Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

VGA to Component (Y-Pb-Pr) Converter/Transcoder

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 OFFLINE   Barrie_B

Barrie_B

Auditioning

• 4 posts

Posted August 30 2002 - 08:15 AM

Hi All,

I need a little advice.

Currently I'm using an Averkey 500 pro for displaying my desktop on the tv. For those of you unfamiliar with it, it is basically a line scanner, you plug the vga connector from the pc into it and it shoots out S-Video. It's Much better than your typical S-Video out from the vid card. I can get a decently readable text display at 800 x 600 and the color is really nice. But alas it's only S-Video... that worked fine for my non hd tv.

But now I have a HD ready TV that can do 1080i (no 740p unfortunately). I have been thinking about getting a VGA to Component (Y-Pb-Pr) Converter/Transcoder.

Now the question...Just how much better are the results from using 1080i and a transcoder compared to S-Video output.

Thanks,
Barrie.

#2 of 3 OFFLINE   Matt DeVillier

Matt DeVillier

Supporting Actor

• 781 posts

Posted August 30 2002 - 12:14 PM

Quote:
Just how much better are the results from using 1080i and a transcoder compared to S-Video output?

Night and Day. I just ordered one so I can use my laptop for non-R1 HTPC duties

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   Gabriel_Lam

Gabriel_Lam

Screenwriter

• 1,402 posts

Posted September 01 2002 - 09:19 AM

Huge difference, definitely worth the $110. Get the Key Digital or the Audio Authority.
Home Theater Forum Sponsor