What's new

Phantasy Star online ? (1 Viewer)

Patrick R.E.

Agent
Phantasy Star online for gamecube, xbox, pc does any one have news for when it will be on the market??
pso for gc i think its for the 1 oct 2002 its true??
is the gc ready to go online?

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
PSO will come packaged with the modem/ethernet. At least it does in Japan

X-Box version is due to come out in January last I heard

Oscar_R

Second Unit
PSO will come packaged with the modem/ethernet. At least it does in Japan
X-Box version is due to come out in January last I heard
that package is japan only. Here we get stuck with ReVolt :rolleyes:
I was so into both Dreamcast iterations, I'm excited. i just don't know if I can wait till january for the X-Box version.

Oscar_R

Second Unit
You mean the Xbox version correct? I think Jeff was referring to the Gamecube version of PSO being packed in with the ethernet/modem adapter.
i found this add for pre-ordering it form EB

looks like you might be right about the pre-order. must be the xbox version i was thinking off.
in other news, the gamecube version of the gameshark comes out on the 17th of this month as well. ugh.

Patrick R.E.

Agent
gamecube or xbox will be the best way to play??
i just have a playstation2.
i was not sure to buy a xbox or a gamecube, pso will make me buy one of those two :)
i play more or less 3000hours with pso on dreamcast i use to have 5 memory card to have 5 different character :)

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
Oscar - Gamesharks had nothing to do with the imbalances, it was in the PSOv2 game itself.

-Dave

Travis Kolesar

Second Unit
Which system are you thinking you'll play this game on? I'm thinking that voice chat with Xbox live would be pretty sweet.

Patrick R.E.

Agent
there a rumor that you will be charge to play pso online with the xbox and its going to be free with pso on gamecube is this true?

Oscar_R

Second Unit
you had to pay $15 to play V2 on the Dreamcast already. the charges are pretty irrelevant. $15 for 3 months worth of play isn't bad.

Oscar Saenz

Stunt Coordinator
If anyone is importing a copy from Japan (mine will be shipped on Monday by NCSX) be warned - I read that SEGA is making it difficult to obtain a Hunter's License for those living outside of Japan. They are requiring you to input a Japanese address. I'm not sure this is a real problem since how easy would it be to make up a fake one? Oh well, I'll find out soon enough.

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
oh come on, weapon and tech duping through gameshark not imbalance the game enough for you? how about all the stupid noling codes?
Oscar, I don't understand why you are on this Gameshark rant. I am saying that PSOv2 had major problems in balance, without adding a cheat device into the mix. When your character hits level 115-120, it became pretty apparent that it was majorly screwed up.
As a sidenote, the Gameshark didn't even work for the purposes you mentioned. They required a Code Breaker or Xploder.
-Dave

Brian Ford

Stunt Coordinator
PSO I & II Japanese commercial
Presented in Windows Media
Link Removed
Link Removed
Thanks to Shinobi from the TNL Boards. That is one cute older sister.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Sega did issued a warning that playing the J version will bve very difficult. I'll be amazed if the dial-up modem part works

Personally I'm guessing they're trying to keep the traffic down until they can bring more servers online

Brian Ford

Stunt Coordinator
Quick question, how are the services for the Dreamcast servers holding up right now? Nintendo really seems to be pushing the Broadband adaptor, which is a good thing. The Dreamcast broadband adaptor was hard to get at first.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks