What's new

Monster Squad DVD.......... (1 Viewer)

Declan

Second Unit
.........is there one on any region?

There are alot of lost (dont know if you would call them classics........but I love them anyway)movies that are'nt on DVD.....and are very hard to track down on laser.

Quick Change,
Moving,
License to Drive,
Jumpin Jack Flash,
...........and the aforementioned Monster Squad.

Just noticed that Toy Soliders is coming out on R1 in October, which is what promted my post.

Chad R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chad Rouch
Definite purchase for me. AFter all it answers the age old question that Wolfman does indeed have nards.
Heartbroken to read in that review that fat kid passed away :frowning:

Declan

Second Unit
God, did'nt know there was a Widescreen version at all.
Great to know................but hard to get:D
What about Japenese subs? are they present at all, cant remember if you said in your (excellent) review.
Come on columbia DVD please:)

Dave Anderson

Second Unit
This isn't Columbia's movie. They were simply the distributor back in the 80's. I believe the rights are owned by Artisan or Paramount. There seems to be some confusion over who actually has the rights. One thing is for certain: it's not Columbia's movie to release onto DVD.

The Japanese laserdisc has subtitles, all of which are in the black bars. Actually, the 2.35:1 frame was shifted vertically so that there would be a larger black bar on the bottom, effictively allowing all subtitles to stay in the black bar.

Declan

Second Unit
well Dave thanks for the info...............and I am sure you are with me when I say "whoever owns the rights......better get a move on and bring it out"
I am sure that this would be a decent seller as it seems to have a big cult following.
But does anybody know when other titles that I mentioned are going to be released?
Really want Quick Change:)

Jim Peavy

Supporting Actor
I would scarf up (SCARF I say!) a DVD of this in a heartbeat. I believe I saw this once in the theatre, but since then only on P&S laserdisc and (forgive me...) VHS.

Was this really 2.35:1? Wow...

Dave Anderson

Second Unit
I did a comparison between the 2.35:1 widescreen ld and the 1.33:1 p&s ld. The proof is in the pudding.

Notice some people missing? Yup, gotta love P&S!

Eugene Esterly

Supporting Actor
I would definatly go for Monster Squad when it is released on DVD.

I would also buy License to Drive when it is released on DVD.

JavierS

Stunt Coordinator
How come there isn't a petition for this flick?? They NEED to release this flick, so younger audiences KNOW that there is only ONE way to kill a werewolf :b

Mattias_ka

Supporting Actor
If anyone wants the rare japanese LD I have one that I might sell if the rpice is right. E-mail me

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I'd love Monster Squad on dvd! Has some of the best recreations of the classic monsters ever!
Declan,
you mentioned that Toy Soldiers is coming out here, is this by chance the action flick with Sean Astin and Will Weaton? If so, i'm very excited, i've been waiting for that one.

Adam_WM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adam Moreau
I don't own a laserdisc player so I have to get by with my P&S old-school worn-out VHS tape. Someday... (dream)...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks