Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

*** Official "JACKASS: THE MOVIE" Discussion Thread

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#1 of 58 OFFLINE   Dean DeMass

Dean DeMass

Screenwriter

• 1,829 posts

Posted October 22 2002 - 06:21 AM

Only a few days to go until this Oscar Contender is released. Posted Image

I know people here have to be pumped for this. Johnny Knoxville was on Howard last Friday and they were talking about some of the bits in the film, and it sounds funny as hell. Howard then got an advance screening of Jackass during the weekend and he said that it is hilarious (which I know it will be). Now, call me what you want, but next to The Two Towers, this is my most anticipated movie for the rest of the year.

Now lets go rent some golf carts. Posted Image

-Dean-

#2 of 58 OFFLINE   PeteD

PeteD

Stunt Coordinator

• 112 posts

Posted October 22 2002 - 09:22 AM

I'm with you! I've been for this since last spring.. Unless you subscribe to MTV Canada, you can't get Jackass up here so I've arranged a field trip with all my "stupid little buddies" to go see it.

They have no idea what they're in for.

Bobbing for Jelly fish indeed.

Can't wait.
Wow! Look at that! -Breach hull, all die!- Even had it underlined!
- Crow T. Robot

#3 of 58 OFFLINE   Garrett Lundy

Garrett Lundy

Producer

• 3,764 posts

Posted October 22 2002 - 10:58 AM

Theres going to be nothing in a MPAA-sanctioned film that Steve-O's The Career Ender probably won't out-Jackass
"Did you know that more people are murdered at 92 degrees Fahrenheit than any other temperature? I read an article once. Lower temperatures, people are easy-going, over 92 and it's too hot to move, but just 92, people get irritable."

#4 of 58 OFFLINE   Mike St.Louis

Mike St.Louis

Supporting Actor

• 523 posts

Posted October 22 2002 - 02:28 PM

I'm Johnny Knoxville. Welcome to Jackass.

I'm so there...

#5 of 58 OFFLINE   Damin J Toell

Damin J Toell

Producer

• 3,761 posts

Posted October 22 2002 - 04:55 PM

It should be called Three Years Late: The Movie. Is 'Jackass' still really that popular such that it warrants a feature release?

DJ

#6 of 58 OFFLINE   Jason Quillen

Jason Quillen

Supporting Actor

• 623 posts

Posted October 22 2002 - 05:06 PM

Hell yeah, I'll be there, with all my roommates. Should be a riot.
JQ

#7 of 58 OFFLINE   Seth Paxton

Seth Paxton

Lead Actor

• 7,588 posts

Posted October 22 2002 - 05:13 PM

On paper it sounded stupid...then my fiancee and I saw the trailer. If it had HER laughing (and it did) then it could be on to something. Needless to say we are now interested in seeing it.

#8 of 58 OFFLINE   JeremySt

JeremySt

Screenwriter

• 1,775 posts

Posted October 22 2002 - 05:45 PM

It should be called Three Years Late: The Movie

The show quit producing episodes only last year. Sheesh!

Im going.

#9 of 58 OFFLINE   Rob Lutter

Rob Lutter

Producer

• 4,528 posts

Posted October 22 2002 - 05:55 PM

I am going to be at the first showing on Friday (not kidding) Posted Image

#10 of 58 OFFLINE   Jason Whyte

Jason Whyte

Screenwriter

• 1,442 posts

Posted October 22 2002 - 07:51 PM

Gee, well, I'm considering seeing it. You guys know me and my picky moviegoing habits. Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

I'll offical this thread on thursday.

Jason
Buy National Treasure on DVD today..."The best movie I saw on Saturday night from 7pm to 9:30. The DTS track is freakin' awesome!" --Multiplex Drone

#11 of 58 OFFLINE   BrianKM

BrianKM

Stunt Coordinator

• 106 posts

Posted October 22 2002 - 10:01 PM

I work with this movie's targeted demographic - teenage boys. If they're an accurate indicator of their peers across the country, I'm predicting that this movie is gonna be HUGE (especially considering it only cost five million to make).

Hopefully, MTV will recognize the cash cow they have on their hands and release the TV series on DVD.

#12 of 58 OFFLINE   Dean DeMass

Dean DeMass

Screenwriter

• 1,829 posts

Posted October 23 2002 - 01:29 AM

Quote:
Hopefully, MTV will recognize the cash cow they have on their hands and release the TV series on DVD.

Ask and you shall receive. Posted Image
Jackass 2-Pack (Volume 2 & 3)

-Dean-

#13 of 58 OFFLINE   Darren Davis

Darren Davis

Stunt Coordinator

• 248 posts

Posted October 23 2002 - 12:51 PM

Dean, thanks for the link. It's now on my wishlist!

I can't wait for this movie. Golf carts, javelins, and the Jackass gang all in 1.85:1 glory? We're there, dude!

The Party Boy bit they've shown a bit has been cracking me up.

#14 of 58 OFFLINE   Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford

• 25,435 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted October 23 2002 - 06:38 PM

This thread is now designated the Official Discussion Thread for "Jackass: The Movie". Please, post all comments, links to outside reviews, film and box office discussion items to this thread.

All HTF member film reviews of "Jackass: The Movie" should be posted to the Official Review Thread.

Thank you for your consideration in this matter.

Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy

Blu-ray Preorder Listing

#15 of 58 OFFLINE   ChadM

ChadM

Stunt Coordinator

• 234 posts

Posted October 24 2002 - 02:08 AM

Count me and my brother as seeing this tommorrow!

#16 of 58 OFFLINE   Mark McLeod

Mark McLeod

Second Unit

• 452 posts

Posted October 24 2002 - 06:03 AM

Never seen the show. The clips my friend showed me looked pretty stupid but since there's no other advance screenings of stuff tonight. I'm going to go see this "movie".

I expect to hate it.

M.
Mark McLeod
Staff Reviewer - CanadaMovies.net / MovieContests.com

#17 of 58 OFFLINE   Martin Fontaine

Martin Fontaine

Supporting Actor

• 628 posts

Posted October 24 2002 - 02:39 PM

Now lets just hope the DVD won't suffer from the "Duck-Tape Forever Syndrome"...

"We think the movie will appeal to fans of the TV show and they want fullscreen so no point in doing a widescreen version." (Or something like that) but I still say No OAR = No Sale! if they do that, they should lay off that Jackass (Pun intended) who made that stupid decision.

I'm gonna see this one, never saw the show but heard about it, saw the trailer and that looks like the kind of stuff I like sometimes... Pointless jokes, but who cares, as long as it's funny!
My DVDs | My Equipment
No OAR = No Sale!
If you don't want black bars, then you don't want DVD!

#18 of 58 OFFLINE   Dean DeMass

Dean DeMass

Screenwriter

• 1,829 posts

Posted October 25 2002 - 12:13 AM

Martin,

Jackass is shot on DV camcorders, so most likely it will be 1.33:1. Johnny Knoxville said they didn't use film for the movie either, they shot it the same way they shot the TV show. They might matte it at 1.85:1 though for theaters.

-Dean-

#19 of 58 OFFLINE   Benson R

Benson R

Supporting Actor

• 741 posts

Posted October 25 2002 - 01:46 AM

Was Jackass not screened for critics? I went to go search for reviews from the major critics but didn't find any. Its not that I need Ebert's seal of approval to go see it I was just interested in what the reaction from critics would be.
XBL Gamertag: PVT Hicks

#20 of 58 OFFLINE   Mark McLeod

Mark McLeod

Second Unit

• 452 posts

Posted October 25 2002 - 04:42 AM

I'm not sure if it screened for the major critics but I was at an advance screening (for the public and some critics) last night.

Having never seen the show I didn't know what to expect but it was pretty damn funny. Some stuff went a little over my line of comfort. There where instances where I had to look away but all in all it's funny.

Now as a movie. It's not a movie. There's no plot, there's no acting. It's simply a bunch of unrelated stunts.

As for how the film was shot. Looked like DV to me and they had some shots of the camera guy and he was holding what appeared to be a Mini-DV camera. Image quality isn't bad but it's not film. The opening and closing sequences may have been shot on film.

Here's a hint. Stay through the entire credits because not only are their outtakes in the credits but there is a final scene at the end.

Mark
Mark McLeod
Staff Reviewer - CanadaMovies.net / MovieContests.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users