Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Question about 24 - S1 (Spoilers)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 of 6 OFFLINE   Ryan Patterson

Ryan Patterson

Stunt Coordinator

• 105 posts

Posted October 10 2002 - 11:27 PM

Well I just watched the entire season of 24 for the first time thanks to DVD (over the course of 5 days... whew!) and I have one major question about one of the plot developments:

The baby that Terri was carrying... I was under the impression that it was the illegitimate child from Eli's rape. However, while listening to the commentary for the alternate ending, the producer hints that it may in fact have been Jack's son. I'm not good with advanced female biology so the talk at the hospital about cists and a swelling uterous left me confused. Were these caused by the rape, or were they a natural progression of a possible conception from Jack days or even weeks beforehand?

Obviously the true nature of the baby changes the meaning of the season's ending if it is in fact Jack's. It would mean that not one, but two family members were lost. While I was watching the finale (still under the impression that it was a rape-child), I was hoping that Nina would've shot Terri in the stomach so that the fetus would've aborted but Terri would survive. This could have been a good middle ground for an ending... better than the "too perfect" alternate ending on the DVD.

Thanks in advance for your views,
Ryan

#2 of 6 OFFLINE   Brett Jason

Brett Jason

Stunt Coordinator

• 218 posts

Posted October 11 2002 - 01:04 AM

Uh, I'm not a gynecologist (nor do I play one on TV) but she wasn't impregnated by the rape and then discovered she was pregnant a few hours later. It was Jack's baby.

#3 of 6 OFFLINE   Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist

Executive Producer

• 11,286 posts

Posted October 11 2002 - 02:12 AM

yeah, she SPECIFICALLY says that it takes several weeks for the pregnancy test to register

#4 of 6 OFFLINE   Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun

Studio Mogul

• 37,888 posts

Posted October 11 2002 - 04:35 AM

And this means Jack will be doubly pissed in season two of 24.
"Jee-sus, it's like Iwo Jima out there" - Roger Sterling on "Mad Men"
Patcave | 2006 Films | 2007 Films | Flickr | Comic-Con 2012 | Dragon*Con 2012

#5 of 6 OFFLINE   Mike Broadman

Mike Broadman

Producer

• 4,956 posts

Posted October 11 2002 - 07:52 AM

I think the cyst may have been naturally, but aggravated by the rape.

#6 of 6 OFFLINE   Danny R

Danny R

Supporting Actor

• 875 posts

Posted October 11 2002 - 08:09 AM

I was under the impression that it was the illegitimate child from Eli's rape.

Even if Eli's little wigglers did meet up with an egg, the ovum would not have had near enough time yet to implant.

Pregnancy tests detect hormones released after implantation.
They found my psych results fit a certain profile. A certain "Moral flexibility" would be the best way to describe it....