What's new

Need people to chime in on the UNFORGIVEN :SE? (1 Viewer)

David Coleman

Supporting Actor
I remember renting the original disc when it first came out and being totally "un-impresed" with it! The picture was so soft, I thought i was looking at VHS! Haven't seen the new version but wondering what's peoples thought are of the new version? I know it's an improvement a/v wise but just how much of an improvement? Please let me know?

David

Luis S

Supporting Actor
Hey funny you should ask,I just watched it last night!Its a real improvement over the old one picture wise.Nice,sharp,clean presentation.Audio was never a big deal to me for this movie.But what is there in terms of sound is very impressive,rain and gunfire make good use of surround channels,and the lfe pops up when neccesary.Overall definately worth upgradeing if you own the old one.Hope this helps,try rons review,he sums it up pretty well also.

Luis S

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, the transfer is very clean and clear. It still looks a little bit soft at times, but that may very well be the source material. Overall, you'll be very happy.

Jonathan Perregaux

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jonathan Perregaux
Yes, the transfer looks quite nice compared to the old one... but there is noticable edge enhancement. You can ignore it as long as you don't stare at scenes that take place against blue skies or have lots of trees... whoops. That's most of the movie!

I wish studios would put a piece of tape that reads "NO!" over their edge enhancement buttons. It can really ruin the appearance of a film.

Sean Oneil

Supporting Actor
...edge enhancment buttons?? -lol

The new transfer looks great. If you are a fan of the film, upgrade.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks