Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
* * * * - 5 votes

Testy Area 51

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
29502 replies to this topic

#28061 of 29503 OFFLINE   Elizabeth S

Elizabeth S

Producer

• 4,455 posts

Posted May 02 2013 - 03:58 PM

Guy Pearce is a memorable supervillain, I hope that wasn't a spoiler, but its obvious he wasn't going to be playing Stark's best buddy.

Highly recommended. 4 out of 5.

Alrighty, then, I might go to see Iron Man Three just for Guy Pearce.  While I liked the first 2, I don't know why I have no strong desire to see this one. I actually think the big summer movie that interests me most is World War Z, as I read and enjoyed the book. The scene in the trailer where the zombies are all climbing on top of each other is freaky.

#28062 of 29503 OFFLINE   Steve Christou

Steve Christou

Long Member

• 14,392 posts
  • LocationLondon, England

Posted May 03 2013 - 06:55 AM

I think you'll enjoy it Elizabeth and um Guy Pearce takes his shirt off... [cue Liz checking for bookings]

I'm looking forward to WWZ too. Haven't read the book but the trailer looked dead good.

Mike, my old man is a Trekkie too, he's 75, I can't remember the last time he went to the cinema, was it Jaws? Might have been Star Trek the Motionless Picture.

I wonder if I can tempt him to see the new film, problem is he hates 3D. :3dglasses:

Edited by Steve Christou, May 03 2013 - 07:03 AM.

Dave hören... auf, wille stoppen sie Dave... stoppen sie Dave... Mein gehirn geht... Ich bin gefühl es... Ich bin gefühl es... Ich bin ängstlich Dave... Guter Nachmittag. Ich bin ein HAL 9000 computer. Ich wurde funktionsfähig am HAL-Betrieb in Urbana, Illinois auf January 12 1992.

Lord of the Hubs

#28063 of 29503 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 29,793 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted May 03 2013 - 07:46 AM

I don't think my dad would want 3-D either.  Will they have 2-D showings?  Hope so.

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

HTF Rules | HTF Mission Statement | Father of the Bride

Dieting with my Dog & Heart to Heart/Hand in Paw by Peggy Frezon

#28064 of 29503 OFFLINE   Steve Christou

Steve Christou

Long Member

• 14,392 posts

Posted May 03 2013 - 08:02 AM

There should be plenty of 2D showings though I've noticed if you wait a couple of weeks before going there are only 3D showings left. I wonder if they do that on purpose. :)

Bought Life of Pi on blu-ray, 3D edition, haven't watched it yet. Supposed to be really good. I have 70 films on 3D blu-ray now, and there isn't that many left to collect.

Dave hören... auf, wille stoppen sie Dave... stoppen sie Dave... Mein gehirn geht... Ich bin gefühl es... Ich bin gefühl es... Ich bin ängstlich Dave... Guter Nachmittag. Ich bin ein HAL 9000 computer. Ich wurde funktionsfähig am HAL-Betrieb in Urbana, Illinois auf January 12 1992.

Lord of the Hubs

#28065 of 29503 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 29,793 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted May 03 2013 - 08:16 AM

I watched Life of Pi a week ago (in 2-D).   I wasn't sure I'd like it.  Ended up loving it.

Watched Silver Linings Playbook last night.  Loved that, too.

For more comprehensive, in-depth reviews by Mike Frezon, go to....www....

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

#28066 of 29503 OFFLINE   Steve Christou

Steve Christou

Long Member

• 14,392 posts

Posted May 03 2013 - 08:31 AM

Watched The Paperboy a few days ago - the only film where you'll see Nicole Kidman peeing on Zac Efron, Matthew McConaughey tied up naked, beaten up and sodomised by some black guys, and John Cusack, of all people, as a sweaty sex mad killer! Maybe worth a look but I can't recommend buying it. :3dglasses:

Lord of the Hubs

#28067 of 29503 OFFLINE   Moe Dickstein

Moe Dickstein

Filmmaker

• 3,149 posts
  • LocationSherman Oaks, CA

Posted May 03 2013 - 11:14 AM

Ahh The Paperboy. You had me at peeing on Zac Efron...
Yes, these strange things happen all the time - PT Anderson, Magnolia

#28068 of 29503 OFFLINE   Russell G

Russell G

Fake Shemp

• 9,976 posts
  • LocationDeadmonton

Posted May 03 2013 - 02:31 PM

Oh yeah, Ironing Man Tree is out this weekend! I'm going to try to go next week for a good old fashioned 2D viewing. I have no idea what the film is even all about, I knew I would go so I avoided the trailers. What are they going to show to get me excited, him flying around in the suit doing stuff? please.

I'm in for Star Trek Kidz Too as well. I like the first reboot enough to see this one. No idea what it's about either. They blow up London? Is it old timey London like when they went to the OK Coral in the original series? Well this movie have a chance at being better than that old episode with the Riddler where his face was one half white and one half black and he was on the run because it was opposite to what was normal on the planet so they wanted to put him in a ghetto? Probably not eh?

I'm in for the pee movie. I'll have to track it down. It's by the guy who did Precious so you know it's batshit hilarious bonkers.

It's Free Comic Book day tomorrow so go to your local shop and get a free comic or five!

#28069 of 29503 OFFLINE   Steve Christou

Steve Christou

Long Member

• 14,392 posts

Posted May 03 2013 - 03:08 PM

What makes it more interesting is that Nicole Kidman has mentioned in interviews that she really was peeing on young Zac in that scene, whoa thats taking method acting to it's limits. I wonder if Zac enjoyed it?

Lord of the Hubs

#28070 of 29503 OFFLINE   Elizabeth S

Elizabeth S

Producer

• 4,455 posts

Posted May 05 2013 - 10:04 PM

Saw Iron Man 3 yesterday.  It was OK.  I would have enjoyed it less if Guy Pearce wasn't in it.  Maybe I'm getting tired of comic book movies.

#28071 of 29503 OFFLINE   RickER

RickER

Producer

• 5,130 posts
  • LocationTulsa, Oklahoma

Posted May 07 2013 - 05:55 AM

And here i loved IM3. Course i like Guy Pearce too. I never tire of a GOOD comic book movie. Thor did nothing for me, so i doubt i will see Thor 2. I pretty much hated the last Batman movie. Hell, Batman and Robin was more exciting, and had a better plot!

I will see the new Trek, only because i like Cumberbatch. I read all the spoilers, and its not my Star Trek.

#28072 of 29503 OFFLINE   Russell G

Russell G

Fake Shemp

• 9,976 posts
  • LocationDeadmonton

Posted May 10 2013 - 09:00 AM

Guys! You can all rest easy: I finally saw Iron Man 3! It was a bit of a limp dick for me. It wasn't bad, it wasn't memorable, it was just kind of there. Good eye candy that you can pretty much forget about. Their was a couple of miss-steps that didn't help the film, but nothing to pull your hair out over. Everything in it could of been better. The real problem though is after the Avengers, where's Captain America and all them to help out Iron Man when the international terrorist organization is blowing all his shit up? They kind of screwed themselves now that they've Avenger'd themselves. Add in the marketing things that ruin all the expensive films these days and well, you got an servicable but empty film. 3.5/5

Unlike Rick, I loved Thor and look forward to Thor 2. The trailer looked great and truly epic. They should of flopped the releases so we got Thor 2 first since Iron Man 3 was pretty much a christmas movie.

I'll see Star Trek Wars in a couple of weeks I'm sure. I agree with Rick, it's not really STAR TREK Star Trek, but it'll do.

#28073 of 29503 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 29,793 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted May 10 2013 - 09:33 AM

Guys! You can all rest easy: I finally saw Iron Man 3!

Phew!  That's a load off my mind!  :biggrin:

#28074 of 29503 OFFLINE   Dave Upton

Dave Upton

Owner

• 865 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted May 10 2013 - 09:39 AM

Trying to determine if posting in here is safe. I've heard stories.

Will I be trapped or forced into signing an NDA?

#28075 of 29503 OFFLINE   Russell G

Russell G

Fake Shemp

• 9,976 posts
  • LocationDeadmonton

Posted May 10 2013 - 09:53 AM

Trying to determine if posting in here is safe. I've heard stories.

Will I be trapped or forced into signing an NDA?

As long as the NDA is signed in blood you should have no problem. :lol:

#28076 of 29503 OFFLINE   Dave Upton

Dave Upton

Owner

• 865 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted May 10 2013 - 11:00 AM

Does it have to be my blood? :)

#28077 of 29503 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 29,793 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted May 10 2013 - 11:05 AM

2410967-be_afraid_be_very_afraid_1.jpg

#28078 of 29503 OFFLINE   Dennis Nicholls

Dennis Nicholls

Lead Actor

• 7,822 posts
  • LocationBoise, ID

Posted May 10 2013 - 04:10 PM

Osborne bribes Disney - SW VII to be shot in Britain.

http://www.telegraph...made-in-UK.html

Mr Osborne said: "I am delighted that Star Wars is coming back to Britain. Today’s announcement that the next Star Wars film will be shot and produced in the UK is great news for fans and our creative industries, and it is clear evidence that our incentives are attracting the largest studios back to the UK.

Would I get "warning points" for posting a comment in the Telegraph story?

Edited by Dennis Nicholls, May 10 2013 - 04:51 PM.

Feline videophiles Condoleezza and Dukie.

#28079 of 29503 OFFLINE   Moe Dickstein

Moe Dickstein

Filmmaker

• 3,149 posts
  • LocationSherman Oaks, CA

Posted May 10 2013 - 04:52 PM

I think you get warning points for asking if you get warning points.
Yes, these strange things happen all the time - PT Anderson, Magnolia

#28080 of 29503 OFFLINE   TonyD

TonyD

Who do we think I am?

• 16,200 posts
  • LocationDisney World and Universal Florida

Posted May 10 2013 - 05:50 PM

I'm with Russell, IM 3 was meh for me.
Too much Stark and not enough actuall IM.

didn't like the villains, maybe they had too much power or just didn't fit in an Iron Man story.

Didn't like what they did with Mandarin.
facebook.com/whotony

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Walter Kittel