What's new

I thought my receiver had memory (1 Viewer)

Niel_JL

Stunt Coordinator
I have the onkyo 500 and have enjoyed it along with the nsp1's.
However, when I did the initial calibration with my handy dandy spl meter, I thought they would stay like that. After I turned off the receiver and turned it back on, I assumed it would automatically go back to the calibrated levels. Well, it didn't. Everytime I turn it on I have to change the levels all over again. Is this normal? I know that the 500 is at the bottom of the food chain, but I thought that the speaker set up would remain where I calibrated it. I couldn't find anything in the owner's manual.
Is there such a thing as memory in a receiver like the 500?

JL

joe rizzuto

Stunt Coordinator
please dont take offense at this.when you calibrated did you use the main volume control or the buttons to the left of the main control. there are 2 sets of controls - one for simple volume adjustments and one for setting the levels. i know this 'cause i did the same thing on my 484 when i got it.

Jonathan Smith

Stunt Coordinator
I have an Integra receiver (which is a division of Onkyo), so maybe the way our receivers handle level settings is similar. On my receiver, any adjustment made outside of the speaker calibration menu (internal test tones) is temporary. Did you use internal test tones or a disc for calibration? If you used a disc, write down your final calibrated values. Then go into the internal test tone calibration in the setup menu and adjust to the values you got using the disc. The values in the setup menu should stay set. It is not normal for you to have to adjust them every time.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks