What's new

DVDFILE has their Spider-Man review up. (1 Viewer)

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
Oh well, whether it is reference or not, this is so mine Nov 1st! I love this movie. I know my mother will want it because she thinks I look and act so much like Tobey Maguire in this film. She even has my girlfriend seeing it now too.

Terrell

Senior HTF Member
That is a surprising video rating. Up until now, I had heard great things about the video and audio. Whatever is the truth, I'll buy it for certain.

Terrell

Senior HTF Member
I haven't seen it, but if the AOTC transfer is anywhere close to being as good as they rave about it being, I can't even begin to imagine how good it will look. Although, they probably should review the transfer on it's own rather than comparing.

Steven Simon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steven Simon
I viewed the Spiderman DVD at Sony 4 weeks back, and saw little to no film grain on this transfer at all. I respect Peter Bracke's reviews very much, but I didn't see anything of what he is speaking of on the video transfer..... This anamorphic WS dvd looked like most of all the other top benchmark Columbia video presentations.... PERFECT!!

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
I will be looking forward to this, even though the review is mixed. I admit it is surprising, expecially the audio review. You would expect bombastic surround action.

Terrell

Senior HTF Member
I heard great things about this DVD as well Neil. That's why I was so surprised by Peter's review. But you know Peter is usually very though and demanding in his reviews. Maybe he looked too hard to find something wrong.

Joel C

Screenwriter
I can confirm some of Peter's comments. Though I'm miffed, as I was told no reviews could be posted until street date.

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
This is Columbia/Tri star home video. We can expect a superbit in like 6 months. Then a Superbit Deluxe....then....

Ned

Supporting Actor
Hmm, I wonder why the video quality isn't quite up to par.

Could it be, SUPERBIT!? (/churchlady)

If they made the video too good, that would make the later Superbit release pointless. We certainly wouldn't want to depraive them of their double-dip. Personally, I'll be renting now and buying the SB later.

Luis S

Supporting Actor
Doesnt help that he seemed to have something against the movie to begin with.Not that it matters,way I see it ,if I loved a movie in the theater the dvd is already sold :D Hmmm,maybe they left it less than spectacular so that there is a noticable improvement when the sure to be released SB comes out :confused: What do you guys think? Would they stoop so low? :angry: Nothing would surprise me these days....
Luis S

Wes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Wes Peterson
Is it just me, I am really getting tired of reading reviews that post 4:3 screen captures on the review. If I wanted to see 4:3 screen captures I would be buying the Pan&scan release which I do not!

I loved what I saw and heard in the theater of Spidy Man so I think the DVD will not disappoint me!

Wes

Damin J Toell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Damin J. Toell
Is it just me, I am really getting tired of reading reviews that post 4:3 screen captures on the review. If I wanted to see 4:3 screen captures I would be buying the Pan&scan release which I do not!
They're not necessarily screencaps. DVDFile often uses promotional images provided by the studios. They're not stated as representing what the DVD looks like, and they're pretty darn small such that their utility as a reference for the quality of the DVD is non-existant anyway, so I'm not sure why you find them so bothersome.

DJ

Bruce Hedtke

Senior HTF Member
I'm not worried. Perhaps I'm not the most anal person, but so many times I've heard a reviewer talk about how poor a transfer was or how it didn't live up and yet, I don't see what they see. I also agree that this film and DVD should be judged on its own merits, not against AOTC or LOTR. Different film, different techniques...it's all going to make the DVD's different. That doesn't mean bad or worse, just different.

Bruce

Wes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Wes Peterson
so I'm not sure why you find them so bothersome.
For the same reason I hate watching a movie in Pan&Scan I suppose!

I said nothing about the quality of the shot, although if Ron can give us great ScreenShots then why can others move up to the quality of reviews.

Just frustrated!

Wes

Damin J Toell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Damin J. Toell
For the same reason I hate watching a movie in Pan&Scan I suppose!
What does one have to do with the other? DVDFile is posting promotional images provided by the studio for the purpose of making the review presumably a little more pleasing on the eyes. This has nothing to do whatsoever with watching the film in its proper AR. Do movie posters not in the same AR as the film itself bother you, too?

DJ

Haden

Supporting Actor
So this DVD doesn't have a single deleted scene on it? I find it hard to believe that nothing was cut out of this movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks