What's new

Cheap Totem Dreamcatcher in Canada (1 Viewer)

Hi,

I live in Vancouver, Canada and am interested by the Totem Dreamcatcher speaker package.

What is suggested retail and where can I find them cheapest?

Also any other suggestion for similar product in that price and performance range?

Ian Garton

Grip
Hi Antoine,
I was at The Sound Room on West 4th in March and was quoted, in Canadian dollars, a price of $600 per pair of mains with mahogany finish, $550 for the center, and $800 for the subwoofer.
If you go to The Sound Room, get Ezio Lazzari to show them to you. I thought he was excellent and very helpful.
Here's their website: http://www.soundroom.ca
I'm not too sure about similar products. You could listen to the Totem Arro speakers and some of the Paradigm speakers at The Sound Room. Audio Video Unlimited also sells Paradigm.
You could also go to Hi-Fi Centre downtown and try out the B&W DM601 S3 bookshelf speakers, LCR60 S3 center, and ASW 600 subwoofer. That B&W package would be about the same cost as the Dreamcatcher.

JohnBrianW.

Stunt Coordinator
Hi Antoine,

I just bought Dreamcatchers in Cherry, I have to say they are beautiful! I lucked out and got a demo set for $1500...yeah for me!
The retail on these is $2450. The cheapest I've found them for other than my demo's is $1950 for black and mahagony, and $2095 for cherry and maple (+ tax).

Remember any authorized dealers for Totem won't ship them. You'll need to go and pick them up.

Totem just came out with 2 new speakers as well, a di/bi-pole named Lynks and a new sub called Thunder.

From all of my research, I would say the only 2 speakers that came close to the Dreams for sound would be Axiom's M3's and Paradigm's studio 20's. I personally prefered the Totem's sound to both the above mentioned. And if your preference is for real veneer...Totem is the answer.

BTW I'm in Toronto...so I called around to atleast 5 dealers.

Edward Richards

Auditioning
I am in Winnipeg and the best price I was able to obtain for the DC system in mahogany was

Satellites - $460
Center - $385
Sub - $628
----
$1933

I ended up getting a pair of the DC satellites for my rear surrounds, the DC center and a pair of Arros for my mains. For the sub I am using my SVS20-39PC+.

I don't think you will be disappointed in the Dreamcatchers!

Ed

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation690
Recent bookmarks