Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

65" projection tv

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 OFFLINE   GeorgeLee

• 3 posts

Posted October 03 2002 - 12:38 PM

does anyone have experience with any 65" projection tv? and in general how is the quality of the tv for mitsu, sony and hitachi? thanks george

#2 of 4 OFFLINE   dick_harris

• 17 posts

Posted October 04 2002 - 06:43 AM

I just bought the Sony KP-65WV600 65" widscreen and am very happy with the picture quality and color. You can fine tune and adjust 4 different sets of color parameters for different types of viewing and it has 3 different, adjustable HD modes. The picture is magnificent from a progressive scan DVD. On Direct TV it is also very good. From local cable, it is only so-so. I think that many of the details of the picture that I never noticed before become very noticable on this big, very clear screen.

#3 of 4 OFFLINE   BruceSpielbauer

Second Unit

• 275 posts

Posted October 04 2002 - 04:29 PM

>>> does anyone have experience with any 65" projection tv? and in general how is the quality of the tv for mitsu, sony and hitachi? <<< I love my 65" projection TV. And, no matter which brands you mention, you are probably going to get a chorus of owners of those brands, which will not really tell you a whole lot. No matter which brand we buy, there is a certain tendency (assuming there are no major problems, such as a "lemon" situation) to try to convince others that "I made the correct decision" or that "the brand I bought is the best." It is a sort of a pride thing, perhaps... It is a competitive tendency. All three brands you mentioned have their strengths, and their weaknesses. As a matter of fact, ALL brands have their strengths and their weaknesses. The truth is, that every brand has both. The trick is to try to find the brand that has many strengths, and where the strengths matter to you, and to match that with a brand where the weaknesses are not really all that important to you. For example, "'Brand X' has a lousier DVD image, because it automatically upconverts the DVDs from 480 to 540, and it looks softer to me when I watch it. However, that does not matter that much to me, since I rarely watch DVDs, I almost always watch regular TV." Or, for example, "Brand Y has horrible 25% red push, but it can be fixed if I am willing to enter the service menu and make a few changes, and I enjoy tweaking, so that will eliminate that problem." Now, I should reveal that I own a Mitsubishi. I shopped carefully. I probably would have been very happy with my other final choices -- the Toshiba, or the Pioneer Elite. The Mitsubishi matched my own criteria. Does that mean it is the best set for YOUR situation? Not necessarily. Best of luck, -Bruce in Chi-Town

#4 of 4 OFFLINE   Gregg Loewen

Gregg Loewen

Video Standards Instructor, THX Ltd.

• 6,370 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted October 05 2002 - 01:32 AM

What Bruce said !! Posted Image

The Sonodome - circa 2001
The Newest Sonotube - circa 2001
Gregg's DVDs updated...sometimes
Lion Audio Video Consultants usually current

0 user(s) are reading this topic