What's new

*** Official HTF SOCOM Clan Thread (1 Viewer)

Calvin Watts III

Supporting Actor
Hello everyone,
As you can see, my name is Calvin Watts III, & I'm the leader of the Home Theatre Forum SOCOM Clan.
For those of you who don't know, SOCOM: US Navy Seals is out now for the PS2, & it's one of their flagship online titles.
Online play consists of two teams competing with each other to
accomplish mission objectives. This can be classified/played as a 1st/3rd person shooter, but it's not a fragfest, like Quake & Counterstrike - rather, you work as a team to get the job done.
We have over 20 registered members so far, & more have shown some interest in joining. We have no tryouts,just some simple rules in order to join. They are as follows:
  • You must be a registered & posted member of the HTF.
    (Otherwise, we wouldn't have the right to be the HTF clan)
  • You must be willing to be a team player.
  • Stealth is key. Camping is allowed.
  • Above all else, you must be willing to have fun!
This thread will be used for updates,clan meetings,info,suggestions,comments,anything clan related.
Also,anyone who is intersted in joining us either post here or contact me and it will be taken care of.
The Home Theatre Forum is a special place,different from any other message board on the internet. We have a higher standard, & so we should show that standard when we play.
Let's show everyone just why the HTF is the best place on the 'net!
That is all. Carry on!
Calvin Watts III
HTF Socom Clan Leader.
(Socom nicks: HTF-Nightwing,Nightwing)

Dean DeMass

Screenwriter
I think GaryP (Joboo) and I (RingWraith) represented our clan very well last night. We were the MVPs each round and we both had the most enemy kills. Gary and I are starting to get very good and we work very well together.

-Dean-

Dave Bennett

Screenwriter
I decided to give up on SOCOM online until I can get another Linksys router, which did work but had power supply issues causing me to return it. I've determined that the SMC one I have is the weak link (much like the DLink one was) and is causing all my voice chat problems. I was really doing well the other night though even with my headset handy cap ;) Anyhow, I was gonna wait until tomorrow but I think I'm gonna try and go today when my class lets out at 3:15 and get rid of the SMC and pick up a Linksys. If I get another router that's causing trouble in any way, then I officially give up :D

JoshF

Supporting Actor
Hey guys. I've been practicing a lot lately - just haven't been on when you have been. I've been getting MVP a lot lately, too, even against the twitchy teenagers.

-josh (HTF-stencil)

Dave Bennett

Screenwriter
Ok I went and picked up another Linksys router today(which did work fine with Voicechat for me) so I should be set to play tonight. Anyone up for a game around 9:30 or 10est or some time near that?

Dave Bennett

Screenwriter
OK guys, I'm having issues with this newest router :angry: but there is good news. I cloned the MAC address of my PS2 NA to the router and used the automated reg system to register that address. I then tried unplugging my computer from the wall jack and connecting the PS2 to the wall jack. Viola! Chat works. So, unless this Network Everywhere by Linksys 4 port router(which is nearly identical to the BSEFR41) is messed up I'm simply not doing something right. Can anyone with a Linksys router walk me through the process of forwarding ports and or DMZ? I've tried both but neither seems to do anything. I should say that I can speak and but I'm not hearing anything. As I said, when I go straight to the wall, all is fine. If anyone can provide me some info I'd greatly appreciate it. I should note that I WAS able to give my PC and PS2 a static IP from behind the router if that will help me at all.

JasonK

Supporting Actor
I'll be on from right now, till whenever. I'll keep my a sharp lookout for HTF games...

JasonK

Supporting Actor
Calvin, I just sent you an Email regarding HTF-Pudwacker. He's good to go now.

Thanks!

Dean, I'll try to find out where you're at...

JasonK

Supporting Actor
Dean, I just saw your name, but then 2 seconds later you disappeared...if you see this, c'mon back, Calvin and I will start up a room.

