What's new

Merged Thread: Predator 2 2/4/03 (1 Viewer)

Rich Romero

Supporting Actor
I don't think anyone knows. I really like this film and think all the bad reviews were unjustified. I love Stephen Hopkins' style. You can see it fully in A Nightmare On Elm Street 5: The Dream Child.

Andy Olivera

Screenwriter
I love Stephen Hopkins' style. You can see it fully in A Nightmare On Elm Street 5: The Dream Child.
I'm not alone!!! I thought I was the only one who noticed Stephen Hopkins had some talent.
Note to all film buffs: If the only Hopkins film you've seen is Lost In Space you should check out Blown Away, The Ghost And The Darkness, Judgement Night and Predator 2. His films may not be great, but they're never less than entertaining. IMO, though, Blown Away and The Ghost And The Darkness do qualify as great...
BTW, I purposefully left out The Dream Child because I've come to the conclusion that defending it, especially against the more rabid NOES fans, is a futile effort...

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
I'm waiting for this one, too! You know, I think I like Predator 2 better than its predecessor.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Gee, and I thought I was the only person who liked "Nightmare 5"? Vastly underrated within the series, IMO. :) I also like most of Hopkins' other films and would love a DVD of "Predator 2."

James Reader

Screenwriter
Wasn't Hopkins one of the prime creators of '24' and the director of a number of episodes too?

BTW - you don't want the R2 version. I believe it has been cut to ribbons.

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
Ghost and the Darkness is great. Could use another transfer, but I don't think Paramount does that.

Tim_Prasuhn

Stunt Coordinator
Hopkins did indeed direct a good number of the 24 episodes, but the show was created by Joel Surnow and Robert Cochran.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Count me in as a supporter of 'Elm St 5', it's not the best of the series, but a solid movie nontheless. I also love Judgment Night, one of my favorite cat and mouse chase films actually.
Now, I also want Predator 2! I watched it on AMC the other day and really missed it. What's the hold up with it anyway!? I mean logic would suggest that it come out along with the original, so I don't get it.
As for that big SE of the original that R2 has, well I just um...don't....uh..underst...why, ah hell, never mind...(bangs head on desk numerous times)

ErichH

Screenwriter
I suppose there's some reason for us not having an R1 of Pred2, but then it's not the same reason we have Superbit releases of STINKERS like Anaconda and ResEvil. Or is it?
I get confused with the powers that be these days.
Also makes me think of the trouble BELOW seems to be having.
They just don't know what we like.

Eric

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
I don't use caffeine. Too bad you disagree with my method of emphasizing words or phrases.

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the clarification Mr. Reader. That does, of course, make a difference.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I see two people that are about to be
permanantly removed from this forum.

You will stop this bickering NOW! I mean it!

Jay E

Senior HTF Member
Just wanted to let everyone know that Fox is releasing Predator 2 on February 4th for $14.95.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks