Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

HTF Movie Draft! Join in quick!

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
917 replies to this topic

#1 of 918 OFFLINE   Scott Weinberg

Scott Weinberg

Lead Actor

• 7,482 posts

Posted October 24 2002 - 12:39 PM

Round 1 Results: 1. Rain - 2001: A Space Odyssey 2. Justin - Requiem for a Dream 3. Matt - The Godfather 4. Steeve - The Empire Strikes Back 5. Evan - Raiders of the Lost Ark 6. Andrew - Citizen Kane 7. John - Miller's Crossing 8. Andy - Dark City 9. Elizabeth - The Deer Hunter 10. Matt P. - The Third Man 11. Jan - Lawrence of Arabia 12. Brian - The Princess Bride 13. George - The Apartment 14. Rich - Dawn of the Dead 15. Steve - Seven Samurai 16. Scott - Fight Club Round 2 Results 1. Scott - Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring 2. Steve - Paths of Glory 3. Rich - Day of the Dead 4. George - Rear Window 5. Brian - Vertigo 6. Jan - The Godfather Part 2 7. Matt P. - The Bridge on the River Kwai 8. Elizabeth - Psycho 9. Andy - Poltergeist 10. John - The Magnificent Ambersons 11. Andrew - Pulp Fiction 12. Evan - Star Wars 13. Steeve - Saving Private Ryan 14. Matt S. - Taxi Driver 15. Justin - Mulholland Dr. 16. Rain - Schindler's List Round 3 Results 1. Rain - Children of Paradise 2. Justin - Rosemary's Baby 3. Matt S. - Goodfellas 4. Steeve - Blade Runner 5. Evan - The General 6. Andrew - Dr. Strangelove 7. John - Fiddler on the Roof 8. Andy - The Thing (1982) 9. Elizabeth - Fargo 10. Matt P. - A Clockwork Orange 11. Jan - Raging Bull 12. Brian - Monty Python and the Holy Grail 13. George - Casablanca 14. Rich - Freddy's Dead: The Final Nightmare 15. Steve - Sullivan's Travels 16. Scott - Alien Round 4 Results 1. Scott - Young Frankenstein 2. Steve - Aguirre: The Wrath of God 3. Rich - Patton 4. George - North by Northwest 5. Brian - American Beauty 6. Jan - The Wizard of Oz 7. Matt P. - Platoon 8. Elizabeth - L.A. Confidential 9. Andy - Event Horizon 10. John - Gone with the Wind 11. Andrew - The Big Lebowski 12. Evan - City Lights 13. Steeve - Braveheart 14. Matt S. - 12 Angry Men (1957) 15. Justin - Seven 16. Rain - E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial Round 5 Results 1. Rain - The Maltese Falcon 2. Justin - The Hitcher 3. Matt S. - Jaws 4. Steeve - The Professional 5. Evan - Sunrise 6. Andrew - Unforgiven 7. John - Doctor Zhivago 8. Andy - Cube 9. Elizabeth - This is Spinal Tap 10. Matt P. - Singin' in the Rain 11. Jan - Ben-Hur 12. Brian - Silence of the Lambs 13. George - Some Like It Hot 14. Rich - Forrest Gump 15. Steve - The Day the Earth Stood Still 16. Scott - Airplane! Round 6 Results 1. Scott - Halloween 2. Steve - Lost Horizon 3. Rich - Apocalypse Now 4. George - Chinatown 5. Brian - Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon 6. Jan - Double Indemnity 7. Matt P. - To Kill a Mockingbird 8. Elizabeth - Das Boot 9. Andy - Scarecrows 10. John - The Man in the Moon 11. Andrew - One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest 12. Evan - The Treasure of the Sierra Madre 13. Steeve - Amelie 14. Matt S. - Magnolia 15. Justin - The Wicker Man 16. Rain - 8 1/2 Round 7 Results 1. Rain - Modern Times 2. Justin - Prince of Darkness 3. Matt S. - The Graduate 4. Steeve - Queen Margot 5. Evan - High Noon 6. Andrew - Stalag 17 7. John - Leaving Las Vegas 8. Andy - Lawn Dogs 9. Elizabeth - Three Colors: Red 10. Matt P. - The Shawshank Redemption 11. Jan - Full Metal Jacket 12. Brian - The Boondock Saints 13. George - The Gold Rush 14. Rich - Friday the 13th Part 6: Jason Lives 15. Steve - Night of the Living Dead (1968) 16. Scott - A Fish Called Wanda Round 8 Results 1. Scott - Moulin Rouge 2. Steve - Wings of Desire 3. Rich - Inferno 4. George - Toy Story 5. Brian - The Road Warrior 6. Jan - Manhattan 7. Matt P. - My Man Godfrey 8. Elizabeth - To Live and Die in L.A. 9. Andy - Photographing Fairies 10. John - A Room with a View 11. Andrew - 12 Monkeys 12. Evan - Fantasia 13. Steeve - Logan's Run 14. Matt S. - Donnie Darko 15. Justin - Black Christmas 16. Rain - Dumbo Round 9 Results 1. Rain - Sunset Boulevard 2. Justin - Martin 3. Matt S. - Boogie Nights 4. Steeve - La Femme Nikita 5. Evan - On the Waterfront 6. Andrew - Ferris Bueller's Day Off 7. John - The Importance of Being Earnest (2002) 8. Andy - Altered States 9. Elizabeth - Amadeus 10. Matt P. - The Last of the Mohicans (1992) 11. Jan - The Searchers 12. Brian - Heavenly Creatures 13. George - Planes, Trains and Automobiles 14. Rich - Home Alone 15. Steve - Once Were Warriors 16. Scott - Animal House Round 10 Results 1. Scott - Aliens 2. Steve - The Commitments 3. Rich - Back to the Future Part 2 4. George - Duck Soup 5. Brian - Kentucky Fried Movie 6. Jan - Close Encounters of the Third Kind 7. Matt P. - Robocop 8. Elizabeth - The Three Musketeers (1973) 9. Andy - Solaris (1971) 10. John - Cinema Paradiso 11. Andrew - Do the Right Thing 12. Evan - Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid 13. Steeve - The Time Machine (1960) 14. Matt S. - Rushmore 15. Justin - The Blair Witch Project 16. Rain - The Seventh Seal [c]Rosters Rain 2001: A Space Odyssey Schindler's List Children of Paradise E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial The Maltese Falcon 8 1/2 Modern Times Dumbo Sunset Boulevard The Seventh Seal Justin_S Requiem for a Dream Mulholland Dr. Rosemary's Baby Seven The Hitcher The Wicker Man Prince of Darkness Black Christmas Martin The Blair Witch Project Matt Stone The Godfather Taxi Driver Goodfellas 12 Angry Men (1957) Jaws Magnolia The Graduate Donnie Darko Boogie Nights Rushmore Steeve Bergeron The Empire Strikes Back Saving Private Ryan Blade Runner Braveheart The Professional Amelie Queen Margot Logan's Run La Femme Nikita The Time Machine (1960) Evan Case Raiders of the Lost Ark Star Wars The General City Lights Sunrise The Treasure of the Sierra Madre High Noon Fantasia On the Waterfront Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid Andrew_Sch Citizen Kane Pulp Fiction Dr. Strangelove The Big Lebowski Unforgiven One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest Stalag 17 12 Monkeys Ferris Bueller's Day Off Do the Right Thing John Rice Miller's Crossing The Magnificent Ambersons Fiddler on the Roof Gone with the Wind Doctor Zhivago The Man in the Moon Leaving Las Vegas A Room with a View The Importance of Being Earnest (2002) Cinema Paradiso Andy Olivera Dark City Poltergeist The Thing (1982) Event Horizon Cube Scarecrows Lawn Dogs Photographing Fairies Altered States Solaris (1971) Elizabeth S. The Deer Hunter Psycho Fargo L.A. Confidential This is Spinal Tap Das Boot Three Colors: Red To Live and Die in L.A. Amadeus The Three Musketeers (1973) Matt Pelham The Third Man The Bridge on the River Kwai A Clockwork Orange Platoon Singin' in the Rain To Kill a Mockingbird The Shawshank Redemption My Man Godfrey The Last of the Mohicans (1992) Robocop Jan H Lawrence of Arabia The Godfather Part 2 Raging Bull The Wizard of Oz Ben-Hur Double Indemnity Full Metal Jacket Manhattan The Searchers Close Encounters of the Third Kind Brian Kissinger The Princess Bride Vertigo Monty Python and the Holy Grail American Beauty Silence of the Lambs Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon The Boondock Saints The Road Warrior Heavenly Creatures Kentucky Fried Movie George Kaplan The Apartment Rear Window Casablanca North by Northwest Some Like It Hot Chinatown The Gold Rush Toy Story Planes, Trains and Automobiles Duck Soup Rich Romero Dawn of the Dead Day of the Dead Freddy's Dead: The Final Nightmare Patton Forrest Gump Apocalypse Now Friday the 13th Part 6: Jason Lives Inferno Home Alone Back to the Future Part 2 SteveGon Seven Samurai Paths of Glory Sullivan's Travels Aguirre: The Wrath of God The Day the Earth Stood Still Lost Horizon Night of the Living Dead (1968) Wings of Desire Once Were Warriors The Commitments Scott Weinberg Fight Club Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring Alien Young Frankenstein Airplane! Halloween A Fish Called Wanda Moulin Rouge Animal House Aliens [/c] (FILMS CLAIMED) 8 1/2 12 Angry Men (1957) 12 Monkeys 2001: A Space Odyssey Aguirre: The