What's new

*** Official Grand Theft Auto: Vice City (PS2) Review & Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Dave Bennett

Screenwriter
I did a search for an official GTA Vice City thread and nothing popped up.Well guys it's a mere 26 days until I will hopefully have my hands on GTA Vice City. The Vice City radio website is now up and running and you can sample some of the music of the game. Speaking of, does anyone know what the song is that is played in the August trailer for the game? I had it stuck in my head all day today but I have no idea what it's called. Anyhow, feel free to post links to movies, screenshots, or other info about this highly anticipated sure to be best selling title.
http://www.grandtheftautovicecity.com/
Link Removed

Davie C

Auditioning
good god!!! i cannot wait for this game..almost 4 weeks cannot come fast enough! the sheer amount of shit you can do in this is gonna be crazy..just think..when you want to steal a motorcycle, you can drop kick ppl off the bikes! Plus i've heard you stay in a hotel (to save) alot better than the garage! plus i believe thats where the penthouse suite is. maybe you can get up there at some point in the game!
I WISH I COULD TIME TRAVEL TO THE 29TH!

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
Have my pre-order in and I will be there 10am sharp release day for it. I can't wait for this. The 80's are calling me:).

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
I have no PS2, so is there any word on the release date for the PC version? (I am guessing 6 months after the PS2 release)

Dave Bennett

Screenwriter
GTA Vice City is probably my most anticipated game on the PS2 for the forseeable future. In fact the only other games I'm really looking forward to on the PS2 are The Getaway, Gran Turismo 4, and any future Ace Combat titles. Having said that, I'm sure Vice City alone will be enough to keep my PS2 busy for some time to come. I'm still playing GTA 3 and I've had it since December! I too will be counting down the days until Vice City. Even though I was very young in the 80's(I was born in December of 80) I had 3 older siblings ranging from 5-10 years older than me so I have many fond memories of the 80's. I distinctly remember thinking the video for "In a Big Country" by Big Country was one of the coolest things ever. Anyhow, as such I'm a sucker for the 80's especially the music. Looking forward to causing mayhem to the tunes of Cutting Crew, A Flock of Seagulls, and Judas Priest. My one question is if the music from GTA3's flashback fm will be in vice city. All of the songs are from Scarface so I think it would be really weird cruising around a Miami esque city in the 80's with a chainsaw to the tunes from scarface. Anyhow, the 29th will not come soon enough.

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
Offing civilians got boring right away. But there is soooo much else to do in GTA3.

Is the entire music soundtrack comprised of licensed 80's tunes? I hope some of the radio stations have original music like GTA3 did. I'd rather hear original music...

-Dave

Derrik Draven

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
Dave - you wouldn't be talking about "I Run" or "I Ran" (whatever) from Flock of Seagulls? That's the tune from the trailer.

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
All of the songs are from Scarface so I think it would be really weird cruising around a Miami esque city in the 80's with a chainsaw to the tunes from scarface.
You know, I find that kind of funny too. GTA 3 was full of music from Scarface and GTA Vice CIty is so very purely inspired by Scarface (thats a good thing by the way, big Scarface fan here). In the promo trailer with "I Ran" By The Flock of Seagulls they showed the main character walking towards the camera in an all white mansion. I swear to the lord it was Frank Lopezs' mansion from Scarface...
Speaking of which..

Babylon Club anyone? "They gonna feed you a horse..."

Check out the background above and think.."Manolo, Choot dat piece of Chit..." :D and for comparisons sake...

Mind you this isnt a complaint (again I love Scarface!), its just uncanny how much Scarface has influenced this game...

Dean DeMass

Screenwriter
GTA: Vice City is by far my most anticipated game this year. I have to work that day, but I will be leaving early to pick up my reserved copy from EB. I will then play it for about 5 hours straight. :)
-Dean-

dave_brogli

Screenwriter
yup ill be there, reserved my copy already..... come 11 o'clock that day I already will have killed 451 Cops.......
lol

GlenHaag

Supporting Actor
My copy is already totally paid for. I just wish my boss was out of the office that day, so I could bring in my PS2 and play it on the big projector at work. :)
Oh, well. I guess I'll just have to deal with 5 hours of flamethrowers later...
Just a few more weeks.
BTW, Gamespot has confirmed that there will be a PC version of the game. Just no timeframe set. It's a locked link unless you are a subscriber, but it does say in the caption that it is confirmed.
http://gamespot.com/gamespot/stories...867612,00.html
Glen

Dave Bennett

Screenwriter
Derrick,
No I'm talking about the other trailer with the instrumental song. Trust me, I'm quite familar with "I Ran" already ;) (my old roommate and I said that despite being cheezy, it's the only song we've ever head that incoroporates the words aurora borealis). Romier, the club in the game is a dead ringer for the one in Scarface but I didn't notice the similarity between Tommy and Manolo until you pointed it out. Very cool indeed.

Jeff Adams

Screenwriter
Okay, I am 100% convinced to buy this game now. When I first heard about it, I was told that it was GTA 3 all over again in Miami. That there was not going to be a real big difference. That statement seem incorrect to me. I also thought that this game might be modern times, once I heard it was influenced by Miami Vice and Scarface I was sold. I am a child of the 80's and loved that era. I was born in 74 so I remember the 80's well. My favorite movie of all time is Scarface, my favorite show of all time is Miami Vice. Now why would I not want to buy a game that has been influenced by those two? I will most definately be picking this one up. The thing is, I have not got that deep into GTA 3, I think I will start playing that again tonight. So Vice City is going to have Scarface songs on the radio, just like in GTA 3??? If so very cool!

Dave Bennett

Screenwriter
Jeff,
Hopefully Vice City will have the Scareface songs. I really like those songs and it would complete the whole Scarface experience that they have going in Vice City.
Romier,
Wow I totally didn't even notice the background in that picture. i thought you were showing how Tommy looks like Manolo which he definitely does. I didn't even notice the backdrop. Looks just like the guy's office at the car dealership.

Jeff Adams

Screenwriter
Dave, I am with you. I so hope they have the Scarface songs on this game. Maybe even throw in some Miami Vice songs too. A couple of Phil Collins songs would be a nice touch. And as far as the office goes, I thought it was Frank's office!

Derrik Draven

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
A couple of Phil Collins songs would be a nice touch
Whoa......strange that you say this. I was heading into work yesterday and (I'm not a fan so, bear with me), that Phil Collins song, "In the Air Tonight" came on. Is that the name of it? VERY big hit for him back in the 80's.

Anyhoo...while listening to it, I imagined scenes in my head, of GTA4. Thought it would make a killer, moody, trailer. Or perhaps a great song to be playing in some long, drawn out, cut scene.

Dave Bennett

Screenwriter

Saw this on IGN and had to post it. What's up with the speedo? Also, notice the status bar. It's hot pink this time!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks