Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

The Classic 'Fight Club' Scene Showcase

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
23 replies to this topic

#1 of 24 OFFLINE   Paul_D

Paul_D

Screenwriter

• 2,056 posts

Posted August 21 2002 - 10:57 PM

I prepared these images for my signature, but the colour isn't quite right, and I've since had the good fortune of having help with captures and colour correction, so to avoid putting these to waste, they make a good basis for a thread celebrating Fight Club's fantastic dialogue. The whole script is full of classic lines, so contributions, with pictorial accompniment would be very appropriate.

[c]Posted Image
"With insomnia nothing's real. You're never really asleep, and you're never really awake."

Posted Image
"In the industry we call them, cigarette burns."

Posted Image
*"You're too old fat man, and your tits are too big. Get the f%&k off my porch."

Posted Image
"Marla. Her lie reflected my lie."

Posted Image
"Nine times out of ten it's an electric razor but, every once in a while..."

Posted Image
"Shit man now it's all gone. All gone."[/c]

* colour corrected
[c][/c]
[c]"Where did you take, this girl Jerry?"[/c]

#2 of 24 OFFLINE   Charles J P

Charles J P

Screenwriter

• 2,028 posts

Posted August 22 2002 - 01:19 AM

This thread has inspired me to finally buy this movie. (I've seen it a million times as my college roomie owned it, but I dont) So, what is the difference between the two disk set and the new single disk. Did they squeeze everything onto a DVD-18 or is there less content on the single?

#3 of 24 OFFLINE   JonZ

JonZ

Lead Actor

• 7,793 posts

Posted August 22 2002 - 05:25 AM

Im not sure but I THINK the new version will be without the second disc(extras).
Theres still plenty of the 2 disc sets around. Get one while you can.

#4 of 24 OFFLINE   Steeve Bergeron

Steeve Bergeron

Screenwriter

• 2,541 posts

Posted August 22 2002 - 09:13 AM

You could always ask our friend John to fix them for you. He's very good, and he doesn't seem to mind. It's pretty obvious which ones of your pictures haven't passed the "JohnRice" seal of approval! Posted Image

#5 of 24 OFFLINE   Kami

Kami

Screenwriter

• 1,496 posts

Posted August 22 2002 - 06:32 PM

Quote:
You're too old fat man, and your tits are too big. Get the f%&k off my porch."
This one always made me chuckle when you used to have it in your sig.

#6 of 24 OFFLINE   Paul_D

Paul_D

Screenwriter

• 2,056 posts

Posted August 23 2002 - 05:53 AM

Here are two more shots that I really enjoy.

[c]http://www.geocities..._photos/its.txt

http://www.geocities...tos/hidden2.txt
Hidden Tyler.[/c]
[c][/c]
[c]"Where did you take, this girl Jerry?"[/c]

#7 of 24 OFFLINE   Peter Kim

Peter Kim

Screenwriter

• 1,577 posts

Posted August 23 2002 - 06:48 AM

Does the industry really call them 'cigarette burns'?

Does anyone else remember a fantastic quote uttered during the testicular cancer support group (about why she should/shouldn't be there)?
my girls rock Balenciaga & smoke mad marijuana - M.O.B.

#8 of 24 OFFLINE   Peter Kim

Peter Kim

Screenwriter

• 1,577 posts

Posted August 23 2002 - 06:59 AM

'Now a question of etiquette...as I pass, do I give her the ass or the crotch?'

That momentary crotch pause...Posted Image
my girls rock Balenciaga & smoke mad marijuana - M.O.B.

#9 of 24 OFFLINE   Seth Paxton

Seth Paxton

Lead Actor

• 7,588 posts

Posted August 23 2002 - 08:28 AM

Posted Image

"Slide."

#10 of 24 OFFLINE   Christ Reynolds

Christ Reynolds

Producer

• 3,597 posts

Posted August 23 2002 - 09:17 AM

Quote:
"Slide."

i thought she said "its a lie" because the narrator says 'her lie reflected my lie'. maybe i'm wrong, i'm off to check the subtitles Posted Image

CJ
And then when I feel so stuffed I can't eat anymore, I just use the restroom! And then I CAN eat more!

#11 of 24 OFFLINE   Bruce Hedtke

Bruce Hedtke

Screenwriter

• 2,249 posts

Posted August 23 2002 - 11:06 AM

I believe it was "Slide" because Martha was becoming such a presence in his life, she was showing up in his ice cave as the penguin...and the first time around, the penguin said "slide".

Bruce
The Mads are calling

#12 of 24 OFFLINE   Andy Olivera

Andy Olivera

Screenwriter

• 1,302 posts

Posted August 23 2002 - 11:36 AM

Quote:
Does anyone else remember a fantastic quote uttered during the testicular cancer support group (about why she should/shouldn't be there)?

That was after he confronted Marla, when they were deciding who would get which groups. Going from memory, here:

Narrator: Testicular cancer should be no contest.

Marla: Well, technically, I have more of a right to be there than you do. You still have your balls.
"It is not, and never should be, the policy of the law to require the protection of the foolhardy or reckless few and therefore to deprive, or interfere with, the enjoyment by the remainder of society of the liberties and amenities to which they are rightly entitled." -unknown

#13 of 24 OFFLINE   Seth Paxton

Seth Paxton

Lead Actor

• 7,588 posts

Posted August 24 2002 - 05:26 AM

Christ, by now you've probably confirmed that it is "slide".

The whole point of the scene is that she has even invaded his "quiet place" of meditation and taken the place of his power animal.

I just like how hot she is and she could give me relaxing meditative advice any time. I actually think Norton was making progress by improving his quiet place. Posted Image Posted Image

#14 of 24 OFFLINE   Christ Reynolds

Christ Reynolds

Producer

• 3,597 posts

Posted August 24 2002 - 07:02 AM

Quote:
Christ, by now you've probably confirmed that it is "slide"

yes i have, gotta listen more closely next time, maybe i can blame it on the horrible sound on my dvd? hmm not on this one Posted Image

Quote:
The whole point of the scene is that she has even invaded his "quiet place" of meditation and taken the place of his power animal.

i understood that part, but i think the first time i saw it i thought she said 'its a lie' and its not really out of place that she says that either. shes taking the power animal's place, whatever she says. and i dont know why he didnt like her there, its a nice quiet place for him and her to 'fuck her and snub her' as she puts it later on.

CJ
And then when I feel so stuffed I can't eat anymore, I just use the restroom! And then I CAN eat more!

#15 of 24 OFFLINE   Bruce Hedtke

Bruce Hedtke

Screenwriter

• 2,249 posts

Posted August 24 2002 - 09:32 AM

Quote:
*"You're too old fat man, and your tits are too big. Get the f%&k off my porch."

What makes that scene so classic, is once you know the "secret", it's hilarious to watch Pitt and Norton play off the secret-what the guy on the porch must feel when he gets told two different things
by the same person! Posted Image

Bruce
The Mads are calling

#16 of 24 OFFLINE   Roberto Carlo

Roberto Carlo

Second Unit

• 445 posts

Posted August 24 2002 - 10:32 AM

The Ikea catalog scene. What's pathetic is the fact that I have the new catalog in my bathroom.

I am Jack, embarrassed. :b
What are the roots that clutch, what branches grow out of this stony rubbish? Son of Man. You cannot say, or guess, for you know only a heap of broken images . . .

T.S. Eliot, The Wasteland

#17 of 24 OFFLINE   Brian_J

Brian_J

Second Unit

• 421 posts

Posted August 24 2002 - 04:34 PM

As more and more time passes the more I come to my own realization that this is in many ways the most perfect movie I have seen from the last 20 or so years. The editing is so deft, the cinematography is so breath taking, acting top notch and the memorable lines...so rare indeed.

Brian
Zed's Dead Baby...

XBOX Tag: DreadMantis

#18 of 24 OFFLINE   Geoff_D

Geoff_D

Supporting Actor

• 895 posts

Posted August 25 2002 - 02:39 AM

Having first watched Fight Club after having a few, er, herbal cigarettes, it stuck in my mind like a splinter and has remained ever since.

"We are the all-singing, all-dancing crap of the world."

#19 of 24 OFFLINE   Bruce Hedtke

Bruce Hedtke

Screenwriter

• 2,249 posts

Posted August 25 2002 - 07:58 AM

One of the funniest lines of the film was one that I completely missed the first 3 times I saw Fight Club. Well, remember the beginning of the film, Tyler has the gun in Jack's mouth, he takes it out and asks him if he has anything to say? Jack responds "I can't think of anything". Flash-forward to the end of the film, where they duplicate the opening scene. Tyler asks him if he has anything to say. Jack responds "I still can't think of anything" Posted Image Of course, how I missed it is a mystery since Tyler himself said "Ah, flashback humor" :b

Bruce
The Mads are calling

#20 of 24 OFFLINE   Paul_D

Paul_D

Screenwriter

• 2,056 posts

Posted August 25 2002 - 09:03 AM

Quote:
"Ah, flashback humor"

My favourite line in the film.

[c]http://www.geocities...hotos/tying.txt

http://www.geocities...otos/hidden.txt