Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

What's a good reciever that...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 Patrick McCart

Patrick McCart

Lead Actor

• 7,456 posts
  • LocationBlairsville, GA, USA

Posted August 02 2001 - 06:02 PM

What is a good reciever that has Dolby Digital 5.1 and DTS 5.1 along with plenty of outlets for speakers, DVD player, VCR, satellite, etc...and is less or around the $160 mark?

I want to replace my Dolby Pro-Logic reciever so I can get DTS with my DVD player. I'd also like to finally hear my DD 5.1 DVD's in true 5.1 sound. (After all, I just bought new speakers!)

------------------
P.S.: There's no P.S.

#2 of 3 John Garcia

John Garcia

Executive Producer

• 11,523 posts
  • LocationNorCal

Posted August 03 2001 - 02:28 AM

I picked up a Sony STR-DE475 for my bedroom for $159 at a local electronics store.

------------------
All progress is based upon a universal, inate desire on the part of every organism, to live beyond it's income.
ITRCA ** Honda/Acura Club ** Speedring (sorry, car guy)

HT: Emotiva UMC-200, Emotiva XPA-3, Carnegie Acoustics CSB-1s + CSC-1, GR Research A/V-1s, Epik Empire, Oppo BDP-105, PS4, PS3,URC R-50, APC-H10, Panamax 5100 Bluejeans Cable
System Two: Marantz PM7200, Pioneer FS52s, Panasonic BD79
(stolen) : Marantz SR-8300, GR Research A/V-2s, Sony SCD-222ES SACD, Panasonic BD-65, PS3 60G (250G)

Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it’ll spend its whole life believing that it is stupid.” – Albert Einstein

#3 of 3 Jay Mitchosky

Jay Mitchosky

Producer

• 3,740 posts

Posted August 03 2001 - 05:05 AM

Patrick

Because there are already some responses I'll leave this thread. Otherwise I would have deleted it outright because of the teaser-type header. Please be more descriptive in future posts. You'll be rewarded with more hits. With all the messages on this Forum I think many members skip the ambiguous ones.

Thanks for your understanding.

--Jay
"The computer had attained consciousness, only to reject it, claiming it was too unstable an operating system."