What's new

what about garfield and friends on dvd? (1 Viewer)

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
that series aired for a long time.. about 8 or 9 seasons.. maybe more.. I know that it was only a half hr on the first season and then went to an 1 hr on the second season. it would be really cool to see this on dvd.

JACOB

Luke T

Grip
In a related note, or heck, in addition...how about the Garfield TV specials?
I NEED "Garfield's Halloween Adventure". Paramount has the specials in the vault via CBS/Fox deal, right? I wonder if they have the TV series too? I e-mailed the official Garfield store recently inquiring about eventually offering the TV specials on DVD. Waiting to hear back, but I'll post when I do.
Garfield on DVD!! We need it, Paramount!! :)

Iain Jackson

Second Unit
I really want the TV specials to come out on DVD... I have nine of the twelve recorded on various VHS tapes which are beginning to wear out... but the other three I haven't even seen yet!

This should happen eventually, especially if 20th Century Fox gives the go-ahead on the movie...

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
I am not sure whether Paramount owns it or not. CBS/Fox had the specials by arrangement with United Feature Syndicate when they owned the rights to the characters, but now those rights have reverted to its creator.

Season sets of this show with extras would be most welcome.

Sarah S

Second Unit
I woudn't mind if seeason sets were released of this show. I would definitely try to pick them up along with any of the specials they chose to make available. Maybe they could put all the specials on one or two discs....that way people could pick them all up at once.

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
fox family owned the rights to garfield and friends before ABC family took over.. I don;t know if fox still owns it or not. hopefully it will be fox that does it and not paramount.

JACOB

Andrew_Sch

Senior HTF Member
Man, I want the Christmas special so bad I can taste it. With that, plus the George C. Scott Christmas Carol, Charlie Brown Christmas and It's A Wonderful Life, we'd be prepared for the holidays. Now, if only Warner would re-release A Christmas Story in OAR.:angry:

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
Fox is currently working on a movie.. it was annouced 6 monthso ago or so.

JACOB

Kyle McKnight

Senior HTF Member
"The film is being developed as a live action production, with a computer generated "Garfield.""

See what Scooby started ;(

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
I would think that most people would agree that Garfield is much better then scooby doo. I am sure the movie will be much better then scooby.. It got the writers from toy story.

JACOB

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks