I'd much rather play a brilliant game that lasted 5 hours than suffer through a dull 40-hour ordeal. I say that because I know I am much more likely to go back and play that 5-hour game than I am to re-play the 40-hour one.

Furthermore, I'd like to say that I really enjoyed the demo of Panzer Dragoon Orta. I'm definitely considering picking it up when it comes out. I may wait until after Christmas, when I will most likely have some gift certificates and extra money to blow on games, but it looks like a purchase-worthy title to me.

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
I may wait until after Christmas, when I will most likely have some gift certificates and extra money to blow on games, but it looks like a purchase-worthy title to me.
You'll have to wait till then anywho Jeffrey. The game doesn't release until January 2003:D. So get those certificates ready.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks