What's new

Nightbreed SE (1 Viewer)

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
Well, I searched back one month, hope that was far enough.
Bought the SE of Near Dark at Circuit City today and asked about Nightbreed. The clerk showed me a copy but said if I waited a few weeks there'd be a Special Edition.
Will someone steer me to the facts?

Richard Smith

Stunt Coordinator
Hi Jim,
There was a rumour going around at the time of the original release that a Nightbreed special edition would arrive this year. It was going to be a directors cut containing the 25 minutes that the studio cut out and other extras. However there hasn't been any new info since then:frowning:. From interviews I've read with Clive Barker it's going to be a bit of a task finding the missing footage and re-editing the movie, and right now he seems busy with the Abarat quartet of books. I've got my fingers crossed that he's still working on this and that we'll get it next year.Here's a link to the last thread on the subject.
Richard

Tony Whalen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony Whalen
A Nightbreed SE would be SO cool. Love that flick.
'course, I live in the city it supposedly takes place in (at least in the beginning) so it gets extra cool-points for that. :D

Mike Munster

Auditioning
Its been so long since the initial announcement that I'm getting skeptical that we will ever see it. The studios appear to be busy right now putting out boxed sets of every lame TV show in their vaults. I would sure like to own this version of the film.;)

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
Forgot I even started this thread, found it in a search today.
Well, guess I just need to buy the existing disc, then they'll announce a Special Edition. ;)

Tony Whalen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony Whalen
Well I bought it.... so I don't doubt the SE will get announced soon. :)

GregoryP

Supporting Actor
I assume the film bounty hunter has not found the lost footage yet in Fox's vaults because there has not been any new info since then.

Matthew Brown

Supporting Actor
I am holding off on the current release in hopes that the special edition materializes at some point.

I am not only looking forward to more footage, but a special feature on the backgrounds of the characters would be incredible. I remember having a book that treated the creatures as if the were real and gave fascinating stories of how they wound up at Midian.

I can't believe this movie wasn't more popular than it was. If it came out today, there would be toy lines, video games, and all sorts of stuff. I loved the whole premise of the film.

Matt

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
Bought it today at Fry's for 14.99. Tony & I ought to get some sort of thanks on the special edition insert for prompting its release. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks