What's new

Original Metroid on Metroid Prime? (1 Viewer)

Jeffrey Forner

Screenwriter
So, basically you get a free copy of the original Metroid with your copy of Metroid Prime? That's cool. But it ain't really Metroid without that old NES controller in my hands. It just doesn't feel quite the same.

Nonetheless, this will give younger gamers a chance to see what all the fuss is about. I wonder if the game will still hold its charms over the younger crowd or if they'll scoff at the graphics and simpler gameplay mechanics. Let's hope not, because they'd be missing out on one important game.

CameronS

Supporting Actor
It's funny how I used to be worried about this game. I think it was around a year ago when Nintendo scrapped everything else Retro was working on, and the speculation was that Prime was not going as well as hoped.
Now it's looking like Metroid Prime will be the game of the year. :emoji_thumbsup:

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
Thats really damn cool....now if only they hid Metroid 2 and Super Metroid on there too!

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
Don't tell me this is a 1st person shooter. It might be interesting if it was the same side-scrolling 2D type we all loved from the old days of NES, but if it is a 3D/1st person game I'm gonna have to pass it up.

CameronS

Supporting Actor
Clinton,

You'll have to check out Metroid Fusion for the Game Boy Advance. I don't play much of my GBA, but Fusion will be getting some of my play time in the near future.

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
It's funny how I used to be worried about this game. I think it was around a year ago when Nintendo scrapped everything else Retro was working on, and the speculation was that Prime was not going as well as hoped.
Ravensblade, and by all accounts, Prime wasn't going as well as hoped at that point.

Jean-Michel

Supporting Actor
Don't tell me this is a 1st person shooter. It might be interesting if it was the same side-scrolling 2D type we all loved from the old days of NES, but if it is a 3D/1st person game I'm gonna have to pass it up.
No offense or anything, but where have you been? :D

VinT

Agent
Is this what the "awsome" secret bonus with the link up cable is? I was hoping for something more but I wouldn't mind playing the original Metroid again.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Maybe they're including Metroid in the GBA game and the GCN game and you have to collect it in the GCN game to unlock it in the GBA game? Or maybe you unlock Super Metroid in the GBA game?

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint

Playing PS2 games and living in between work and my HT. :wink: In all honsety, this was the first news I've heard of a new Metriod game, but I've been pretty much out of the loop on anything Nintendo since I was so disappointed with the N64.

It's too bad it is a 1st person. I absolutely hate the 1st person feel of games. It's not like they are poorly designed or anything, but something just doesn't feel quite right in the controls of any FPS I've ever played. Maybe it's because you're trying to create a 3-D environment with no peripheral vision and you seem to be looking through a pipe, I dunno.

PouyaG

Agent
Going on a bit of what Morgan said, I think I may have an idea how it may work. In the recent EGM, they quote a Nintendo employee as saying that the result of the Metroid GC-GBA connection will be "amazing". EGM didn't examine it much, saying only that it may be an extra suit. If this story is indeed true, I'm going to guess that in order to unlock the 8-bit Metroid, you'll NEED the GBA Metroid game in conjunction with the GC game. Whether it's on the GBA game or the GC game, I dunno :)
We'll see ;)

Oscar_R

Second Unit
Well sit down little Timmy! Get yo’ sorry ass back on that short bus, and don’t forget to strap on your clown shoes. How does 30-40 hours for the above-average gamer sound?

Excuse me while I do a little dance
30-40 hours worth of gameplay ?

horray!

that's almost as long as a Square RPG

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks