Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

24: Season 2 - Hour 1 - 10/29/02

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
119 replies to this topic

#41 of 120 Benjamin_L

Benjamin_L

Stunt Coordinator

• 84 posts

Posted October 29 2002 - 03:49 PM

They hurt Kim!!! Those bastards!!!!Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Episode was good all around, it's unusual for a season to start on such a low note, though what other way was there besides some kind of against-formula montage?

the bit with Kim & her surrogate fam kind of annoyed me. Have we stumbled into the Lifetime network or something?Posted Image Heeellllll no, just wait till Kim winds up backing over that punk-ass loser and his losermobile!

Do we throw predictions in this thread? It's pretty clear Kim'll be long gone from the house by the time the car from CTU arrives.

Greg,

Not so sure about the fiance-terrorist switcheroo you suspect, they pulled something like that during the Pilot with the photographer/what's-her-name switch and I wouldn't bet (my) money they'd do it again... it's just too obvious. Still, who can tell with these guys.
XBLIVE GAMERTAG: the light
"Life is such a changing art."
-Dar Williams

#42 of 120 Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun

Studio Mogul

• 37,597 posts

Posted October 29 2002 - 04:42 PM

Actually, I got the vibe that the Michelle Forbes character might be a mole in the president's inner circle, Eric is too ambitious and hawkish.

I wouldn't mind the bride-to-be to be the one calling the shots. It would really throw the sneaky sister for a loop.

Kim really grew up in one year. How many blonde women did we have in this episode? Just wait until Tony shows up to get Kim and that butthead is there all piss and vinegar. What an unlikeable, sleazy character that dad is that Kim is nannying for.

Paulie makes me suspect her of something, don't know what, just my radar went up when she's in the room.

Why didn't the prez bump his son into the lake, can't stand the son.

I don't get the feeling that Jack killed the witness, but incapacitated him so he couldn't testify (buys him time to infiltrate Wald's world).

How long did it take Jack to go back into CTU mode? 2 minutes? I guess it's like riding a bike, you never forget.
"Jee-sus, it's like Iwo Jima out there" - Roger Sterling on "Mad Men"
Patcave | 2006 Films | 2007 Films | Flickr | Comic-Con 2012 | Dragon*Con 2012

#43 of 120 Tom Rags

Tom Rags

Supporting Actor

• 576 posts

Posted October 29 2002 - 04:52 PM

Ugg- I had the opportunity to watch Season 1 for the first time on DVD. I can't even IMAGINE finding out how this thing ends until NEXT MAY. That blows my mind. How did you guys do it last year? I am seriously considering not watching and waiting for the DVD set.

Ahhhhh, who the hell am I kiddin'? Posted Image

#44 of 120 Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun

Studio Mogul

• 37,597 posts

Posted October 29 2002 - 04:55 PM

You just get into the rhythm of the weekly hour installments.

#45 of 120 Guest_RossTerry_*

Guest_RossTerry_*

Posted October 29 2002 - 04:59 PM

slightly off topic...

are there going to be individual threads for each episode or this ongoing thread only?

#46 of 120 Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun

Studio Mogul

• 37,597 posts

Posted October 29 2002 - 05:11 PM

One big thread for such a serialized show.

#47 of 120 Jehan

Jehan

Supporting Actor

• 553 posts

Posted October 29 2002 - 05:20 PM

After catching the first season on DVD, I'm hooked with this first episode here. First time in a very long time I actually planned to watch something on TV and ended up doing so Posted Image, 23 more to go!.

I agree with Pat about Forbes' character, something seems to be up there. I actually had my eye on the clock for when Jack would get back to CTU, it wasn't too bad actually (certainly longer than a couple of minutes).

Home Theater • 2004 Film List • 2003 Film List • 2002 Film List • 2001 Film List

#48 of 120 Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun

Studio Mogul

• 37,597 posts

Posted October 29 2002 - 05:30 PM

So if Jack wants out of CTU, why does he still live so close to CTU? Posted Image

#49 of 120 James Gumbart

James Gumbart

Stunt Coordinator

• 70 posts

Posted October 29 2002 - 05:39 PM

Quote:
I don't get the feeling that Jack killed the witness, but incapacitated him so he couldn't testify (buys him time to infiltrate Wald's world).

I don't agree Pat. He did kill him. He asked for a hacksaw because he wanted to cut off the guy's head and offer it on a silver platter as a way to get back on the inside of that terrorist organization.

#50 of 120 Mike-M

Mike-M

Stunt Coordinator

• 187 posts

Posted October 29 2002 - 05:43 PM

Not to mention that that is the same gun he used last year and it shoots bullets, not tranqs. And, he shot the guy dead in his chest with blood spurting out. Lastly, Bauer incapacitated Mason in the first episode of last season. There's no way it would happen twice in back to back premieres. He killed that guy.

#51 of 120 Matt Butler

Matt Butler

Screenwriter

• 1,921 posts

Posted October 29 2002 - 06:39 PM

I watched the DVD set of S1 in about a week and have been anticipating this premiere ever since.

Jack is Back!!

The only thing that bugged me is the "hacksaw" and then the shaving scene being so close together. other than that is pure 24 as far as im concerned. Posted Image
My Blu Rays
http://www.blu-ray.c...ol...=Dj Matt B

Favorite films of all time in no order
1. Zodiac 2. Dawn of the Dead (1978) 3. The Good The Bad and The Ugly 4. Blade Runner 5. The Warriors 6. Dark Knight 7. The Godfather  8. Bullitt 9. Experiment in Terror 10. Raiders of the Lost...

#52 of 120 Graeme Clark

Graeme Clark

Screenwriter

• 2,181 posts

Posted October 29 2002 - 10:26 PM

Too many Blondes to keep track of.

#53 of 120 Ken Chan

Ken Chan

Producer

• 3,302 posts

Posted October 29 2002 - 10:27 PM

Yeah, Jack shot the guy dead. He seemed pretty smug about getting off by testifying. Oh well....

Jack might live really close to CTU, but the president fishes *really* close to that command center.

You knew something was wrong with the father, the way he was eyeing Kim and with the wife arranging his bacon (kinda sounds dirty, doesn't it). Didn't think he'd turn quite that quickly though.

Good start!

//Ken

#54 of 120 Mark Evans

Mark Evans

Supporting Actor

• 585 posts

Posted October 30 2002 - 12:02 AM

Great, great season op. My gf and I haven't had time to watch the whole first season so we just caught up on the spoilers and plot and will finish it off later Posted Image. Well worth it, this is great television.

It did start off slow, and I agree that there may be one too many blondes to keep track of at the moment, but it's picking up. I mean, you have to have a little backstory before things really get rolling.

Besides, it was all worth it to see Jack cap that witness. It was interesting how they listed off all the heinous crap the guy was getting off with just so you wouldn't feel as bad when Jack plugged him.

That whole scene was the coolest thing I'd seen on TV since the thumb-taking from Season One.
Mark Evans

"I'm sure that's it. Maybe I should write a horror novel on passive resistance instead."
- Gabriel Knight

#55 of 120 Tommy Ceez

Tommy Ceez

Second Unit

• 436 posts

Posted October 30 2002 - 12:18 AM

Quote:
The only thing that bugged me is the "hacksaw" and then the shaving scene being so close together. other than that is pure 24 as far as im concerned

Jack: Do you have a hacksaw?
Mason: We can get you one in five minutes.
Jack: OK Im going to the bathrom, I'll be right back.

This is the Jack Bauer that I wanted to see last season. I guess the family life had calmed him down, now he's over the edge and dont think that will be the last of his murderous rampages.

Kiefer is utterly amazing. I dont even see quasi-famous Kiefer Sutherland when I look at him anymore, all I see is Jack Bauer. How many actors in Hollywood are kicking thier agents ass for not getting them the role? 10,000 1,000,000? Seriously! This guy has nailed the role in two different phazes of Jacks life. During the first 45 minutes last night I actually felt bad for Jack after the last 15 I felt bad for anyone who stands in this bad ass motherfuckers way.(was anything sadder than the most powerful man in the world, Pres. Palmer on the phone with the guy who saved his life, and had basically become a bum in a shitty apartment with no family)

I definattly can see Jack Blowing the mission at various points in the day by seeking revenge instead of the job at hand.
"We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what someone else did." - Thomas Sowell

#56 of 120 Stephen_M

Stephen_M

Agent

• 49 posts

Posted October 30 2002 - 12:35 AM

Kimberly Bauer is to 24 as Wesley Crusher was to ST:TNG

#57 of 120 Scooter

Scooter

Screenwriter

• 1,509 posts
  • LocationDFW Area Texas

Posted October 30 2002 - 12:40 AM

Coupla things...

Jack was packed to move out of his house..that's why stuff looked a mess.

Is it just me or did the daughter seem to....ummm.."blossom" since last season?

#58 of 120 Carlos Mendoza

Carlos Mendoza

Stunt Coordinator

• 142 posts

Posted October 30 2002 - 12:54 AM

Loved the episode! Only question is:

If you worked at CTU, wouldn't you be crying foul that Jack gets to have his daughter moved to safety, but you can't even warn your family.

And to devote an important resource to moving her to safety is a bit of a stretch.

#59 of 120 Craig S

Craig S

Producer

• 5,449 posts
  • LocationLeague City, Texas

Posted October 30 2002 - 01:08 AM

Quote:
And to devote an important resource to moving her to safety is a bit of a stretch.
Good point, but they were desperate to bring Jack on board. The pressure on Mason from above must have been pretty intense.

Three truths about movies, as noted by Roger Ebert:

* It's not what a movie is about, it's how it is about it.

* No good movie is too long, and no bad movie is short enough.

* No good movie is depressing, all bad movies are depressing.

#60 of 120 MickeS

MickeS

Producer

• 5,065 posts

Posted October 30 2002 - 02:21 AM

Wow, what an excellent opener. I watched last season sporadically (no, Fox, you don't have to watch every episode to keep up), but this season I'm probably gonna have to watch every episode. This season premiere had me hooked from the first frame until the last.

I agree that the blondes were kind of hard to keep apart... but man they're gorgeous. Posted Image

I could not believe it when Jack shot the pedophile, but it still made sense in the context of the show. As Jack figures, if he didn't pop that creep, they'll all die anyway. Not that Jack seems to care about his own life anymore, but at least he still cares enough to try and save others.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

/Mike
/Mike

Forum Nav Content I Follow