Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Integra DPS-8.3?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 of 9 OFFLINE   Larry_W

Larry_W

Agent

• 28 posts

Posted October 31 2002 - 06:04 AM

Does anyone have any experience with this player? How does it compare to other players in the same price range?

#2 of 9 OFFLINE   steve gk

steve gk

Stunt Coordinator

• 59 posts

Posted November 01 2002 - 01:23 AM

Larry,

Just received my DPS 8.3 last night. Had a chance to hook it up and briefly test it out. Love it so far. Will have a better idea/comparison to my old player by middle part of next week. Feel free to shoot me an e-mail with any questions that I might be able to answer.

Steve

#3 of 9 OFFLINE   KeithH

KeithH

Lead Actor

• 9,427 posts

Posted November 01 2002 - 03:10 AM

Steve, what is your older player? Do you have an older DVD-Audio or SACD player for comparison of those formats?
My:
Main Stereo and HT Systems ;
Second Stereo System ;
Equipment List ; DVDs, SACDs, and more ;
Planned Upgrades and Additions "You know, the tomato never took off as a handfruit."- George Costanza

#4 of 9 OFFLINE   steve gk

steve gk

Stunt Coordinator

• 59 posts

Posted November 01 2002 - 04:43 AM

Keith,

My older player could play SACD but unfortunately never used it for SACD playback. I primarily use the DVD player for movies only. Sorry about not being able to compare the two formats.

Steve

#5 of 9 OFFLINE   Keith AP

Keith AP

Extra

• 16 posts

Posted November 01 2002 - 05:35 AM

Steve,

I am interested in hearing a bit about the Integra's bass management capabilities as it applies to DVD-A and SACD. Not having full range speakers throughout, I'm still waiting for a player that provides full bass management (80Hz or otherwise) sent through the 5.1 analog outputs.

#6 of 9 OFFLINE   KeithH

KeithH

Lead Actor

• 9,427 posts

Posted November 01 2002 - 05:38 AM

Steve, thanks. What is your older player? You could still compare the two players with SACDs. I would be curious to hear how the '8.3 compares with other SACD players out there. I am especially interested in how new universal players handle SACD since the Pioneer and Marantz players have gotten so-so reviews in this area.
My:
Second Stereo System ;
Planned Upgrades and Additions "You know, the tomato never took off as a handfruit."- George Costanza

#7 of 9 OFFLINE   steve gk

steve gk

Stunt Coordinator

• 59 posts

Posted November 01 2002 - 05:47 AM

I will have more time to experiment with the 8.3 over the weekend. I'm afraid that I will not be able to add much to the varying sound format comparisons because I do not have any SACDs or DVD audios (but plan to in the future). Sorry this doesn't help you guys out. For KeithH, my previous player was the Sony 9000es.

#8 of 9 OFFLINE   KeithH

KeithH

Lead Actor

• 9,427 posts

Posted November 01 2002 - 06:03 AM

Steve, O.K., one final question. Do you still have the 'S9000ES? It sounds like you got rid of it.
My:
Second Stereo System ;

#9 of 9 OFFLINE   steve gk

steve gk

Stunt Coordinator

• 59 posts

Posted November 01 2002 - 06:36 AM

KeithH,

I do still have the sony however it is tentatively sold to another home theater forum member.

Steve