-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

The Upgraded Anthem AVM-20 2.0 Thread

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1746 replies to this topic

#1741 of 1747 EdB

EdB

Auditioning

• 8 posts

Posted July 19 2003 - 08:59 AM

Gulp. I have a problem.
I bought an Anthem several months ago. My house was completed about 4 weeks ago and I was happy to have the Anthem fired up. Well, I am having two problems:
1. When I use the set up menu the picture "flickers".It stops as soon as I start my DVD player.
2. More troublesome, I am hearing "pops" like those described in some BK amp forums. They begin after the system is running for about an hour. I also, at times have the tweater on my center channel(monitor audio-new) dropping out right before a "pop".
I am not and AV expert and am frustrated. Anyone have any ideas as to what I should do?
thanks,
Ed

#1742 of 1747 Neil Potter

Neil Potter

Auditioning

• 10 posts

Posted July 19 2003 - 09:25 AM

I had the same problem. Loud pop's and total center shut down. Mine was a bad processor and Anthem quickly replaced the unit. The problem has been around but Anthem's service is stellar..I have found no better!
Good Luck!

NPPosted Image

#1743 of 1747 Michael Mohrmann

Michael Mohrmann

Screenwriter

• 1,394 posts

Posted July 19 2003 - 09:54 AM

Ed,

As Neil noted, it could be a hardware problem. To eliminate a possible software problem, which version of the AVM-20's software do you have installed? Make sure you have software version v2.09 installed (if your AVM-20 is an older one running at v1.xx, make sure you have v1.12).

If you need to update your software version, go to Anthem's web site and get the latest version of software. After you install it, go to the setup menus and perform a Reload Factory Defaults. At this point, you will need to re-enter your setup parameters. Hopefully, this will correct the problem. If not, contact your dealer or Anthem.

Michael

#1744 of 1747 EdB

EdB

Auditioning

• 8 posts

Posted July 19 2003 - 11:49 AM

Neil and Michael:
Thanks for the interest. I have software version 2.09 (I just got the Anthem in May, but had to wait for my house to be finished to use it). So, I take it, that means I need to contact Anthem.
Thanks again,
Ed

#1745 of 1747 Michael Mohrmann

Michael Mohrmann

Screenwriter

• 1,394 posts

Posted July 19 2003 - 11:59 AM

Ed,

If you have the time, I would perform a Reload Factory Defaults (which will require setting up again), and see if that corrects the problems. Chances are it won't, but there have been instances where the reload actually solved the problems.

Also, maybe your dealer can open the AVM-20 up (I assume they are authorized for Anthem repairs) and reseat all boards and connectors. Other than that, you will need to contact Anthem.

Sorry. Posted Image

Michael

#1746 of 1747 Lee Wilson

Lee Wilson

Auditioning

• 11 posts

Posted September 03 2003 - 09:49 AM

Hello AVM 20 owners,

The V2.1 upgrade is now available on the anthem web site, including a new manual. Happy upgrades and good luck!

Lee
Paradigm Studio 100's
Paradigm Studio CC
Paradigm Titans (rear)
Anthem AVM-20 v2.12
Anthem MCA-5Technics DVD-A10

#1747 of 1747 ChrisHeflen

ChrisHeflen

Supporting Actor

• 912 posts

Posted September 03 2003 - 10:20 AM

Gee Lee where have you been? The upgrade has been available since the begining of August.
We have started a new thread that can be found here.
http://www.hometheat....hreadid=150425