What's new

David Gilmour Concert DVD Delay??? (1 Viewer)

Sheldon

Stunt Coordinator
Since I can't seem to find this in our local stores and Amazon.com lists it as yet unreleased I figure its delayed.Can anyone shed some light on when it might be released...I heard it was pushed back until Nov 5.

Paul Boyle

Stunt Coordinator
FYI - It was released on R2 on 21/10/02 (originally due on 29/9/02) - Pretty damn good it is too ;)

jeff.wright

Auditioning
"DAVID GILMOUR IN CONCERT"
On VH-1 CLASSIC
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A 2-hour Special featuring the acclaimed solo artist and Pink Floyd member premieres
Tuesday, November 5 at 8:00pm Eastern Time
VH-1 Classic will air exclusive Gilmour interview and Pink Floyd Music Videos during the evening
VH-1 Classic will premiere "David Gilmour in Concert" on Tuesday, November 5 at 8:00 p.m. Eastern Time. This spectacular two-hour concert was filmed live at his critically acclaimed Meltdown Festival concert at London's Royal Festival Hall in June 2001 and includes appearances from Rick Wright, Robert Wyatt and Sir Bob Geldof.
Throughout the two-hour presentation, VH-1 Classic will also air portions of an exclusive one-on-one interview the network conducted with Gilmour. VH-1 Classic will also feature Pink Floyd music videos in a "Headline Act" block to follow the concert. The show will repeat on November 9th at 9:00pm and again during the week of December 23rd.
The concert features David Gilmour, his semi-acoustic band rich in talent, and the exquisite gospel choir led by Sam Brown. The set is tantalizing in its sheer diversity - from Pink Floyd classics such as Wish You Were Here, Comfortably Numb and High Hopes, to Syd Barrett's Terrapin and Dominoes as well as a performance of Je Crois Entendre Encore from Bizet's opera The Pearl Fishers which one critic described as an "unlikely triumph." and a new song Smile.
A DVD of the entire concert will be released on Capitol Records on Tuesday, November 5th.
edit:
Available at Amazon

Chris Brunner

Second Unit
Best Buy and Circuit City do not stock it in stores. They do offer it online though.

I ordered mine from Best Buy, but alas, no shipping statement yet.

I peeked in from time to time on VH-1 Classic. Man, it's gonna be GOOD!

C

BrettV

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Brett Voss
It's an amazing DVD. I love his choice of songs, too. Nice mix of Floyd and other stuff ... The last parts of shine on just blow me away ... and high hopes .. whhhhheeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwww ... that's some amazing stuff.

-Brett

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks