What's new

24 S1: Should I buy R1 or R2? (1 Viewer)

Derek U

Stunt Coordinator
Let me see if I got this staright..........
The R1 set of 24 has all 24 shows as they were broadcast in the U.S. and the R2 set has extra footage only shown in the UK? Is this footage significant? I know that the extras are the same, but what about A/V quality? I'm just wondering what other people did before I make my decision.

Thanks,
Derek

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
Is this footage significant?
I have the R1 set, but as far as the extra footage in the UK being o any major significance goes, I'd have to say no. I say that simply for the fact that, you know, if the footage is so important, those who made the show would ensure it'd feature in the version they, their friends and their families in the US all end up watching and owning and none of it featured which says to me it's little more than filler material.

Dan

BrianV

Stunt Coordinator
First off let me say that I agree with the above - if the footage was really that significant, it would have been in the US version.

That being said, there has been a lot of discussion about the significance of the missing footage by fans.

I think the major point of discussion was that

Nina found out Terri was pregnant before she shot her.

Whether this dramatically alters the story or not is up to the viewer. I havent had a chance to see the UK version, so I can't really comment on it.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
I've seen the footage, it's really just filler. Get the R1 and don't have to worry about conversion artifacts and speedup

Richard Ruffner

Stunt Coordinator
On all my R2 dvd's I have never noticed artifacts or speedup. That being said, I got the R2 version because of the extra footage (most just filler), but I like the packaging better.

Mike-M

Stunt Coordinator
Richard,

Can you explain why the packaging is better than the R1?

Also, are the pictures on the inside covers any different than the R1?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks