Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

24: Season 2 - Hour 2 - 11/05/02

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
54 replies to this topic

#1 of 55 OFFLINE   Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun

Studio Mogul

• 37,845 posts

Posted November 05 2002 - 03:56 AM

Just to get the discussion started. Come back after you've seen the episode. Discussion of the episode's contents do not need to be in spoiler text, but future episode spoilers do need spoiler text. Speculation just needs to be noted as such.
"Jee-sus, it's like Iwo Jima out there" - Roger Sterling on "Mad Men"
Patcave | 2006 Films | 2007 Films | Flickr | Comic-Con 2012 | Dragon*Con 2012

#2 of 55 OFFLINE   David Ortiz

David Ortiz

Auditioning

• 10 posts

Posted November 05 2002 - 05:45 AM

Patrick,

Perhaps the thread should be named 9:00am-10:00am.

Once the day gets going, it will be harder to remember that hour 8 is 3:00pm-4:00pm.

David

#3 of 55 OFFLINE   Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun

Studio Mogul

• 37,845 posts

Posted November 05 2002 - 07:08 AM

Thread titles are getting long enough, don'tcha think? If you're fan of the show, you'll know what hour is what.

#4 of 55 OFFLINE   Tom Rags

Tom Rags

Supporting Actor

• 576 posts

Posted November 05 2002 - 08:17 AM

The heck with election results tonight, I am pumped up for tonight's episode. Can't wait to see why Jack shot that lowlife....and what he needed the hacksaw for?! Posted Image

Here's to hoping that Nina makes an appearance soon...

BTW, Fox owes me at least a small portion of ad revenues, as I have single handedly gotten at least 10 different people and their families to watch this show this season Posted Image

#5 of 55 OFFLINE   Dan M~

Dan M~

Second Unit

• 353 posts

Posted November 05 2002 - 10:41 AM

Good Lord...

They aren't going to be running a "ticker tape" of election results across the screen between 9 and 10 pm are they!!! Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
-Dan M~

#6 of 55 OFFLINE   Mark Kalzer

Mark Kalzer

Second Unit

• 443 posts

Posted November 05 2002 - 12:00 PM

Hmmm...Guess that's another benefit of watching it on Canadian TV. I especially like watching it on Bell ExpressVu at 7:00! This episode was just excellent right up the point that I lost my satellite signal. Posted Image Oh well, thank goodness for time shifting!
- Mark Kalzer

#7 of 55 Guest_RossTerry_*

Guest_RossTerry_*

Posted November 05 2002 - 02:15 PM

solid episode

did anyone actually think the little girl would be there when Kim got back?

props to Kim for putting the tire iron to the father

i liked the expression Jack gave when he learned they were going to blow up the CTU building

it will be interesting to see how Palmer deals with the news guy

#8 of 55 OFFLINE   BrianShort

BrianShort

Supporting Actor

• 934 posts

Posted November 05 2002 - 02:27 PM

Pretty good episode there... I have to learn to not watch the previews for the next week though, I think they revealed at least one big plot point I wouldnt have seen coming otherwise.

Posted Image Kim for kicking that fathers ass... but Posted Image for loosing the daughter. Yikes!

I guess if you're a reporter in the Palmer administration, you better do as he tells you Posted Image

Brian

#9 of 55 OFFLINE   Tom Rags

Tom Rags

Supporting Actor

• 576 posts

Posted November 05 2002 - 02:37 PM

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

I recorded 24 tonight because of a prior commitment, and Ijust went to turn it on. What do I see but Dan Rather's ugly mug on my screen. I somehow managed to record CBS instead of Fox Posted Image Posted Image

So now I have to wait until Monday a 11PM on FX? Is there a faster way? (PLEEEEEASE)

#10 of 55 OFFLINE   Adam_WM

Adam_WM

Screenwriter

• 1,626 posts

Posted November 05 2002 - 03:11 PM

Not a bad episode, not a great one. But whoooo boy!!! NEXT WEEK IS GONNA ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#11 of 55 OFFLINE   BrianV

BrianV

Stunt Coordinator

• 98 posts

Posted November 05 2002 - 03:20 PM

Does anyone else have trouble taking Billy Burke seriously as the evil psycho abusive father after seeing Dill Scallion?

Aside from that it was a decent espisode. I especially like the fact that Jack's in a situation where he's supposed to be an out of control madman.

