Photo

Pioneer DV-F727 DV-F07

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 Robert Ma

Robert Ma

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted July 12 2001 - 02:20 AM

I am looking to purchase one of the Pioneer 300 DVD changers. Does anyone know the difference between them other than the rosewood panels? I can get the 727 for $540 and I cant find the F07 for less then $800 - $900.

Any thoughts?

#2 of 3 Burke Strickland

Burke Strickland

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted July 12 2001 - 03:16 AM

The DACS on the Pioneer Elite DV-F07 are superior to the ones on the Pioneer DV-F727. (Reviewers have gushed over how great the DV-F07 sounds with CDs because of that -- as good as stand alone single-play CD players they have used which cost more.) If you have high quality external DACS and are planning to use the DVD player as a transport only (using the digital outs) then that wouldn't be as big a selling point.

However, the build quality seems to be better (more robust) on the Elite model as well, as I have read complaints numerous places about various mechanical problems with the 'F727, and not a peep about that kind of thing on the 'F07.

For full disclosure, I have owned and used a DV-F07 for over a year and couldn't be more pleased with its operation and performance. I had even considered getting another one, but decided other upgrades had higher priority. (Having used up all 300 slots, I've "made do" with swapping out seldom-accessed titles with more recent acquisitions.) :>)

Enjoy!

Burke

[Edited last by Burke Strickland on July 12, 2001 at 10:18 AM]
Burke

#3 of 3 Robert Ma

Robert Ma

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted July 12 2001 - 03:22 AM

Thanks for the input. I may consider getting the Marantz 300 DVD THX Ultra changer.

I wonder if it is any different than the F07