Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Who is Shannon Hoon?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 of 8 OFFLINE   Mike Broadman

Mike Broadman

Producer

• 4,956 posts

Posted October 10 2001 - 08:55 AM

Forgive me if this is a stupid question, but who is Shannon Hoon (not sure about spelling)? I'm listening to a Dream Theater song where he mentions her along side with Kurt Cobain. The lyric is something like:

A daily dose of empTV
Will flush your mind right down the drain.
Shannon Hoon and Kurt Cobain
Make yourself a household name.

So I'm curious who this person is. Thanks much.

#2 of 8 OFFLINE   Kolya

Kolya

Stunt Coordinator

• 91 posts

Posted October 10 2001 - 09:00 AM

Lead singer of Blind Melon. OD'd on something or other in the mid '90s. Male.

#3 of 8 OFFLINE   Trey Fletcher

Trey Fletcher

Second Unit

• 354 posts

Posted October 10 2001 - 10:41 AM

Kolya is correct. Shannon Hoon (sp?) was the male lead singer of Blind Melon, their most popular song being "No rain." He died of a cocaine overdose several years ago, leaving behind a girlfriend and daughter. Recently, VH1's "behind the music" did a nice piece on the band and what happened, though the attitude and actions of the rest of the band regarding his addiction pretty much disgusted me. TF
"The metric system is the tool of the devil! My car gets 40 rods to the hog's head, and that's the way I like it!" -Grandpa Simpson

#4 of 8 OFFLINE   Mike Broadman

Mike Broadman

Producer

• 4,956 posts

Posted October 11 2001 - 03:37 AM

Ooohhh.

I assumed it was a woman.

Yeah, I remember that guy, just didn't know his name.

Thanks, folks.

#5 of 8 OFFLINE   Matt Butler

Matt Butler

Screenwriter

• 1,921 posts

Posted October 11 2001 - 04:24 AM

I saw Blind Melon open for a Jimmy Page/ Robert Plant reunion concert. Two weeks later I heard on the radio he had died. Creepy!
My Blu Rays
http://www.blu-ray.c...ol...=Dj Matt B

Favorite films of all time in no order
1. Zodiac 2. Dawn of the Dead (1978) 3. The Good The Bad and The Ugly 4. Blade Runner 5. The Warriors 6. Dark Knight 7. The Godfather  8. Bullitt 9. Experiment in Terror 10. Raiders of the Lost...

#6 of 8 OFFLINE   John Besse

John Besse

Supporting Actor

• 576 posts
  • LocationTrinity, FL

Posted October 11 2001 - 11:35 PM

Just let me breath... Dream Theater rocks. Although, that is by far the worst song on the CD Posted Image

------------------
My DVD Collection

My Laserdisc Collection
"Empire had the better ending. Luke gets his hand cut off, finds out Vader's his father, Han gets frozen and taken away by Boba Fett. It ends on such a down note. That's what life is, a series of down endings. All Jedi had was a bunch of Muppets."

#7 of 8 OFFLINE   MikeM

MikeM

Screenwriter

• 1,207 posts

Posted October 12 2001 - 01:03 AM

In concert, I heard he...ummm...(how do I put this?)...during the song 'No Rain" he proceeded to make his own..."yellow rain" on the front row during a stop in Sacramento.

I don't know if this was the stuff of urban legend, but I rememeber hearing about that back in college.

------------------
Posted Image

#8 of 8 OFFLINE   SteveA

SteveA

Supporting Actor

• 701 posts

Posted October 12 2001 - 01:21 AM

Yes, Shannon Hoon did indeed urinate on the crowd during a concert in which he was tripping on acid (according to the VH1 Behind The Music special).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users