Photo

Original I Spy

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 Nelson Au

Nelson Au

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 10,679 posts

Posted November 04 2002 - 04:35 AM

I did a search and was surprised to see no discussion of the DVD's released years ago on the original I Spy TV Series with Robert Culp and Bill Cosby. DVD Empire lists 3 box sets out which I'm sure is related to the new Eddie Murphy I Spy release.

If anyone owns these DVD, how are they, I assume they are pretty unremarkable for a 60's TV series unlike TOS Star Trek DVDs.

Thanks, Nelson

#2 of 3 Randy A Salas

Randy A Salas

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,348 posts

Posted November 04 2002 - 05:56 AM

I don't get the Trek:TOS reference, because they have no real supplements. Do you mean audio and video quality? If so, the I Spy episodes look and sound fine, about what you'd expect for a series of this vintage. The last two volumes--released individually as The Robert Culp Collection and available in the third boxed set--include the episodes that he wrote and feature his fun, wide-ranging commentary over most of the episodes.

For about $129 shipped, you can get all 82 episodes of I Spy in the new slimline packaging of the three sets. Is there a better bargain among TV series?
Randy A. Salas
DVD Columnist & Feature Writer
Minneapolis Star Tribune daily newspaper

#3 of 3 Nelson Au

Nelson Au

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 10,679 posts

Posted November 04 2002 - 06:20 AM

Randy-

Thanks for the insights on the I Spy DVD's. They are a good deal!

In reference to TOS Star Trek DVDs, yes I was asking if the video and audio was similar to the Star Trek transfers.

Nelson