What's new

Before there were video games... (1 Viewer)

KyleS

Screenwriter
It should work just by clicking too. Damn these guys need to get a life. :D
KyleS

Carl Johnson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl III
I saw it but couldn't figure out wtf it was, looked like some high schooler borrowed his parents camera to tape the drama club.

Andy_S

Second Unit
I think it's a group of Dungeons & Dragons guys living out one of their games. It's hilarious.

John Stone

Supporting Actor
I actually used to play AD&D back in the mid 80s, but I don't remember ever dressing up. It was a game played with dice, pen and paper. Funny clip. :)
[David] "Hi, would you like to go out with me?"
[Jill] "Ok, sure!"
[David] "Neato! We'll go to my AD&D club together and you can watch me kick some ass!"
[Jill] "AD&D? Cool! Is that like martial arts?!"
[David] "Martial arts? [snort] No, stupid! It's much better than THAT! Sheesh. You'll see!@"
Cut to the big day
[David] "Lightning bolt! Lightning bolt! Lightning bolt!"
(...oh man, I'm SO kicking ass today! She looks amazed!)
[David] "Lightning bolt! Lightning bolt! Lightning bolt!"
Cut to drive home
[Jill] "Uh, David we...."
[David] (annoyed) "I thought I told you my name is Garthon the Isolated!"
[Jill] "uh...can you please take me home now?"

Richard Travale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Travale
Man, what a bunch of nerds!!!
At least when me and my friends made the Dungeon & Dragons movies(yes movies, 1,2 & 3) we had plots and special effects and stuff(my favourite was me, Balmar, turning Tagu the dwarf, into a plastic frog).
John, was your name changed to David to protect the innocent??? :D

Alex-C

Screenwriter
absolutely hilarious....

i am in tears from this one.

I would love to crash the battle scene and start yelling "posion fart!" or "guilt !" or "dung bomb !" just to see what the other nerds would do...

Andy_S

Second Unit
It shocks me that there are actually girls there. One of them in "battle"! The one with the giant hammer.

Mike boettner

Stunt Coordinator
"lighting bolt, lighting bolt, lighting bolt" I never thought in a million years the phrase "lighting bolt" could have me laughing my arse off!!!!!! :laugh:

Jeremy Allin

Supporting Actor
Oh geez, that is hiliarious!
"Lightning bolt! Lightning bolt! Sleep!"
:laugh::laugh::laugh:
Too funny. That one's a keeper.
EDIT: Love the green guy that gets pelted with a 'lightning bolt' and the commoner standing in the foreground!

Andy_S

Second Unit
In the background you can clearly see the "Garage Fortress of Guildehan" along with "Ye Olde Basketball Hoop". Very authentic.

Danny R

Supporting Actor
This video has been around for awhile. As I commented the original time I saw it: These nerds need to get a clue! They have it all wrong!
Not only is the mage casting lightning bolt too many times, he's also casting them MUCH to fast. The combat turn in D&D is much slower. The mage should be spending most of the round chanting in preparation to cast the spell. And given the amount of times he casts it, he is a very powerful archmage. If thats the case, then why does he use that spell over and over? Lightning bolt increases with the casters power, so once is often enough.
The alternative is that he's using some sort of wand or staff of power to cast the spell. Lightning bolts from that are of much lesser power, however again the spells are coming way too fast. And then there is the big problem that he's casting this spell from WAY too close. A quick look at the range of the spell shows that the bolt has to reach its full length, otherwise it will rebound toward the caster. Standing as close as he is to the target, that poor mage would in real life be toasty.
Then there is the problem with the other spell cast. Some ignorant mage cast a sleep spell as well. Sleep, as any competent magic user knows, only works against lower level creatures, and can simply be ignored by more powerful denizens of the monster world. Don't these nerds know anything?
:)

Chris Derby

Second Unit
This video has been around for awhile. As I commented the original time I saw it: These nerds need to get a clue! They have it all wrong!
Not only is the mage casting lightning bolt too many times, he's also casting them MUCH to fast. The combat turn in D&D is much slower. The mage should be spending most of the round chanting in preparation to cast the spell. And given the amount of times he casts it, he is a very powerful archmage. If thats the case, then why does he use that spell over and over? Lightning bolt increases with the casters power, so once is often enough.
The alternative is that he's using some sort of wand or staff of power to cast the spell. Lightning bolts from that are of much lesser power, however again the spells are coming way too fast. And then there is the big problem that he's casting this spell from WAY too close. A quick look at the range of the spell shows that the bolt has to reach its full length, otherwise it will rebound toward the caster. Standing as close as he is to the target, that poor mage would in real life be toasty.
Then there is the problem with the other spell cast. Some ignorant mage cast a sleep spell as well. Sleep, as any competent magic user knows, only works against lower level creatures, and can simply be ignored by more powerful denizens of the monster world. Don't these nerds know anything?

Brian Mansure

Second Unit
I think the next time someone pisses me off at work I'm going to throw pencils at them and scream "lightning bolt".
Hey, don't laugh... it worked for the guy in the video.
;)
Brian

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks