Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Any chance of ren & stimpy? Any other cartoon news?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 of 6 OFFLINE   Scott_D

Scott_D

Stunt Coordinator

• 77 posts

Posted August 22 2002 - 12:30 AM

Is there any chance that the early seasons of Ren & stimpy will be released in season box sets in the near future? Also, what about xmen or batman cartoon season sets? Other than simpsons, futurama, and south park, these other three are the only ones I want.

#2 of 6 OFFLINE   Mark Lensenmaye

Mark Lensenmaye

Auditioning

• 12 posts

Posted August 22 2002 - 01:07 AM

No news on DVD (there is a LD of the first and best group of R&S cartoons), but TNN (The National Network) has announced that they are bringing R&S back in 2003. This will include all of the Kricfalusi originals and some new cartoons by John K. No word if Billy West will continue as Ren AND Stimpy. For me, I'd like to see John K. back as the angriest animal in the history of TV. Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy!

#3 of 6 OFFLINE   soop.spoon

soop.spoon

Supporting Actor

• 760 posts

Posted August 22 2002 - 01:17 AM

I'd buy the first batch of episodes in a second! Who am i kidding... I'd likely buy them all. The first dozen or so are truly classic... This would be a Paramount release, no? How has Paramount been at releasing TV shows on DVD?

#4 of 6 OFFLINE   John Berggren

John Berggren

Producer

• 3,245 posts

Posted August 22 2002 - 01:57 AM

I'd love to buy Ren and Stimpy. So far as TV on DVD is concerned, it seems animation is largely underserved.
Support the fight against Multiple Sclerosis as I ride in the 2007 MS 150 in New Bern this September.

Be a Widescreen Advocate

#5 of 6 OFFLINE   Jared M

Jared M

Stunt Coordinator

• 137 posts

Posted August 22 2002 - 07:36 AM

I hope we see an entire series release, in season sets, myself. sign my petition and hopefully this will have some sort of an impact on Mr. Blythe and Paramount.

#6 of 6 OFFLINE   Geoff_D

Geoff_D

Supporting Actor

• 897 posts

Posted August 22 2002 - 08:07 AM

The return of John K as Ren Hoek? JOY!!! And a DVD box set would rock. But will there be a featurette on Stimpy's collection of magical nose goblins? I sure hope so! Fave episode: Ren going nuts living as a hermit, with Ren making a replacement Stimpy from lint and us participating in Ren's hallucinations - pure M-A-D-N-E-S-S. Great to watch after a few herbal cigarettes...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users