I'd also like to say I agree with the above sentiment that the threads should be named by the time. "9-10a" would be suffient, and is shorter than "Hour 2." There's no need to make it a long title like "9:00 am - 10:00 am" or anything.

#12 of 55 OFFLINE   Thomas H G

Thomas H G

Screenwriter

• 1,034 posts

Posted November 05 2002 - 03:41 PM

I agree with David on the thead title.

I think Jack should of done this season with the beard.

Good episode overall.

I don't think Nina will be coming back. Is what she did last year be related to what's going down? Could be interesting if she does return though. More drama!

Um, what else is there to say? Looks like the exposition is about over and next week, its all action.
My Collection at DVD Aficiando

boogieman187 on XBL

#13 of 55 OFFLINE   James D

James D

Second Unit

• 427 posts

Posted November 05 2002 - 04:12 PM

Quote:
I don't think that Nina is coming back.
According to the review of the season premiere in USAToday, Nina along with the President's ex-wife will be back in a later episode. I am definitely looking forward to Nina's return. Maybe she can do us all a favor and take care of Kim.Posted Image I don't know how much of Kim's buffoonery that I can take for this season.

#14 of 55 Guest_RossTerry_*

Guest_RossTerry_*

Posted November 05 2002 - 04:32 PM

i noticed Jack kept his violent streak intact

he's 2 for 2

-the shooting of the witness/hacksaw
-breaking the dudes ankle

#15 of 55 OFFLINE   Benjamin_L

Benjamin_L

Stunt Coordinator

• 84 posts

Posted November 05 2002 - 04:37 PM

It's good to see they've returned to top form now that the premiere was out of the way.

Brian- you're totally right about the next episode previews, they should NOT have spoiled that plot twist! Live and learn I guess.

Anyone notice they're using the multiple-perspective shots more often? For some reason the premiere seemed much more restrained in that vein, detrimentally.

Quote:
Maybe she can do us all a favor and take care of Kim. I don't know how much of Kim's buffoonery that I can take for this season.

I wouldn't call the beat-down she issued to the jerk-off husband buffoonery, my man. I think Kim would have a boatload of whoop-ass for the woman who killed her mother (and unborn child). Plus she's Jack's kid. As Kim would say, "bring it!"Posted Image
XBLIVE GAMERTAG: the light
"Life is such a changing art."
-Dar Williams

#16 of 55 OFFLINE   Thomas H G

Thomas H G

Screenwriter

• 1,034 posts

Posted November 05 2002 - 05:14 PM

Quote:
According to the review of the season premiere in USAToday, Nina along with the President's ex-wife will be back in a later episode.

Awesome. I'll shut up then!Posted Image
:P)
My Collection at DVD Aficiando

boogieman187 on XBL

#17 of 55 OFFLINE   Thi Them

Thi Them

Producer

• 3,650 posts

Posted November 05 2002 - 05:27 PM

I hate Kim! Arggghh! There were clearly people around, why didn't she ask them for help?

~T

#18 of 55 OFFLINE   Jordan_E

Jordan_E

Screenwriter

• 2,233 posts

Posted November 05 2002 - 05:43 PM

Man, I love the sound effect for the seconds on the clock! Gets me pumped, even though a commercial is coming. I'm glad Jack pounded on the weasel guy; I hate it when those weasel guys stare at me when I'm trying to infiltrate their group. Posted Image
And you believe, at heart, everyone's a killer...

#19 of 55 OFFLINE   Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun

Studio Mogul

• 37,845 posts

Posted November 05 2002 - 05:55 PM

Sometimes you have to wonder if the makers of 24 just enjoy making Kim run around with absolutely no contingency plans.

I guess Jack really is in full black ops mode. This is one dangerous dude.

They did screw up the timing at the start of the episode where they show Jack in the helicopter with the new CTU female agent, and then they drop off Jack, and within 2 minutes, the female agent is back at her CTU desk. I don't think so.

#20 of 55 OFFLINE   Josh Dial

Josh Dial

Screenwriter

• 2,593 posts

Posted November 05 2002 - 06:23 PM

Jack also shaved that full beard in less time than humanly possible, but the show rules so much I'm letting little stuff like that slide Posted Image

cheers!

Josh

Forum Nav Content I Follow