Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Ghosting in HDTV but not DVD

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 OFFLINE   Steven Phipps

Steven Phipps

Stunt Coordinator

• 165 posts

Posted November 01 2002 - 11:40 PM

Ghosting in HDTV but not DVD
Hi everyone, I am hoping one of you can help me on this one.....
I have been watching DVD's on my VPL W400Q Widescreen Sony projector for a couple years now, the picture has been wonderful, but I kept hearing HDTV is so much better. So I picked up a Bell ExpressVu reciever, I do find the colours more vibrant and detail much better, but there are ghosting effects on the images (left side)....very minor, but makes things seem blurry. The ghosting seems like a gray transparant colour. The projector menu & pattern also display this effect when in HDTV mode, not just the picture, but only in hdtv mode. Component mode is perfectly fine all round, using the same wires. As for cables, I am using RG6 with F connectors to BNC adaptors, I would love to try another cable in case that is the problem, but where do you find 25' component cables you can send or take back if that is not the problem...BTW i am in Toronto, Canada. Any ideas??

#2 of 4 OFFLINE   Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs

Executive Producer

• 16,725 posts

Posted November 02 2002 - 05:53 AM

Is the SVM defeatable on that projector? Have you turned the so-called "sharpness" control all the way down?

#3 of 4 OFFLINE   Steven Phipps

Steven Phipps

Stunt Coordinator

• 165 posts

Posted November 03 2002 - 12:35 AM

sorry, forgive my ignorance, but what is SVM? BTW, thanks for the reply!!Posted Image

#4 of 4 OFFLINE   Eric Samonte

Eric Samonte

Screenwriter

• 1,325 posts

Posted November 03 2002 - 12:56 AM

Scan Velocity Modulation