Dave Bennett

Screenwriter
I tried again to confirm and in fact games that I joined that had no voice chat when I was connected through the router, voice chat worked fine when unplugged my computer from the walljack and plugged in the PS2. Any ideas? I've got the router setup for static IPs and I was able to succesfully access my web server via port forwarding and DMZ but it doesn't seem to effect voice chat when I put the PS2 in the DMZ. I'm this close to just going back and getting the regular Linksys model(the BSFER41) and just paying the damn restocking fee and returning this Network Anywhere by Linksys brand one. I really want this to work but I don't get it. There are two jacks in the room and my roommate does not have a computer (though he'll probably get one in the not too distant future) so I could try connecting my computer to the spare jack and the PS2 to the other one and forgoing a router, but when I'm home over Christmas break I'm gonna need a router anyway as we have ATT Broadband for Cable Modem service. I'd like to get one I know works flawlessly. Perhaps I will head out again tomorrow and try one last router. If it doesn't work, I don't know what I'm gonna do. If anyone can offer any advice please share!

JoshF

Supporting Actor
Dave, all I can tell you is that I know for a fact that the Linksys works flawlessly in my situation, and I've heard other people have had good luck with it.

I got MVP once last night, seems if you work together it's a lot easier.
That's so true, Ryan. I got 14 kills and MVP last night and most of that was because I knew where my other guys were via voice chat.

Skinner - I saw you in my room last night, and it switched me away from your team! Weird. I think the server is doing something weird in that it keeps clan members from being on the same team! It only happens when I go to the armory, though, so perhaps I'll avoid that in the future and just pick my new weapon after I die in the first round (that is, if I die in the first round. Mwuaahaha).

GaryP

Second Unit
Eric,
All of us now go with the HTF prefix as in HTF-Pyro. Set up that screen name, let Calvin know you want to join (which you basically just did) and he'll fire out an invitation. Next time you log on, accept said invite and you're in.

Gary

JasonKrol

Supporting Actor
hey all, there is a scheduled game for tonight over at OCGN.com
here is the link:
http://www.ocgn.com/view_schedule_event.asp?eid=72
I hope that more than 6 of us can participate, we need to get a full 8vs8 match going one of these nights!!!
(i imagine that its not that difficult with 25+ members in the Clan, but we have as of yet to accomplish this)

Calvin Watts III

Supporting Actor
This is an update to the HTF Socom Clan.
All members & potential members,please read.
We currently have 21 official members with the proper nickname,which can be anything in good taste,but has to have the prefix HTF-
Example: HTF-Nightwing
We have one official member who still needs to create a HTF nick, as well as two HTF invites still out,just waiting for acceptance.
There are 3 people who I'm waiting to hear back from so I can officially invite them ( 4 now with eric c j ), as well as these 3 nicknames who do have invites awaiting them:
  • Starman ( Mike_G )
  • PHARAOH ( JoanPablo_T )
  • crsierra_ign ( Chris S )
If I don't hear anything from you by Sunday, I'll be dropping those names from the invite list, though you will still be able to join at a later date if you wish.
I want to clear something up,because it seems that some of you have worries about being dropped from the clan. We all have personal lives,as well as work,school, & other daily things needing to be done.
No One... I repeat, no one,will be dropped from the clan if you can't be on for a few days,for whatever reason. Please just let me know if you will be away, so I'll know.
There are only two ways to be officially dropped from the HTF clan. They are as follows:
  • If you wish to be officially dropped from the HTF clan.
  • Conduct unbecoming a HTF team member.
What that basicially means that if you start purposefully killing off members of your own team, not being a part of a team dynamic,stuff along those lines, then the option will be there to dismiss you from the clan.
All team members will have input into such a decision (which I'm pretty sure will never happen anyways), but,as clan leader, I'll make the final decision.
Okay...again,if you are interested in joining, please either post here or contact me so I can do what needs to be done. If you create a nick with the HTF- prefix, things will go much faster.
Gary, thanks for replying to Eric for me. :)
Sincerely,
Calvin Watts III
HTF-Nightwing
HTF SOCOM Clan Leader

eric c j

Agent
Alright, I will change my SOCOM login to be HTF-Pyro. As I understand it, when I log into the game there will be a invitation waiting for me and I accept and get brought there?

JoshF

Supporting Actor
Yeah, you'll get the clan membership designation with your name and will be subscribed to clan announcements.

Tom Fudold

Stunt Coordinator
Hey Josh, I saw you as well, but my connection was really funky. Are you guys also seeing East 2 1, instead of East 3? I'm getting some strange stuff lately. I was unable to keep connected enough to play last night.

I'll be on tonight for sure, 10pm or so, EST.

Tom

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks