What's new

Wiz close out sale... (1 Viewer)

Gabriel_Lam

Screenwriter
I just got back from a store in NJ. Prices were still quite a bit higher than from many e-tailers.

Were you able to find anything good?

Piers C

Stunt Coordinator
Yes, I found the same. I picked up some cables. My full report was posted in the lounge...

Ed Faver

Second Unit
Cables were all 40% offf in the Eatontown, NJ, store. I got the CC Life of Brian for $26. Didn't see anything else with a price that screamed, "BUY ME!!"

Lou Loomis

Stunt Coordinator
don't know if they've gone down much, but I went in a few weeks ago and found the "sale" a joke. most prices hadn't even changed, and those that did by only a few dollars. and of course all more expensive then places like jandr.

I assume they're doing this in rounds (i.e. see how many people will buy stuff at 10%, then move to 20, etc.) but round 1 highlights why they're closing their doors.

Peter Rohlfs

Second Unit
Real Name
Peter Rohlfs
I went to the Willowbrook store. The only "bargain" I found is I picked up an X-box game for 30% off the approx 50 price.

Peter

Larry Geller

Supporting Actor
Here in Queens ALL DVD's & CDs were 30% off last week & , I think, 40-50% off this week. I got Disney Treasure Disneyland for $17, Surround SACDs for $13, etc. I'd say this is pretty damned good. They even pre-lowered the DVD-As to the new prices BEFORE the new discounts, so I guess it's down to how sleazy each individual store manager is, because the sale here is amazing!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks