What's new

No Advanced Babylon 5 Reviews? (1 Viewer)

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
The U.K. release was pushed back from today (October 14) until the 28th. No change in the R1 release date as far as I know. Either way we're two weeks from the U.K. street date and only three from the U.S./Canada date, and I haven't seen a single reivew, either. Somebody must have a copy of this thing by now. :)
Regards,
Joe

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
I ordered the box set fromAmazon.ca I'm hoping it's the same release as the US version

Andy_Bu

Supporting Actor
I want my B5
I want my B5
I want my B5
I want my B5
I want my B5
I want my B5
I want my B5
I want my B5
I want my B5
I want my B5
I want my B5
I want my B5
I want my B5
I want my B5
I want my B5
I want my B5
I want my B5
I want my B5

Andy

Andy_Bu

Supporting Actor
C'mon, Andy. Tell us how you really feel.
I still remember signing my first B5 on DVD petition... It must have been more than 3 years ago...

I can't believe how close it is finally coming...

It will be like visiting with old friends all over again.

Andy

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
The region 2 Babylon 5 box set is only £33.99 inc postage from Play.com.
A bargain and a must buy for a Babylonie like me.;)
The release date for the R2 is 28/10/02, 10/28/02 if you're American
or 67493.1 if you're Minbari.
Hopefully the rest of them will be released in the next few months [drooling].

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
ST:TNG said:
I sent my first letter to Warner Home Video urging them to release B5 on DVD in the autumn of 1997, shortly after I bought my first DVD player. It has sometimes seemed like they'd never release the series. A part of me still won't believe it until I hold that first season set in my hot little hands. But it's been worth the wait, since they're doing it right, full season sets, in widescreen, remixed in DD 5.1 and with plenty of extras (including those JMS commentary tracks. Too bad he didn't have time to do more.) This certainly beats their original plan back in 1999 to issue the series in 4:3 with no extras and on individual 2-episode discs ala ST:TOS 1999. :) (I credit Niall Young's on-line widescreen DVD petition, and especially the letters it generated, with scuttling this awful idea, one of the few times I think such a petition had any real effect on a studio decision. Of course, that was back in the days before there was a petition for everything and the studios started pretty much ignoring them entirely.)
Regards,
Joe

PhilipG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
PhilipG
Unfortunately Warner Bros. tentative release schedule for the series (as mentioned months ago by JMS) is more like Fox's for X-Files than Paramount's for the various Treks
IMHO this is a very good thing. The Trek sets are being rushed out, and have (so far) no commentary tracks to speak of. At least with a slower release schedule we may get some more thoughtful extras. And I won't go bankrupt next year, either. ;)

DonRoeber

Screenwriter
As long as they keep a schedule like the X-Files, I'm happy. Please don't fall into the Simpsons trap.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I would prefer a set every month. ;) But, I know that is not going to happen. So I would be happy with a set every 3-4 months, instead of every 6 months.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
The Trek sets are being rushed out, and have (so far) no commentary tracks to speak of.
The Trek sets aren't being rushed out. If there aren't any commentaries, that's because somebody decided there shouldn't be. They started working the Trek release over a year ago. Because they had no doubt about making their money back, Paramount was willing to spend big bucks up front, virtually completing work on the entire 7 season run before the first season of TNG ever went on sale. It isn't like they're actually creating a full season DVD set every other month from scratch. They've done the same with DS9. Warner Bros. isn't as sure of B5, so they don't already have S2 and S3 mastered and ready to go.
Regards,
Joe

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
Hmmm...
Two weeks out, less than a week from the R2 release, and still nothing? Isn't Warner Bros. sending out review copies? :frowning:
Regards,
Joe

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
People have already started receiving their copies in the U.K. (street date is Monday October 28th) but few comments and no formal reviews have been forthcoming. *sigh*

Regards,

Joe

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks