Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

I want MacGyver.

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 of 10 OFFLINE   stephen^wilson

stephen^wilson

Stunt Coordinator

• 246 posts

Posted August 27 2002 - 07:30 AM

With the news that universal are releasing a bunch of tv shows on dvd i hope that paramount jumps on the bandwagon and decides to release my favourite show MacGyver on dvd especially now that i've heard that a movie is being considered-how about it paramount?

#2 of 10 OFFLINE   Dave Ringkor

Dave Ringkor

Stunt Coordinator

• 172 posts

Posted August 27 2002 - 08:49 AM

What have you heard about a movie? I think there were a couple made-for-TV movies a while back. As I recall they were okay.

#3 of 10 OFFLINE   stephen^wilson

stephen^wilson

Stunt Coordinator

• 246 posts

Posted August 27 2002 - 08:58 AM

The bbc website in the u.k. says that New Line are planning a film but it could be a rumour.

#4 of 10 OFFLINE   Jeff*S*C*

Jeff*S*C*

Second Unit

• 290 posts

Posted August 27 2002 - 09:26 AM

From comingsoon.net: http://www.comingsoo....30338544,2479,

#5 of 10 OFFLINE   Jason Harbaugh

Jason Harbaugh

Screenwriter

• 2,968 posts

Posted August 27 2002 - 10:19 AM

This is one of my most wanted series on DVD.

How else would we know that you can stop a leaky nuclear plant with chocolate bars if we didn't have Mac? Posted Image

As for the movie I hope Anderson plays the part and they don't do the 'younger' Mac thing like Young Indiana Jones.

#6 of 10 OFFLINE   Andy Kim

Andy Kim

Second Unit

• 252 posts

Posted August 27 2002 - 10:39 AM

Sorry but I have to add my MacGyver experience. I was on the bus and there was this guy with a cheap looking leather/vinyl grey bomber jacket and on the back in black magic marker he had written in big letters "MacGyver". It wasn't even in some cool font, it was just hand written letters. It was the funniest/oddest thing I've ever seen.

#7 of 10 OFFLINE   David Lambert

David Lambert

Executive Producer

• 11,386 posts

Posted August 27 2002 - 11:20 AM

Funny thing, I just came back from a run up the street. Before I hopped in the car, this was the last thread I read on HTF.

As I turned on the afternoon pair of DJ's on the local rock station, they were going over entertainment news. They mentioned this article at the Hollywood Reporter (there's more to it than what I quote):

[quote] "MacGyver," the late-1980s television series that featured an always-unsinkable secret agent played by Richard Dean Anderson, has completed a plot for the big screen. On Friday, the creator of the Paramount Television series, Lee Zlotoff, closed a seven-figure deal with New Line Cinema to write, direct and produce a feature film based on "MacGyver," the ABC series that aired from 1985-92. New Line was able to go ahead with the deal Friday after Paramount Pictures, which had the right of last refusal for the rights to the series, passed on the project. [quote]
DAVE/Memphis, TN

...Want to see your favorite show on DVD?

#8 of 10 OFFLINE   Alan Kurland

Alan Kurland

Stunt Coordinator

• 99 posts

Posted August 27 2002 - 12:11 PM

I'd love the series on DVD. I still have a few episodes on video. I remember vividly that he was trapped in a sauna - not clear on how he got out (may be useful information for us in case we're in a similar predicament)

#9 of 10 OFFLINE   Beau

Beau

Supporting Actor

• 503 posts

Posted August 27 2002 - 02:23 PM

Paramout NEEDS to gets all 7 seasons on DVD and both the Made for TV movies. I'm in the process of getting them recorded off tv, and bought the movies from ebay recently. If a MacGyver movie is made, it would be nice to see Richard Dean Anderson in the roll again, but if he is in just a small roll, maybe they could make him look old and he could play Harry(Mac's grandfather).

#10 of 10 OFFLINE   Lane F.

Lane F.

Stunt Coordinator

• 188 posts

Posted August 27 2002 - 03:18 PM

Damn that was weird. I just heard about the news of the movie earlier today and started a thread on the topic over at www.dvdtalk.com. I just ended up checking over here to see if there was anything on the topic Posted Image

Put me down as another consumer who would buy all 7 seasons...
When I play with my cat, how do I know that she is not passing time with me rather than I with her?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users