-

Photo

How to ID a DVD -- ASIN # ?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 MaryS

MaryS

Agent

• 25 posts

Posted August 20 2002 - 09:14 PM

The information below is the "Technical Information" (from the AMAZON website) on the newly released 'Raising Arizona' DVD.

I preordered the DVD and I received it before the release date of 8/20/2002 (obviously I didn't order from AMAZON). Is there a way to tell if the DVD I received is the current release? I assume that the "ASIN: 6305499128" is a unique identifier for the DVD -- but I don't see anything like that on the box. Where do you find the ASIN for a DVD?

-----------------------------------------------------------
Release Information:
Studio: Twentieth Century Fox
Theatrical Release Date: March 13, 1987
DVD Release Date: August 20, 2002
Run Time: 94 minutes
Production Company: 20th Century Fox
Package Type: Keep Case

Aspect Ratio(s): Widescreen letterbox - 1.85:1

Discographic Information:
DVD Encoding: Region 1
Layers: Single
Available Audio Tracks: English (Dolby Digital 2.0 Surround), English (Dolby Digital 2.0 Surround)
Available subtitles: English, Spanish

Edition Details:
• Region 1 encoding (US and Canada only)
• Color, Closed-captioned, Dolby, Widescreen
• Theatrical trailer(s), TV spot(s)
• Widescreen letterbox format
• ASIN: 6305499128

#2 of 3 John Stone

John Stone

Supporting Actor

• 683 posts

Posted August 20 2002 - 11:54 PM

There is only one Region 1 release of 'Raising Arizona', and it's been out since at least the summer of 1999. Amazon often changes the stated release date to reflect a price change. In this case, a new price probably went into effect on 8/20/2002.

I have held off on purchasing the current non-anamorphic, bare-bones 'Raising Arizona' in the hopes that an SE will be released at some point. There's been some rumors, but still no official announcement (AFAIK).

#3 of 3 Joe Isham

Joe Isham

Stunt Coordinator

• 66 posts

Posted August 21 2002 - 12:35 AM

Quote:
I assume that the "ASIN: 6305499128" is a unique identifier for the DVD -- but I don't see anything like that on the box. Where do you find the ASIN for a DVD?

The ASIN is Amazon's private SKU number. The UPC barcode is a better way to keep track of individual products, but Amazon doesn't put that on their website.