What's new

*** Official "JACKASS: THE MOVIE" Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Dean DeMass

Screenwriter
Only a few days to go until this Oscar Contender is released. :)
I know people here have to be pumped for this. Johnny Knoxville was on Howard last Friday and they were talking about some of the bits in the film, and it sounds funny as hell. Howard then got an advance screening of Jackass during the weekend and he said that it is hilarious (which I know it will be). Now, call me what you want, but next to The Two Towers, this is my most anticipated movie for the rest of the year.
Now lets go rent some golf carts. :)
-Dean-

PeteD

Stunt Coordinator
I'm with you! I've been for this since last spring.. Unless you subscribe to MTV Canada, you can't get Jackass up here so I've arranged a field trip with all my "stupid little buddies" to go see it.

They have no idea what they're in for.

Bobbing for Jelly fish indeed.

Can't wait.

Garrett Lundy

Senior HTF Member
Theres going to be nothing in a MPAA-sanctioned film that Steve-O's The Career Ender probably won't out-Jackass

Damin J Toell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Damin J. Toell
It should be called Three Years Late: The Movie. Is 'Jackass' still really that popular such that it warrants a feature release?
DJ

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
On paper it sounded stupid...then my fiancee and I saw the trailer. If it had HER laughing (and it did) then it could be on to something. Needless to say we are now interested in seeing it.

Jason Whyte

Screenwriter
Gee, well, I'm considering seeing it. You guys know me and my picky moviegoing habits. ;) ;) ;)
I'll offical this thread on thursday.
Jason

BrianKM

Stunt Coordinator
I work with this movie's targeted demographic - teenage boys. If they're an accurate indicator of their peers across the country, I'm predicting that this movie is gonna be HUGE (especially considering it only cost five million to make).

Hopefully, MTV will recognize the cash cow they have on their hands and release the TV series on DVD.

Darren Davis

Stunt Coordinator
Dean, thanks for the link. It's now on my wishlist!

I can't wait for this movie. Golf carts, javelins, and the Jackass gang all in 1.85:1 glory? We're there, dude!

The Party Boy bit they've shown a bit has been cracking me up.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
This thread is now designated the Official Discussion Thread for "Jackass: The Movie". Please, post all comments, links to outside reviews, film and box office discussion items to this thread.
All HTF member film reviews of "Jackass: The Movie" should be posted to the Official Review Thread.
Thank you for your consideration in this matter.
Crawdaddy

Mark McLeod

Second Unit
Never seen the show. The clips my friend showed me looked pretty stupid but since there's no other advance screenings of stuff tonight. I'm going to go see this "movie".

I expect to hate it.

M.

Martin Fontaine

Supporting Actor
Now lets just hope the DVD won't suffer from the "Duck-Tape Forever Syndrome"...
"We think the movie will appeal to fans of the TV show and they want fullscreen so no point in doing a widescreen version." (Or something like that) but I still say No OAR = No Sale! if they do that, they should lay off that Jackass (Pun intended) who made that stupid decision.
I'm gonna see this one, never saw the show but heard about it, saw the trailer and that looks like the kind of stuff I like sometimes... Pointless jokes, but who cares, as long as it's funny!

Dean DeMass

Screenwriter
Martin,

Jackass is shot on DV camcorders, so most likely it will be 1.33:1. Johnny Knoxville said they didn't use film for the movie either, they shot it the same way they shot the TV show. They might matte it at 1.85:1 though for theaters.

-Dean-

Benson R

Supporting Actor
Was Jackass not screened for critics? I went to go search for reviews from the major critics but didn't find any. Its not that I need Ebert's seal of approval to go see it I was just interested in what the reaction from critics would be.

Mark McLeod

Second Unit
I'm not sure if it screened for the major critics but I was at an advance screening (for the public and some critics) last night.

Having never seen the show I didn't know what to expect but it was pretty damn funny. Some stuff went a little over my line of comfort. There where instances where I had to look away but all in all it's funny.

Now as a movie. It's not a movie. There's no plot, there's no acting. It's simply a bunch of unrelated stunts.

As for how the film was shot. Looked like DV to me and they had some shots of the camera guy and he was holding what appeared to be a Mini-DV camera. Image quality isn't bad but it's not film. The opening and closing sequences may have been shot on film.

Here's a hint. Stay through the entire credits because not only are their outtakes in the credits but there is a final scene at the end.

Mark

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks