Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Help: better than the avr 525 for <1k?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 of 1 OFFLINE   Antoine Peltier

Antoine Peltier

Agent

• 40 posts

Posted October 27 2002 - 10:18 AM

Hi, I'm about to purchase a new receiver and here's my requirements: Less than $1000 For a 535 squarefoot condo: I want 5.1 in the living room and stereo in the bed-room. I want to purchase a HDTV widescreen so would like high-bandwith component video switching. I intend to use the receiver primarily for DTS/Dolby Digital DVDs (I don't watch TV), 5.1 video games, listening exclusively to hiphop on vinyl, mp3 and CD, as well as creating my own hiphop tracks from my Mac G4 using Reason and protools LE. A phono and headphone jack would be appreciated to work in the evening without disturbing my neighbours. So far I'm very interested in the HK avr 525 and really don't see any competition in the price range, but would appreciate any input or advice from experienced consumers on this forum. I also intend to go with the Totem Dreamcatcher 5.1 speaker package but am open to other suggestions. Finally, if anyone knows where I can acquire HK products cheap in the Vancouver, Canada area thta would also be appreciated. Thank you for your time! Antoine

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users