Photo

Waiters and waitresses unite!!! Share your stories...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 Dome Vongvises

Dome Vongvises

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 8,174 posts

Posted October 11 2001 - 05:00 PM

I figure that a lot of us work so we can get that little extra dough to spend on music cd's, DVD's, and whatnot. I just wanted to start this thread to hear some of the zanier stories in the food distribution engineering sector Posted Image I'll eventually think of one for myself.

------------------
"I don't know, Marge. Trying is the first step towards failure." - Homer J. Simpson

"Stranger things have happened..." - Wes Deskins

"It's not Pikeville, Kentucky. It's Pikevool!!! And it's not Louisville, it's Loolvool!!! Get it right, damnit!!!"

My DVD Collection

#2 of 5 Michelle Schmid

Michelle Schmid

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted October 11 2001 - 07:40 PM

The best question I've ever had a customer ask me, is:

"Do you have real chocolate milk or (snidely) do you guys make it?"

Of course, I could only reply:

"Well, if you mean does it come to us pre-mixed or do we add chocolate syrup to the milk, we add chocolate syrup. But of course, you do know that even if it comes pre-mixed, someone else still had to make it since there are no such things as chocolate cows!" Posted Image

#3 of 5 Kirk Gunn

Kirk Gunn

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,612 posts

Posted October 12 2001 - 12:06 AM

I was a waiter many moons ago... I remember going to a table with hot coffee on the tray and tripping. It went all over a woman's back !!!

This was pre-McDonalds-coffee-litigation, but I thought for sure the restaraunt and I would be sued after she recovered...

Fortunately she was wearing a sweater with a heavy shirt, and she wasn't hurt. It ended up being the mother of a waitress at the restaurant. Figures, I was desparately trying to always impress this particular waitress and get a date. It never did work out...... Although she did say I was a "nice guy". The story of my life !

#4 of 5 tyler O

tyler O

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted October 12 2001 - 04:08 AM

A few years ago when I was a server I was waiting on this couple, obvious first date. I was patiently waiting for the "gentleman" to get off his cellular phone so that I could get their order. He's sitting there yakking away, impressing his lady friend and the phone starts to ring. I had to excuse myself and run off. Posted Image

------------------
Share and Enjoy - The marketing division of the Sirius Cybernetics Corporation.

The difference between 0 and 1 is infinite.

My DVDs
Share and Enjoy - The marketing division of the Sirius Cybernetics Corporation.

The difference between 0 and 1 is infinite.

#5 of 5 Scott Strang

Scott Strang

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,133 posts

Posted October 13 2001 - 12:22 PM

Quote:
He's sitting there yakking away, impressing his lady friend and the phone starts to ring.

Ha ha what a fool. I bet that was their last date together and rightfully so; he was a cellular phony. Posted Image

The obvious way out of this sticky situation is to act as if he was having a call waiting feature work. She probably never would have known the difference.

How did you keep from laughing at that guy?

------------------
"What did Mr Spock see when he looked in the toilet? The Captain's Log."
Stolen from a BBS in 1985