Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Before there were video games...

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#1 of 45 OFFLINE   Andy_S

Andy_S

Second Unit

• 393 posts

Posted September 19 2002 - 08:37 AM

People resorted to this:

MPEG Video
Check out my:
Home Theater (Updated February 9th)
Artwork
Home Built MAME cabinet
Sci-Fi Models

#2 of 45 OFFLINE   David Ely

David Ely

Supporting Actor

• 761 posts

Posted September 19 2002 - 08:52 AM

[quote] The page cannot be displayed [quote]
Visit my website
Golden's Domain

#3 of 45 OFFLINE   Andy_S

Andy_S

Second Unit

• 393 posts

Posted September 19 2002 - 09:04 AM

Try Right-Clicking and Save Target As... instead of just clicking on it.
Check out my:
Artwork
Home Built MAME cabinet
Sci-Fi Models

#4 of 45 OFFLINE   KyleS

KyleS

Screenwriter

• 1,232 posts

Posted September 19 2002 - 09:04 AM

It should work just by clicking too. Damn these guys need to get a life. Posted Image

KyleS

#5 of 45 OFFLINE   Carl Johnson

Carl Johnson

Screenwriter

• 1,991 posts

Posted September 19 2002 - 09:11 AM

I saw it but couldn't figure out wtf it was, looked like some high schooler borrowed his parents camera to tape the drama club.

#6 of 45 OFFLINE   Andy_S

Andy_S

Second Unit

• 393 posts

Posted September 19 2002 - 09:15 AM

I think it's a group of Dungeons & Dragons guys living out one of their games. It's hilarious.
Check out my:
Artwork
Home Built MAME cabinet
Sci-Fi Models

#7 of 45 OFFLINE   Mike boettner

Mike boettner

Stunt Coordinator

• 230 posts

Posted September 19 2002 - 09:19 AM

A D&D in real life!!!! that was sooo cool. now where did i put my hundred sided dice Posted Image
Mike!
"Dreams Do Come True"

#8 of 45 OFFLINE   John Stone

John Stone

Supporting Actor

• 683 posts

Posted September 19 2002 - 09:40 AM

I actually used to play AD&D back in the mid 80s, but I don't remember ever dressing up. It was a game played with dice, pen and paper. Funny clip. Posted Image

[David] "Hi, would you like to go out with me?"
[Jill] "Ok, sure!"
[David] "Neato! We'll go to my AD&D club together and you can watch me kick some ass!"
[Jill] "AD&D? Cool! Is that like martial arts?!"
[David] "Martial arts? [snort] No, stupid! It's much better than THAT! Sheesh. You'll see!@"

Cut to the big day

[David] "Lightning bolt! Lightning bolt! Lightning bolt!"
(...oh man, I'm SO kicking ass today! She looks amazed!)
[David] "Lightning bolt! Lightning bolt! Lightning bolt!"

Cut to drive home

[Jill] "Uh, David we...."
[David] (annoyed) "I thought I told you my name is Garthon the Isolated!"
[Jill] "uh...can you please take me home now?"

#9 of 45 OFFLINE   Richard Travale

Richard Travale

Producer

• 3,426 posts
  • LocationThe Island, Canada

Posted September 19 2002 - 09:44 AM

Man, what a bunch of nerds!!!

At least when me and my friends made the Dungeon & Dragons movies(yes movies, 1,2 & 3) we had plots and special effects and stuff(my favourite was me, Balmar, turning Tagu the dwarf, into a plastic frog).

John, was your name changed to David to protect the innocent??? Posted Image

"Cock your hat - angles are attitudes. "
- Frank Sinatra 

#10 of 45 OFFLINE   Alex-C

Alex-C

Screenwriter

• 1,240 posts

Posted September 19 2002 - 09:53 AM

absolutely hilarious.... i am in tears from this one. I would love to crash the battle scene and start yelling "posion fart!" or "guilt !" or "dung bomb !" just to see what the other nerds would do...
A new life awaits you in the off-world colonies, the chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure.

Let's Go . . . To the colonies !

#11 of 45 OFFLINE   Andy_S

Andy_S

Second Unit

• 393 posts

Posted September 19 2002 - 09:57 AM

It shocks me that there are actually girls there. One of them in "battle"! The one with the giant hammer.
Check out my:
Artwork
Home Built MAME cabinet
Sci-Fi Models

#12 of 45 OFFLINE   John Stone

John Stone

Supporting Actor

• 683 posts

Posted September 19 2002 - 10:04 AM

[quote] John, was your name changed to David to protect the innocent??? [quote]
Posted Image No, thankfully my brief interest in D&D was prior to my discovery of the opposite sex. Posted Image

#13 of 45 OFFLINE   Mike boettner

Mike boettner

Stunt Coordinator

• 230 posts

Posted September 19 2002 - 01:11 PM

"lighting bolt, lighting bolt, lighting bolt" I never thought in a million years the phrase "lighting bolt" could have me laughing my arse off!!!!!! Posted Image
"Dreams Do Come True"

#14 of 45 OFFLINE   Jeremy Allin

Jeremy Allin

Supporting Actor

• 897 posts

Posted September 19 2002 - 01:33 PM

Oh geez, that is hiliarious!

"Lightning bolt! Lightning bolt! Sleep!"

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Too funny. That one's a keeper.

EDIT: Love the green guy that gets pelted with a 'lightning bolt' and the commoner standing in the foreground!

#15 of 45 OFFLINE   Hunter P

Hunter P

Screenwriter

• 1,483 posts

Posted September 19 2002 - 01:44 PM

This is comedy. I've replayed it about 20 times and the comedy still isn't fading.
GIR, UNLEASH THE MONKEY!
MONKEY!
"I am the Doctor of Death, and I have come to cure you of your life." --Endless Mike, The Adventures of Pete and Pete

#16 of 45 OFFLINE   Andy_S

Andy_S

Second Unit

• 393 posts

Posted September 19 2002 - 01:56 PM

In the background you can clearly see the "Garage Fortress of Guildehan" along with "Ye Olde Basketball Hoop". Very authentic.
Check out my:
Artwork
Home Built MAME cabinet
Sci-Fi Models

#17 of 45 OFFLINE   Ted Lee

Ted Lee

Lead Actor

• 8,399 posts

Posted September 19 2002 - 02:25 PM

OMG. that is toooo funny...

#18 of 45 OFFLINE   Danny R

Danny R

Supporting Actor

• 875 posts

Posted September 20 2002 - 01:56 AM

This video has been around for awhile. As I commented the original time I saw it: These nerds need to get a clue! They have it all wrong!

Not only is the mage casting lightning bolt too many times, he's also casting them MUCH to fast. The combat turn in D&D is much slower. The mage should be spending most of the round chanting in preparation to cast the spell. And given the amount of times he casts it, he is a very powerful archmage. If thats the case, then why does he use that spell over and over? Lightning bolt increases with the casters power, so once is often enough.

The alternative is that he's using some sort of wand or staff of power to cast the spell. Lightning bolts from that are of much lesser power, however again the spells are coming way too fast. And then there is the big problem that he's casting this spell from WAY too close. A quick look at the range of the spell shows that the bolt has to reach its full length, otherwise it will rebound toward the caster. Standing as close as he is to the target, that poor mage would in real life be toasty.

Then there is the problem with the other spell cast. Some ignorant mage cast a sleep spell as well. Sleep, as any competent magic user knows, only works against lower level creatures, and can simply be ignored by more powerful denizens of the monster world. Don't these nerds know anything?

Posted Image
They found my psych results fit a certain profile. A certain "Moral flexibility" would be the best way to describe it....

#19 of 45 OFFLINE   Chris Derby

Chris Derby

Second Unit

• 374 posts

Posted September 20 2002 - 02:52 AM

[quote] This video has been around for awhile. As I commented the original time I saw it: These nerds need to get a clue! They have it all wrong!

Not only is the mage casting lightning bolt too many times, he's also casting them MUCH to fast. The combat turn in D&D is much slower. The mage should be spending most of the round chanting in preparation to cast the spell. And given the amount of times he casts it, he is a very powerful archmage. If thats the case, then why does he use that spell over and over? Lightning bolt increases with the casters power, so once is often enough.

The alternative is that he's using some sort of wand or staff of power to cast the spell. Lightning bolts from that are of much lesser power, however again the spells are coming way too fast. And then there is the big problem that he's casting this spell from WAY too close. A quick look at the range of the spell shows that the bolt has to reach its full length, otherwise it will rebound toward the caster. Standing as close as he is to the target, that poor mage would in real life be toasty.

Then there is the problem with the other spell cast. Some ignorant mage cast a sleep spell as well. Sleep, as any competent magic user knows, only works against lower level creatures, and can simply be ignored by more powerful denizens of the monster world. Don't these nerds know anything?

[quote]

Geek... Posted Image
-derby

#20 of 45 OFFLINE   Brian Mansure

Brian Mansure

Second Unit

• 462 posts

Posted September 20 2002 - 05:04 AM

I think the next time someone pisses me off at work I'm going to throw pencils at them and scream "lightning bolt".

Hey, don't laugh... it worked for the guy in the video.
Posted Image

Brian

BAM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users