Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

What's a good reciever that...

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 OFFLINE   Patrick McCart

Patrick McCart

Lead Actor

• 7,480 posts
  • LocationAlpharetta, GA, USA

Posted August 02 2001 - 10:02 PM

What is a good reciever that has Dolby Digital 5.1 and DTS 5.1 along with plenty of outlets for speakers, DVD player, VCR, satellite, etc...and is less or around the $160 mark? I want to replace my Dolby Pro-Logic reciever so I can get DTS with my DVD player. I'd also like to finally hear my DD 5.1 DVD's in true 5.1 sound. (After all, I just bought new speakers!) ------------------ P.S.: There's no P.S.

#2 of 3 OFFLINE   John Garcia

John Garcia

Executive Producer

• 11,552 posts
  • LocationNorCal

Posted August 03 2001 - 06:28 AM

I picked up a Sony STR-DE475 for my bedroom for $159 at a local electronics store.

------------------
All progress is based upon a universal, inate desire on the part of every organism, to live beyond it's income.
ITRCA ** Honda/Acura Club ** Speedring (sorry, car guy)

HT: Emotiva UMC-200, Emotiva XPA-3, Carnegie Acoustics CSB-1s + CSC-1, GR Research A/V-1s, Epik Empire, Oppo BDP-105, PS4, PS3,URC R-50, APC-H10, Panamax 5100 Bluejeans Cable
System Two: Marantz PM7200, Pioneer FS52s, Panasonic BD79
(stolen) : Marantz SR-8300, GR Research A/V-2s, Sony SCD-222ES SACD, Panasonic BD-65, PS3 60G (250G)

Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it’ll spend its whole life believing that it is stupid.” – Albert Einstein

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   Jay Mitchosky

Jay Mitchosky

Producer

• 3,740 posts

Posted August 03 2001 - 09:05 AM

Patrick Because there are already some responses I'll leave this thread. Otherwise I would have deleted it outright because of the teaser-type header. Please be more descriptive in future posts. You'll be rewarded with more hits. With all the messages on this Forum I think many members skip the ambiguous ones. Thanks for your understanding. --Jay
"The computer had attained consciousness, only to reject it, claiming it was too unstable an operating system."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users