What's new

Eddie Izzard: Dress to Kill DVD, November 26th (1 Viewer)

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
According to Amazon.com, the amazing EDDIE IZZARD standup routine (which won an Emmy) DRESS TO KILL will finally be released (by a company called KOCH VISION/KOCH INTERNATIONAL) to DVD at the end of November.
This is, by far, the funniest piece fo stand-up comedy I have ever seen. Fans of British/Monty Python humor should absolutely check this out, if you haven't already.
Happy day, happy day! I know the concert film was shown 1.66:1 on HBO- so I wonder if there is an chance for a anamorphic version...
There is not yet any info listed on Izzard.com or Izzardmerchandise.com so if anyone can find any additional confirmation of this title, please post!
-Vince

I'm there day and date. Truly one of the funniest stand up routines ever done. Still doing quotes of it years later, and still find it damn funny.

Pavlov's cat, Italians, and our Founding Fathers all taken into account. Can't wait.

Jassen M. West

Supporting Actor
I know this might be taboo but i have the entire routine in mp3. I find myself surfing and listening to Eddie Izzard all the time. I can't wait for the DVD.

-jay

Seth T

Stunt Coordinator
He's an EXECUTIVE transvestite...

I taped it off of HBO, then loaned it out, and it was lost. DOH!

Can't wait!

JeremySt

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeremy
American: Ahhhhh I love the smell of Europe in the morning!
Brit: Where the hell were you?
American: Ahhhhh, Havin Breakfast.

GaryEA

Second Unit
Brilliant comedy. I haven't looked at the word "herb" the same way since.

I'm there. Day and date.

-g

streeter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
Man, I've been waiting for this announcement for ages. Hopefully the DVD will have the complete concert and not the edited-down HBO presentation. And of course, hopefully it will be in 1.66:1!
My dad was actually considering showing a segment of this concert in an International Business Marketing (or something) class that he's teaching. But since it was only on VHS for 30-some-odd dollars, he is showing a similar clip from the film Left Luggage to get the point across. The segment I'm talking about is the Berliner bit.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
The part where he goes back and does a whole section of his act in French is one of the most falling down funny things I have ever seen in my life. This is a must-have disc, no question about it. I saw this on HBO at a friend's house. A few months later they re-ran it and she sent me a tape. (Didn't have HBO - still don't, come to think of it. :)) One day at work I quoted something from the act and discovered that one of my co-workers also had it on tape, and had practically memorized it. ("Europe, you know, where we have all the history?") It was like finding a long lost relative, Izzard fans are so thin on the ground in America. I can't wait for this disc. Am delighted to hear that there may be more material that was not included in the HBO special. Now here's hoping that more of his stuff is released, and soon!
"Cake or death?"
Joe

Rives Elmore

Stunt Coordinator
The Neil Armstrong, Buzz Aldren skit had me rolling...that was great

Staircase of Satan...Pond of Death

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
YES! FINALLY!

On Pilgrims:

"No we dont want any of your food thank you very much PUT SOME CLOTHES ON!"

Meanwhile that winter....

"Excuse me do you have any food?"

The English way of conquering:

"Do you have a flag?"

Pure hilarity!

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
LOL, I caught his show on HBO in a hotel once and found it the best standup comedy I've seen in a long time. I ended up getting it taped but through a move I lost it. :frowning: This is great news.
On getting his loss of virginity vetoed:
girl "I seem to recall premature ejaculation"
Eddie "No, No, Mature...Mature ejaculation"
"what are they doing here?"
"I don't know but they have a flag."

KevinA

Agent
kick arse! Me and the missus saw this on a couple weeks ago and were talking 'bout how great it would be for this to come out on dvd... someone must've been listening!! ;)

Terrell

Senior HTF Member
This guy may be the silliest, incoherent comedian I've ever seen. But he's hilarious. He had me in stitches during his HBO special.

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
On Star Wars:

In heavy british voice: "Luke..Luke The force is strong with you"

"How strong?"

"As strong as a small pony."

"Thats rather strong that is.."

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member

That joke alone made me realize that Eddie is a genius. The fact that he could keep the audience laughing with only gestures for nearly a solid minute-- you know the guy is for real.

Glad to see the HTF Izzard fans come out on this thread- for a while there I thought it might only be me and Brian.

-Vince

PS: For anyone with multi-region playback- I guess there is a DVD version of Circle (his last stand up which I didn't see) hitting R2 PAL soon.

GaryEA

Second Unit
Dress to Kill is number 2 on Amazon.com's Today's Top Sellers list. Nice!
Not to jump the gun, but I hope sales of this disc will warrant releases of Glorious and Definite Article as well.
Gary
(longing for a bungalow)

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
Glad to see the HTF Izzard fans come out on this thread- for a while there I thought it might only be me and Brian.
Good god no Vince! I have this and Glorious practically memorized, I've watched them so much. Definite Article and Unrepeatable are fantastic pieces of stand-up as well. I agree Vince, the guy is just a pure out genuis.
The bit where he goes off on how important the "look" of a person is when speaking and then moves to the singing of the National Anthem..."Oh say can you see! Big eyes!" had me practically falling over on my couch in laughter.
..and then of course the history of our architecture as compared to Englands....
"We will restore this building to how it looked OVER 50 YEARS AGO!!!!"
"NO! No! Surely not...PEOPLE WEREN'T ALIVE THEN!"
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
The best damn part of the whole routine though has got to be "Cake or Death!?" "Um cake please".....
I can't wait till this is finally released.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks