Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Ghostbusters tv show dvd?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 of 9 OFFLINE   jacob w k

jacob w k

Stunt Coordinator

• 172 posts

Posted October 13 2002 - 07:54 AM

With every new show being released on it seems being released on dvd now has anyone heard of the old Ghostbusters cartoon being released on dvd. I would love to see those old shows and relive my childhood somewhat.
My dvds

#2 of 9 OFFLINE   Matt Stone

Matt Stone

Lead Actor

• 9,070 posts

Posted October 13 2002 - 08:05 AM

I'd probably buy it myself...it was a favorite on Saturday mornings when I was a kid.
In Heaven, everything is fine.
[ 2006 Films | 2005 Films | 2004 Films | 2003 Films | YMDB Top 20 ]
[ Star Wars | Sideshow | HT | DVDs | LDs | AIM: Maulrat87 ]

#3 of 9 OFFLINE   Todd Terwilliger

Todd Terwilliger

Screenwriter

• 1,745 posts

Posted October 13 2002 - 08:10 AM

Don't you mean "The Real Ghostbusters"? Posted Image

I also used to love this cartoon. Let's hope it makes it to DVD.
This message ends with Todd.

Hey kid you got no class. Hit the bums, kid. Run like the devil. Get a tin can and take up mooching. Knock on back doors for a nickel.
Tell them your story. Make 'em weep. You could have been a meat-eater, kid. But you didn't listen to me when I laid it down.
Stay off...

#4 of 9 OFFLINE   Eugene Esterly

Eugene Esterly

Supporting Actor

• 822 posts

Posted October 13 2002 - 08:32 AM

I'd probably buy The Real Ghostbusters on DVD (I watch this show during the 1980's) but only if released on DVD in season-by-season format.

#5 of 9 OFFLINE   LukeB

LukeB

Screenwriter

• 2,179 posts

Posted October 13 2002 - 08:56 AM

I'd buy all of The Real Ghostbusters episodes on DVD, with no hesitation at all. Funny this thread pop up today, since this week I've been re-acquainting myself with episodes of the show, and I'm remembering how excellent it was. Many of the episodes were wonderfully written, and with pretty clever writing for a youth-oriented program. It's terrific, even watching them now. While it's a lot different from the movie, it's outstanding on its own, and one of my favorite cartoons from when I was younger. I'd love for Columbia/TriStar to release some DVDs, I'm sure these would sell better than many of the other animated shows of the 80s which have come to DVD.

#6 of 9 OFFLINE   Clinton McClure

Clinton McClure

Casual Enthusiast

• 2,856 posts
  • LocationCentral Arkansas

Posted October 13 2002 - 03:39 PM

The only episode which really sticks out with me is the one with the boogie man who moves in between childrens' bedrooms through their closets. I remember watching The Real Ghostbusters religiously every Saturday morning until Peter's voice changed and Slimer became a prominent Ghostbuster. I sorta lost interest then, but I'd love to see them all again.

#7 of 9 OFFLINE   Anthony Liz

Anthony Liz

Stunt Coordinator

• 170 posts

Posted October 13 2002 - 09:25 PM

[quote] I'd probably buy The Real Ghostbusters on DVD (I watch this show during the 1980's) but only if released on DVD in season-by-season format. [quote] I agree, but Season 2 might be one expensive set. Season 2 contained over 60 episodes, while the rest of the seasons contained anywhere from 10 to 20 episodes. Still, can't wait till the day I see this on my DVD shelf.
Faster Than a Speeding Laserdisc...
www.DVDtoons.com

#8 of 9 OFFLINE   jacob w k

jacob w k

Stunt Coordinator

• 172 posts

Posted October 14 2002 - 02:48 AM

60 epsiodes! That must have been a long season.
My dvds

#9 of 9 OFFLINE   LukeB

LukeB

Screenwriter

• 2,179 posts

Posted October 14 2002 - 08:14 AM

Yes, Season 2 was long - 65 episodes! Nearly half of the entire show aired that fall, when it was running daily.

Here's an episode guide: http://epguides.com/RealGhostbusters/

There were 140 episodes altogether, and while season sets might not be very convenient (Season 7 has 4 episodes, Season 4 has just 8)...they could just put together 4 box sets of 4 discs each, chronologically, and I'd be thrilled. Posted Image Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users