Wrath of God Airplane! Alien Aliens Altered States Amadeus Amelie American Beauty Animal House The Apartment Apocalypse Now Back to the Future Part 2 Ben-Hur The Big Lebowski Black Christmas Blade Runner The Blair Witch Project Boogie Nights The Boondock Saints Braveheart The Bridge on the River Kwai Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid Casablanca Children of Paradise Chinatown Cinema Paradiso Citizen Kane City Lights A Clockwork Orange Close Encounters of the Third Kind The Commitments Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon Cube Dark City Das Boot Dawn of the Dead Day of the Dead The Day the Earth Stood Still The Deer Hunter Do the Right Thing Doctor Zhivago Donnie Darko Double Indemnity Dr. Strangelove Duck Soup Dumbo E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial The Empire Strikes Back Event Horizon Fantasia Fargo La Femme Nikita Ferris Bueller's Day Off Fiddler on the Roof Fight Club A Fish Called Wanda Forrest Gump Freddy's Dead: The Final Nightmare Friday the 13th Part 6: Jason Lives Full Metal Jacket The General The Godfather The Godfather Part 2 The Gold Rush Gone with the Wind Goodfellas The Graduate Halloween Heavenly Creatures High Noon The Hitcher Home Alone The Importance of Being Earnest (2002) Inferno Jaws Kentucky Fried Movie L.A. Confidential The Last of the Mohicans (1992) Lawn Dogs Lawrence of Arabia Leaving Las Vegas Logan's Run Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring Lost Horizon The Magnificent Ambersons Magnolia The Maltese Falcon The Man in the Moon Manhattan Martin Miller's Crossing Modern Times Monty Python and the Holy Grail Moulin Rouge Mulholland Dr. My Man Godfrey Night of the Living Dead (1968) North by Northwest On the Waterfront Once Were Warriors One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest Paths of Glory Patton Platoon Poltergeist Prince of Darkness The Princess Bride The Professional Queen Margot Photographing Fairies Planes, Trains and Automobiles Psycho Pulp Fiction Raging Bull Raiders of the Lost Ark Rear Window Requiem for a Dream The Road Warrior Robocop A Room with a View Rosemary's Baby Rushmore Saving Private Ryan Scarecrows Schindler's List The Searchers Seven Seven Samurai The Seventh Seal The Shawshank Redemption Silence of the Lambs Singin' in the Rain Solaris (1971) Some Like It Hot Star Wars Sullivan's Travels Sunrise Sunset Boulevard Taxi Driver The Thing (1982) The Third Man This is Spinal Tap Three Colors: Red The Three Musketeers (1973) The Time Machine (1960) To Kill a Mockingbird To Live and Die in L.A. Toy Story The Treasure of the Sierra Madre Unforgiven Vertigo The Wicker Man Wings of Desire The Wizard of Oz Young Frankenstein Draft order goes DOWN on the odd rounds and UP on the even rounds. I'll keep a roster for each player once we get through the second round. --- I've been itchin' to try out some new kind of game, and I was reminded of an old one I've seen at a few other message board communities. Tournaments are all good fun, but why not try a Movie Draft?? Here's how it'll work. Step 1. You say "I'd like to participate". The draft order will run on a first-come first-served basis. (Since this is my first draft, let's limit the participants to 16, including me.) So the first 16 who'd like to play are in; anyone left out is guaranteed a spot in Vol. 2. Step 2. Once the 16 participants are finalized, the person with the first pick chooses a movie. (Their all-time favorite, a personal underdog, etc.) Then #2 makes their pick, and so on. Obviously a movie cannot be owned by two people, so keep that in mind. Step 3. This continues for ten rounds. The drafting ends when each player has ten movies. It's at this point that I will institute some form of tournaments, inlcuding (but not limited to) 'Which player has the best overall list?' --I'm open to suggestions and alterations as the 16 participants sign up. (I'll be picking at #16 since that seems only fair.) I'm sure I forgot something important, so ask any questions you may have. Consider the Entry Portion started. First fifteen are in!

#2 of 918 OFFLINE   Rain

Rain

Producer

• 5,020 posts

Posted October 24 2002 - 12:42 PM

I'm in. Posted Image
"Imagine all the people, living life in peace..." - Imagine by John Lennon

#3 of 918 OFFLINE   Justin_S

Justin_S

Producer

• 3,577 posts

Posted October 24 2002 - 12:47 PM

I'm in too.

#4 of 918 OFFLINE   Matt Stone

Matt Stone

Lead Actor

• 9,070 posts

Posted October 24 2002 - 12:48 PM

I'm in too!
In Heaven, everything is fine.
[ 2006 Films | 2005 Films | 2004 Films | 2003 Films | YMDB Top 20 ]
[ Star Wars | Sideshow | HT | DVDs | LDs | AIM: Maulrat87 ]

#5 of 918 OFFLINE   Steeve Bergeron

Steeve Bergeron

Screenwriter

• 2,541 posts

Posted October 24 2002 - 12:52 PM

Ditto that!

#6 of 918 OFFLINE   Evan Case

Evan Case

Screenwriter

• 1,113 posts

Posted October 24 2002 - 12:52 PM

Might as well chalk me up.

It's not as though I have a massive paper to write and friends coming up for the weekend and two major sporting contests to go to.

Oh, wait...

Ah, what the hell, chalk me up anyway. Posted Image

Evan
"               " - Buster Keaton
S&S (1992 & 2002), The 1930s : Finished! S&S Club : 311 seen (Recent: Bigger Than Life)
AFI Challenge Stars: 36 left, Songs: 11 left, Passions: 2 left, Cheers: 4 left, Quotes: 2 left, Top Tens: 1 left; (Most Recent: Camille [Passions, Stars]) 

#7 of 918 OFFLINE   Andrew_Sch

Andrew_Sch

Screenwriter

• 2,156 posts

Posted October 24 2002 - 01:04 PM

I'm in, as long as the draft isn't this weekend.
"Old theatres are irreplaceable. They could never be duplicated at today's costs - but more importantly, their spirit could not be duplicated because they remind us of a day when going to the show was a more glorious and escapist experience. I think a town's old theatres are the sanctuary of...

#8 of 918 OFFLINE   JohnRice

JohnRice

Lead Actor

• 8,642 posts

Posted October 24 2002 - 01:05 PM

I'm in!

The Hybrid System

The Music Part: Emotiva XSP-1, Thiel CS 3.6, Emotiva XPA-2, Marantz SA8004, Emotiva ERC-3, SVS PB-12 Plus 2

The Surround Part: Sherbourn PT-7030, Thiel SCS3, Emotiva XPA-5, Polk & Emotiva Surrounds.

#9 of 918 OFFLINE   Andy Olivera

Andy Olivera

Screenwriter

• 1,302 posts

Posted October 24 2002 - 01:11 PM

Count me in...
"It is not, and never should be, the policy of the law to require the protection of the foolhardy or reckless few and therefore to deprive, or interfere with, the enjoyment by the remainder of society of the liberties and amenities to which they are rightly entitled." -unknown

#10 of 918 OFFLINE   Elizabeth S

Elizabeth S

Producer

• 4,547 posts

Posted October 24 2002 - 01:17 PM

I'm in. Posted Image

#11 of 918 OFFLINE   Matt Pelham

Matt Pelham

Screenwriter

• 1,711 posts

Posted October 24 2002 - 01:20 PM

Let's do it, I'm in.

#12 of 918 OFFLINE   Jan H

Jan H

Screenwriter

• 2,010 posts

Posted October 24 2002 - 01:35 PM

Good idea, Scott! Posted Image Count me in.

#13 of 918 OFFLINE   Brian Kissinger

Brian Kissinger

Screenwriter

• 1,083 posts

Posted October 24 2002 - 01:49 PM

Is there free beer and strippers? If so I'm WAY in, if not, I'm just in.
"DO NOT float above me while I'm dying in the abyss!"

#14 of 918 OFFLINE   george kaplan

george kaplan

Executive Producer

• 13,064 posts

Posted October 24 2002 - 01:55 PM

I'm in.
"Movies should be like amusement parks. People should go to them to have fun." - Billy Wilder

"Subtitles good. Hollywood bad." - Tarzan, Sight & Sound 2012 voter.

"My films are not slices of life, they are pieces of cake." - Alfred Hitchcock"My great humility is just one of the many reasons that I...

#15 of 918 OFFLINE   Rich Romero

Rich Romero

Supporting Actor

• 731 posts

Posted October 24 2002 - 01:57 PM

I'm in. Posted Image
My DVD's "There's no love in fear." - Maynard James Keenan

#16 of 918 OFFLINE   george kaplan

george kaplan

Executive Producer

• 13,064 posts

Posted October 24 2002 - 02:01 PM

A couple of thoughts Scott.

First, you might want to vary the order. 1 to 16 and then 16 to 1 and then 1 to 16. Or not. But doing it 1 to 16 every round gives #1 a real strong advantage, and it's not like the draft order was based on having the worst possible team to begin with. Posted Image

Second, I can see this thing dragging on really long, having to wait for people to make their next choice. You might want to set up some sort of (reasonable) time limits, or else have people email you their top 3 choices so you could post them as they come. Hell, we're all going to have to select a number of movies anyway, I'm not sure it would be that hard to do in advance.

Please feel free to use, modify or completely discard any of those ideas. Posted Image
"Movies should be like amusement parks. People should go to them to have fun." - Billy Wilder

"Subtitles good. Hollywood bad." - Tarzan, Sight & Sound 2012 voter.

"My films are not slices of life, they are pieces of cake." - Alfred Hitchcock"My great humility is just one of the many reasons that I...

#17 of 918 OFFLINE   Andrew_Sch

Andrew_Sch

Screenwriter

• 2,156 posts

Posted October 24 2002 - 02:03 PM

Yeah, we should definitely do it fantasy sports draft style. But being the fantasy freak he is, I'm sure Scott already though of that.Posted Image
"Old theatres are irreplaceable. They could never be duplicated at today's costs - but more importantly, their spirit could not be duplicated because they remind us of a day when going to the show was a more glorious and escapist experience. I think a town's old theatres are the sanctuary of...

#18 of 918 OFFLINE   SteveGon

SteveGon

Executive Producer

• 12,267 posts

Posted October 24 2002 - 02:09 PM

Agh! Looks like I was just a wee bit too late - George was your sixteenth. Posted Image

#19 of 918 OFFLINE   Alex Spindler

Alex Spindler

Producer

• 3,973 posts

Posted October 24 2002 - 02:14 PM

Curse my metal body! I wasn't fast enough. Count me in for the next round!

#20 of 918 OFFLINE   Rich Romero

Rich Romero

Supporting Actor

• 731 posts

Posted October 24 2002 - 02:15 PM

Hey Steve, there's one more slot open! Better take it before somebody else does.
My DVD's "There's no love in fear." - Maynard James Keenan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users